Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I’ll let you know when i get there lol

I wasn’t able to play more than one run yesterday but I’mma be on all day today. I’m gonna try and beat the reach and beat the 3rd biome

Yeah I was able to turn it off.

You have to start from the ship and make your way back to the second world. No checkpoint from there.

:francis:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
maaaaan, I just got the first house key so i'm assuming a boss is coming. so far the shotgun seems sorry as hell compared to the other guns.

Two hits up close kills enemies.

But if you have the blade, it kills in one hit.

So best to keep the carbine weapon.

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
maaaaan, I just got the first house key so i'm assuming a boss is coming. so far the shotgun seems sorry as hell compared to the other guns.
The shotgun is good to stagger enemies and get some free shots or finish them with the sword. Especially if the sword has the power ups than hurt other enemies when they die. Haven't tried it on a boss though, that sounds like suicide.

I thought you could teleport back to the 2nd biome?

You still have to go through the stage to generate room with the portal to the 2nd biome. So if you're lucky it could be a couple rooms. If you're unlucky it might be the last room on the map.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
As much as i love teh sound design for this game this is a great game if you want to listen to a podcast and play also.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
20210501_125301.jpg

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
The shotgun is good to stagger enemies and get some free shots or finish them with the sword. Especially if the sword has the power ups than hurt other enemies when they die. Haven't tried it on a boss though, that sounds like suicide.

You still have to go through the stage to generate room with the portal to the 2nd biome. So if you're lucky it could be a couple rooms. If you're unlucky it might be the last room on the map.

I was cutting Phrike after he pops up from the fog. He gonna give you the hands if you don't dodge after one hit. I had upgrades on the blade and was doing about 20% per hit. He's pretty forgiving and you can get multiple hits throughout the fight.

:francis:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Housemarque got another banger on their hands but the game feels needlessly difficult in certain aspects, health drops are nowhere practically and that pisses me off. The game is artificially difficult and I'm shocked they charging $70 for something so many will struggle with.

The gameplay is just sublime once it clicks but the not having the option to save is terrible. Made it to the 3rd biome and see how quick you can run through them but it's 2021 we need qol design for certain things, I have to plan time around this game in order to to play warzone with my boy.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Housemarque got another banger on their hands but the game feels needlessly difficult in certain aspects, health drops are nowhere practically and that pisses me off. The game is artificially difficult and I'm shocked they charging $70 for something so many will struggle with.

The gameplay is just sublime once it clicks but the not having the option to save is terrible. Made it to the 3rd biome and see how quick you can run through them but it's 2021 we need qol design for certain things, I have to plan time around this game in order to to play warzone with my boy.

this will probably be me in a couple hours once I play the game fully lmao

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Damn i was doing so well, had a nice ass build walked into a “container room” thinking it was a cool item and low and behold that shyt is an ambush, had like 3 different red dudes in there and like 12 other fandoms. shyt looked like the 4th of July.

I’m never getting out the first biome:to: