Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I got that pylon gun yesterday and some of y'all started the game with it

:picard:

Shouldn't have lost to anyone with that weapon.

BTW leech rounds is :wow:

Gonna run through the rest of the game this week.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got to Nemesis today after going back thru all of Biome 1 minus Phrike. Didn't even know where to shoot Nemesis. :to:

lol. red orb breh. he's not too hard if you don't let all the shyt flying around take you out of your game.

also, find a gun that does chip damage (Carbine + Leech Rounds/Rising Pitch, Hollowseeker + Phantom Portal, Electropylon Driver) if you can. not the globber tho... you have to charge the shots to hit the boss and do effective damage.

one trick i learned with nemesis: after you take out his first health gauge and everything goes crazy, you can use the floating platforms as shields if you time it right. when you see him loading up waves of orbs, wait until they're close, step off the back of a platform, then look up and zip back onto the same platform you dropped from. if you time it right the orbs will go sailing past you as you climb back onto the platform. when the statues start shooting yellow waves, start hopping to other platforms so they can't lock in on you. once you know how to use the platforms to defend yourself, he's light work.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got that pylon gun yesterday and some of y'all started the game with it

:picard:

Shouldn't have lost to anyone with that weapon.

BTW leech rounds is :wow:

Gonna run through the rest of the game this week.

leech rounds + rising pitch was my favorite upgrade until i got the phantom portal. if you can get them both together you're gonna do some serious damage.

tgu

Pro
Daps
you don’t have to re-fight phrike, or any of the other bosses. but if you want level two power-ups on your weapons, you’ve gotta grind the biomes. and the challenge rooms.

at least I did. :yeshrug:

I have permanent level 2 upgrades on portal beam I and portal beam II, for example. you’re basically playing the game on easy mode any time you find a hollowseeker with one of those upgrades (and on the rare chance you get both… shyt, I’ve cleared all 3 second stage biomes and bosses on one run). the catch is level 2 upgrades in particular take a LONG time to activate. felt like I had to clear two biomes with the same gun to level portal beam up from 1 to 2.
:mjlol: The first time I unlocked the portal beam for the hollowseeker, I thought an enemy had teleported near me to fukk me up.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: The first time I unlocked the portal beam for the hollowseeker, I thought an enemy had teleported near me to fukk me up.

I saw that purple beam pop up and jumped right into a lake. before I had the underwater upgrade. :laff:

that laser is aggressive as hell, especially when there are multiple bad guys swarming you.

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
Had a great run yesterday brehs. I was fighting for my life all the way through Biome 6. Got really close to end the but had damn near zero integrity so I took a risk and got bodied. I will heopfully finish by this weekend. As an OG, this game definitely restores the feeling of old. You gotta respect it. One of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. I'm glad I gave this game a shot.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Had a great run yesterday brehs. I was fighting for my life all the way through Biome 6. Got really close to end the but had damn near zero integrity so I took a risk and got bodied. I will heopfully finish by this weekend. As an OG, this game definitely restores the feeling of old. You gotta respect it. One of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. I'm glad I gave this game a shot.

Biome 6???????? :damn:

I'm stuck in 3. :to:

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
Biome 6???????? :damn:

I'm stuck in 3. :to:

Dude. I have spent an embarrassing amount of hours struggling through this game! Biome 3 was by far the biggest headache. My only advice is to not skip Biome 2. At the very least, get to that little portal that takes you straight the Biome 2 boss and then grapple over to 3.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Dude. I have spent an embarrassing amount of hours struggling through this game! Biome 3 was by far the biggest headache. My only advice is to not skip Biome 2. At the very least, get to that little portal that takes you straight the Biome 2 boss and then grapple over to 3.

I never replayed biome 2 until after my second time beating the game.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery

why?....u can overpower your weapon and load up on integrity and artifacts on biome 1 then just grapple to biome 3....:yeshrug:

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
why?....u can overpower your weapon and load up on integrity and artifacts on biome 1 then just grapple to biome 3....:yeshrug:

If you're having trouble with Biome 3, that's the route I would take. It doesn't take long to get to the portal in Biome 2 and it may give him the added power he needs

:yeshrug:

Last edited: