Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
there’s a way to go directly from biome 1 to 3, but it depends on the level layout you get. I wouldn’t recommend it tho. the best way to unlock weapon upgrades is to start at 1 and work your way all the way through each biome.

Nah, if you're going from 1 to 3, you really only need to level up going thru biome 1. Once you've cleared that out enough, you should be good enough to handle biome 3. You don't even have to fight Phrike again either to be leveled up enough.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
there’s a way to go directly from biome 1 to 3, but it depends on the level layout you get. I wouldn’t recommend it tho. the best way to unlock weapon upgrades is to start at 1 and work your way all the way through each biome.
Yeah, I see how to get thru from 1 to 3, but some of the enemies in three are working me. I play thru most of 1 then go to 3. Last night was the furthest I got on 3.

I did the reconstructor on 1 before I went to 3 but when I got clapped on 3 it sent me back to the beginning??? No reconstruction. What happened?

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Even after the platinum I still can't let go :wow:

Grinding for all the weapon traits and the last 2 data cubes I'm missing.

I'll pay $40 for DLC

2XT.gif

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, if you're going from 1 to 3, you really only need to level up going thru biome 1. Once you've cleared that out enough, you should be good enough to handle biome 3. You don't even have to fight Phrike again either to be leveled up enough.

you don’t have to re-fight phrike, or any of the other bosses. but if you want level two power-ups on your weapons, you’ve gotta grind the biomes. and the challenge rooms.

at least I did. :yeshrug:

I have permanent level 2 upgrades on portal beam I and portal beam II, for example. you’re basically playing the game on easy mode any time you find a hollowseeker with one of those upgrades (and on the rare chance you get both… shyt, I’ve cleared all 3 second stage biomes and bosses on one run). the catch is level 2 upgrades in particular take a LONG time to activate. felt like I had to clear two biomes with the same gun to level portal beam up from 1 to 2.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I see how to get thru from 1 to 3, but some of the enemies in three are working me. I play thru most of 1 then go to 3. Last night was the furthest I got on 3.

I did the reconstructor on 1 before I went to 3 but when I got clapped on 3 it sent me back to the beginning??? No reconstruction. What happened?

it’s painful, but I would recommend going through all three biomes in order. the drones in the second biome and the waves of orbs they fire are good practice for the more aggressive drones in biome 3. you’ll die a lot more, but playing that way is how I got really good. same for the more aggressive ground enemies in biome 2.

honestly, I don’t even use reconstructors. they’re a huge waste of ether. better to spend that ether on chests and currency converters so you can buy suit upgrades. integrity upgrades are way more valuable (even though you lose them when you die), and the upgrade that replenishes integrity when you hit low health is especially clutch.

my philosophy is to max my stats out, and if I die, I die. the game usually makes ether more plentiful your next run through if you spend a ton of it and die.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
it’s painful, but I would recommend going through all three biomes in order. the drones in the second biome and the waves of orbs they fire are good practice for the more aggressive drones in biome 3. you’ll die a lot more, but playing that way is how I got really good. same for the more aggressive ground enemies in biome 2.

honestly, I don’t even use reconstructors. they’re a huge waste of ether. better to spend that ether on chests and currency converters so you can buy suit upgrades. integrity upgrades are way more valuable (even though you lose them when you die), and the upgrade that replenishes integrity when you hit low health is especially clutch.

my philosophy is to max my stats out, and if I die, I die. the game usually makes ether more plentiful your next run through if you spend a ton of it and die.

Got to Nemesis today after going back thru all of Biome 1 minus Phrike. Didn't even know where to shoot Nemesis. :to:

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Got to Nemesis today after going back thru all of Biome 1 minus Phrike. Didn't even know where to shoot Nemesis. :to:
Shoot at the red spot in the middle, ignore his goons on the sides, just dodge their attacks . Theres a rhythm to his first two forms, his last form just stay focused and find a good spot to shoot from and be prepared to move when need be. If u got to him u can beat him

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Shoot at the red spot in the middle, ignore his goons on the sides. Theres a rhythm to his first two forms, his last form just stay focused and find a good spot to shoot from and be prepared to move when need be. If u got to him u can beat him

next run tuesday or tomorrow then. :salute:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
yeah, the desert joint is the 2nd Biome right? Cakewalked through that shyt and beat Ixion from the jump. Spent substantially more time on the 1st biome. I know, hilarious right? But again, I took a health pack into the fight with Ixion.
That second biome was extremely easy but the third kicked my ass. Haven't been back because I have the need to run through both biomes again and they seem harder the second time around.