Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This game has that weird thing that happens when by the time you get to the next biome the last biome seems so overly simple and easy lol

I remember struggggglling to get back to phrike now its so easy for me clear biome 1 before hopping to 3, and even if I do 2 i just run through that shyt like its nothing.

The oddest thing for me that i saw, is other players encountered those weird turtle enemies in biome 2 and i still haven’t. I must have ran through it at least 5 times

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, it's one of your permanent upgrades as well. So you won't ever lose it once you get it. You'll be finding it soon enough.

I didn’t find out until I was done that the upgrade was what got through those barriers :skip: I assumed I missed it since I came across the upgrade in B5 completely by accident

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I need to stop messing around and try to get through biome 2 tho

ya I’m still “high” off of killing phrikey...I’ve made half ass attempts at biome 2...the furthest I got was when I ran straight thru the desert into the temple or w/e that place is...I’m taking my time navigating thru the desert now to build myself up...the enemies in the desert are not that difficult actually...but I still have yet to make a serious attempt at making it to the boss

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This game has that weird thing that happens when by the time you get to the next biome the last biome seems so overly simple and easy lol

I remember struggggglling to get back to phrike now its so easy for me clear biome 1 before hopping to 3, and even if I do 2 i just run through that shyt like its nothing.

The oddest thing for me that i saw, is other players encountered those weird turtle enemies in biome 2 and i still haven’t. I must have ran through it at least 5 times

ya biome 1 is super easy now...I barely get touched...I’ve seen the giant turtle thing once in biome 2 (assuming we’re talking about the same creature)...it was behind one of the blue triangle “doors” in the desert when you first start on the right side...I went in and fell thru the floor and was face to face with that thing the first time I made it to biome 2

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

They (turtles/the game/gaming universe at large) don't deem you tuff enough yet.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I take it that with how Nemesis last quarter of energy quickly depleted that you had that one artifact, Woundseeker, that deals increased damaged with enemy life is low eh? Either that or/and you had increased damage buffs aplenty as well. I see you got the high caliber carbine, so I'm sure that helps, specially if you got Critical Hits upgrade on there as well. Good work.
I went in with 3 heals, the astronaut, the heal at low integrity, and extra damage. My integrity was at like 207% :russ:
RNG was def on my side that run because leading up to the fight I finally unlocked the trophy for hitting 200% integrity

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Does this game have the best 3rd person shooting/movement mechanics, ever?

Can’t think of another game that feels as mechanically tight, and precise as this game. The running, dodging, air dashing, grappling hook, melee, different firing rates, adrenaline meter...etc..

It’s gonna be hard to top this

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Oh, so a couple of tricks that the game doesn't tell you for those that have the grappling hook. So when you hook to a point, you can release from the hook by press triangle again. You can use this if you don't necessarily want to go to the ledge you're hooking to or if you change your mind about it mid trip. Also, if you time the release just right upon reaching the ledge, you can skip your recovery frames of ascending the ledge entirely. Demonstration of what I'm talking about right here:

You can pretty much cancel it with your other moves as well, such as with your sword slash, demonstrated here:
You can do it with your dash as well, which is the easiest to do IMO and probably the most practical in most scenarios since you're essentially safeguarding your hookshot even further by adding more i-frames at the end of its animation by seamlessly going into the dash (I didn't do it in this vid, as I wasn't aware of it then). Reason why you might want to just use the release option over the dash at times tho is if you hookshot to a short ledge and don't want to risk falling, but in most cases you'll probably want to dash thru it.

Another tidbit, which you notice more if you're playing with headphones. So those gates with items held behind them, the triggers to shoot down are usually hidden pretty close to them, but out of sight, but you can hear them based on how close you are. This is where headsets and 3d audio come to play, as it makes their slight buzzing chime more audible and will be heard in proximity relation to where they are hidden at.

Last edited:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does this game have the best 3rd person shooting/movement mechanics, ever?

Can’t think of another game that feels as mechanically tight, and precise as this game. The running, dodging, air dashing, grappling hook, melee, different firing rates, adrenaline meter...etc..

It’s gonna be hard to top this

Not the most comparable, but once I get TLOU2 in 60 I won’t need another TPS for a cool minute, especially with Factions