Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
So I finally saw the biome 3 boss in person, not what I was expecting :mjgrin:

I can beat that I just got get back there with full health which will be a challenge but I'm about to just run through this bytch.

I hate this biome :unimpressed:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Honestly was still probably the hardest boss in the game for me. After this fight, I beat the last two bosses in one go. Almost feel like it was intentional by the devs :patrice:

But yeah like I said, Rotgland Lobber makes light work of this boss (and the other ones tbh). Bonus points if you can get the reload timing down (which I did later). You can finish it it even quicker

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Honestly was still probably the hardest boss in the game for me. After this fight, I beat the last two bosses in one go. Almost feel like it was intentional by the devs :patrice:

I feel like a lot of people say this, it might be one of those things where the momentum will carry you through to the end but if you fukk up in biome 4 you might be in some trouble

What gun are you using btw?

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I feel like a lot of people say this, it might be one of those things where the momentum will carry you through to the end but if you fukk up in biome 4 you might be in some trouble

What gun are you using btw?
There were definitely a couple of times that I was in the red and was about to die. Idk how i made it out of those situations. The last boss battle had a resin pop up outta nowhere DURING the fight FFS. Where was that at the last 40 hours when I needed it :dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There were definitely a couple of times that I was in the red and was about to die. Idk how i made it out of those situations. The last boss battle had a resin pop up outta nowhere DURING the fight FFS. Where was that at the last 40 hours when I needed it :dead:

There’s def some next level RNG in this game

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

But yeah like I said, Rotgland Lobber makes light work of this boss (and the other ones tbh). Bonus points if you can get the reload timing down (which I did later). You can finish it it even quicker

Yeah, I did the same as far as the next bosses went and only died once in Biome 4 and that was already after beating the boss and going to the containment room of a new run. I had quit the game after reaching biome 5, so started the containment room fresh and got slaughtered.

I still found adequate challenge from 4-6, it's just that your weapons and subsequent upgrades (especially the upgrade perks:gladbron::blessed::picard::mjgrin:), overall knowledge of enemies and all the game systems by this point does make it much easier. I was beasting, but still fighting for my life out there, just that tying everything together to your best abilities makes lightwork out of most enemies if you know what you're doing. I heard some folks had difficulty with biome 5 and at my playthrough anyway, I had no such thing. Granted, that was just a 1 clean swoop of that level. I've never skipped there from scratch, nor had multiple level loadouts, which is another reason I'm replaying through the game again.

My fav. gun now is the Dreadbound with the Doombringer Alt. And the more upgrades to it, the better. While you lose some Overload perks, you got limitless ammo up close and no overload banes. It's hits are pretty strong and stagger good too.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Just copped (disc).
About to install…play a bit later tonight.

To be honest I don’t envision myself putting much hours into this. Will trade in for R&C next month.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
you don’t/can’t...can’t even put it in rest mode anymore either I believe...just gotta pause the game and come back to it...following the thread discussion, it seems like they are legit working on implementing “saves” in the game tho
So I’m just supposed to play in one sitting???
I mean this is fun thus far, but come on…
:mjtf:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
you don’t/can’t...can’t even put it in rest mode anymore either I believe...just gotta pause the game and come back to it...following the thread discussion, it seems like they are legit working on implementing “saves” in the game tho

you can put it in rest mode

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You can still put it in rest mode. You'd just be advised to turn off auto-update for the game if you doing that often.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just got up to nemesis again with 200% integrity, got a stupid malfunction that gave me -20% integrity and then lost my astronaut in the room right before. Ended up dying, after even getting him down to the 3rd phase without being hit more than twice. Put a bunch of ether into respawn before that and then realized i had no health or items so I went into a lifted gate room and fought one of those monster mech guys that just whooped my ass.

If i had a health pack and my astronaut before nemesis i would have beat him. Very fukking unfortunate. :noah:

I might have to sit at the casual table from now on

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just got up to nemesis again with 200% integrity, got a stupid malfunction that gave me -20% integrity and then lost my astronaut in the room right before. Ended up dying, after even getting him down to the 3rd phase without being hit more than twice. Put a bunch of ether into respawn before that and then realized i had no health or items so I went into a lifted gate room and fought one of those monster mech guys that just whooped my ass.

If i had a health pack and my astronaut before nemesis i would have beat him. Very fukking unfortunate. :noah:

I might have to sit at the casual table from now on
:picard: What weapon you using