Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Keep playing the game.

Beat the second Boss :cape:

Cool. I've played him once so far with a half a bar of health and got dealt with. Trying to get back to him with some powerups. I teleported back through that gate to him a couple times, but would go back to load up first and get killed by other enemies in the process :snoop:

Torenko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Central
I got the 2nd ending and..
I'm as confused as I was when I got that first ending; it didn't explain much of anything.

IGN did some bs "ending explained" writeup saying this is all about alternate realities, but they completely ignored shyt like the ship logs and stuff in the house that clearly imply otherwise.

Sometime into the first act, I started guessing that this whole thing is in her head (after reading some of the sci-fi books in the house and seeing where she mightve gotten inspiration for this world she created, plus that letter denying her entry into the space program sealed it for me) and the real Selene is in some mental hospital, following the loss of her child, Helios, in the car crash. The world is just a form of punishment she created for herself.

But what I'm missing is her mom's (Theia) role in all this. I hate being left with an incomplete and most likely wrong understanding of wtf is going on :mjcry:

Surprise GOTY so far though. For a high budget roguelike, they hit it out the park :salute:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Just gonna add something light in here.

Returnal is an excellent game. Some bugs aside, Housemarque did an fantastic job making this game with such a small team.

Its hard to explain but this game doesn't feel like it was made by board room executives who just jump on trends.

It actually feels like the team went out and tried to make a dope game and they succeeded.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Returnal is an excellent game. Some bugs aside, Housemarque did an fantastic job making this game with such a small team.

Its hard to explain but this game doesn't feel like it was made by board room executives who just jump on trends.

It actually feels like the team went out and tried to make a dope game and they succeeded.

Thats kind of why i fukk with them not breaking down and putting in the save & quit...it’s kind of like, naw play the game how we want or kick rocks, we ain’t Ubisoft

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees

Completely agree it feels original. They clearly had the hardware it was running on in mind and I've only noticed dips with boss 3 where there is a lot going on at once. Haven't beaten it yet so I can't judge it storywise. Some of these later audio logs let on that Selene is snapping

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just had my first crash with a nice setup in B5 :francis: that’s my first one and I think I’m cool on this shyt until they figure out the save situation now. I had everything set up so nice :mjcry:

I noticed my sound has been fukkin up big time and vibration goes away when there’s too much going on on the screen now

Lyin like shyt :mjlol: B5 was anticlimactic af, I didn't even know I made it to 6. I thought B5 was just never ending

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The more you play you realize this game actually don't need save options/feature. It helps you better strategies and improving, learning tricks etc.

I'm here and there with it overall. Like, it would be convenient for the simple fact that I do like playing multiple games simultaneously and it'd be good to be able to just drop out of the game to another and return later to my same loadout, for sure. But otherwise, it's also not as overbearing starting over as people make it out to be.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm here and there with it overall. Like, it would be convenient for the simple fact that I do like playing multiple games simultaneously and it'd be good to be able to just drop out of the game to another and return later to my same loadout, for sure. But otherwise, it's also not as overbearing starting over as people make it out to be.

I don’t even like putting my game into rest during a run because i feel like it throws me off. If i dont have time set aside to do a full run i just won’t even start. This game is about getting a rhythm down, once you lose it, you might as well start over.