Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just got my ass kicked for the 2nd time on the 3rd boss (used a reconstructor) I felt like my gun was just doing no damage at all, I knew i should have stuck with the carbine or hollowseeker. shyt

Come laugh at how trash i am....

Spoilers on 3rd boss:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
oh please...this is just fukking retarded! :mindblown:

...and you gotta kill this insane looking shyt 3 fukking times! :pacspit:

The biome is fukking hell to get through also, way harder than two. They got dudes in mech gear and drones that do insane damage. Level is all around hell :noah:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Just got my ass kicked for the 2nd time on the 3rd boss (used a reconstructor) I felt like my gun was just doing no damage at all, I knew i should have stuck with the carbine or hollowseeker. shyt

Spoilers on 3rd boss:

lol no wonder ya'll having so much trouble with this, you missed like every overload and just ignored dodging half the telegraphed shyt that was happening :mjlol:

last couple biomes gone ruin you :mjcry:

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps

Spoilers on 3rd boss:

A lot of stuff you don't need to dash to dodge. Don't be afraid to walk forward or backward. Try staying on the same side as the guys that fire the yellow lasers so you can see them better. And those overloads are crucial. Don't rush and you'll be fine.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A lot of stuff you don't need to dash to dodge. Don't be afraid to walk forward or backward. Try staying on the same side as the guys that fire the yellow lasers so you can see them better. And those overloads are crucial. Don't rush and you'll be fine.

Yeah that launcher gun is hard to time for me, next time I’m going in with the carbine.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Teleporting dudes with the scythes consistently messing up my run, anyone have a decent strat to deal with them?

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Spoilers on 3rd boss:

Find a carbine if possible, turned this battle round for me

You’re dancing/dashing around dead centre of the stage, once the battle starts go far left (or right) and just run L -> R -> L , the majority of the boss’ attacks will mis you.

As manic as it might seem you rarely need to dash in this battle (only really when his helpers attack) . simple as it might sound, you just want to be running far left to right with occasional dashes (for both phase 1&2)

Stand further back on the platform so you have a full view, you’re way too close. You should be able to see the helpers & the boss at all times, no blind spots. The helpers glow before coming down/attacking so keep a lazy eye on them , dash into/towards their attacks

Last edited:

JBone4eva

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Teleporting dudes with the scythes consistently messing up my run, anyone have a decent strat to deal with them?

Keep as much distance as you can and light him up. when you see him tele immediately dash as much as you can left or right, then move backward while shooting him to gain as much distance as you can (or outright run/ grapple away). Rinse, repeat. be sure to hit him with the alt fire. if you hit him up right you should only have him tele at you like 1 or 2 times.

My question for yall brehs is how do you all deal with the flying rockets? and what guns do you feel works best on them? I struggle evading the rockets, so I try to utilize cover with some success, but when theres like 5+ of them its a wrap. :sadcam:

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
@Gizmo_Duck

edit: I peeped you prof level is at 10 with 130%. How I did it was to farm level 1 fully (sword most things so you definitely get the currency) including the containment room, then buy the health upgrade (& Astro if possible). Then go to level 2 and run/farm through the desert area, use the shortcut to L3. Get up to the bridge but go away from the boss area, there’ll be another shop inside not too far where you can get the 25% upgrade again (& hopefully the Astro if you missed it first time, and large HealthKit)

Depending on your skill that should take ~ 30mins but you’ll be going into the L3 boss with 3-6 useful artifacts/parasites, 200% health , at least one large health kit and a L11/12 gun. Carbine ideally, hollow as 2nd choice but it does less damage

Last edited:

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
My goal is to at least see the biome 2 boss tonight. I got 4 hours to dedicate to the game this evening

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Keep as much distance as you can and light him up. when you see him tele immediately dash as much as you can left or right, then move backward while shooting him to gain as much distance as you can (or outright run/ grapple away). Rinse, repeat. be sure to hit him with the alt fire. if you hit him up right you should only have him tele at you like 1 or 2 times.

My question for yall brehs is how do you all deal with the flying rockets? and what guns do you feel works best on them? I struggle evading the rockets, so I try to utilize cover with some success, but when theres like 5+ of them its a wrap. :sadcam:
Appreciate the tip.

Re Rockets, few things , grapple when you can, you take no damage even grappling in the game, abuse it when possible.

Break their line of sight with cover and pick them off, finally, shooting them breaks their attack so rather for eg, if you have 4 coming towards you with no cover, give them a few shots each to kinda stun lock them esp any that glows. If they get to close, use your sword.

Keep one eye on your minimap, if you see one you can expect a few others to turn up