Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
My goal is to at least see the biome 2 boss tonight. I got 4 hours to dedicate to the game this evening
So I did meet my personal goal tonight of getting to Ixion in biome 2. His second form is just too much for me right now tho:mjcry:

It is however very easy to get to him once u unlock that shortcut :ehh:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
...and then there was one :mjcry:

I almost took him down with the base pistol I start off with on my last run

they literally had the entry to his lair in the room next to the ship so I said fukk it and headed straight for him...having the pistol made me focus on defense more than offense so I know his moves by heart now...taking a break but I’m get him tho

:mjcry: Nah I’m right there with you

hopefully I have enough time this weekend to really try and get past him

@situationlines i got the astronaut when I went to the house the first time, but I never got another one again, how do you get it during your next runs?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@situationlines i got the astronaut when I went to the house the first time, but I never got another one again, how do you get it during your next runs?

that “vending machine” shyt where you can buy consumables...it pops up every so often...I’ve had it pop up twice in about 30+ runs

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
that “vending machine” shyt where you can buy consumables...it pops up every so often...I’ve had it pop up twice in about 30+ runs

Damn, only twice? I have it pop up there like every other run. I've also had it show up in a random container, so I didn't even have to buy it.

And once again, what's got you stuck on Phrike? Nerves or lack of preparation? What are your struggles with him?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't use the preorder suits :damn:

I got trapped two times in a row where the doors wouldn't open.

:snoop:I was wondering wtf was going on...

They updated it. Are you sure you didn't use malignant? cause the malfunctions are negative effects that may activate when you use or pick up malignant. You have to read carefully cause one of them not gonna allow you to open door and can't use construction

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They updated it. Are you sure you didn't use malignant? cause the malfunctions are negative effects that may activate when you use or pick up malignant. You have to read carefully cause one of them not gonna allow you to open door and can't use construction

Really?! Are you sure? I know one of the malfunctions harms you when using the keys to open doors/containers, but I've never come across one that outright says you can't open doors.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really?! Are you sure? I know one of the malfunctions harms you when using the keys to open doors/containers, but I've never come across one that outright says you can't open doors.

Yeah, I played all day yesterday with the pre-orde suits with no problems. When you go near by the malfunctions and read before you pick it up and it appears da information to let you know you can't use open doors/containers unless you have to kill 20 aliens or collect items, etc.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn, only twice? I have it pop up there like every other run. I've also had it show up in a random container, so I didn't even have to buy it.

And once again, what's got you stuck on Phrike? Nerves or lack of preparation? What are your struggles with him?

nothing...the game just clearly hates me if y’all are getting extra lives every other run and I’ve gotten it only twice after getting it inside the house lmao

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I dont think so, I personally don't take chances on malignant items :hubie:

First time it happened I had just got my health/proficiency/and a decent gun and was ready to head to the desert world and I got locked in a room.

I took the L and just restarted the game, I then couldn't leave the area where the ship is, the first damn door wouldn't open.:snoop:

I then remembered somebody mentioning the suits and as soon as i went back to the default one the game was fine.

I have the latest update installed but last night was the first time that happened