Restaurant Steak 48 charging a $100 minimum per head

Daps
That's not even a high class joint.

Real fancy restaurants don't even include prices on most of the menu. "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" - :mjpls:

Plus, the fancy spots tend to have excellent wait-staff and can make people spend more money just be selling customers on how good the food is and making recommendations. This seems like one of those wannabe upscale joints that just wants to discourage certain kinds of :wtb::pachaha::stopitslime: from showing up.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
My favorite steakhouse is called Flemings in MI. Bound to see Pistons and Lions players any day of the week. Between a steak, a little appetizer, and a drink I’m probably at $80ish before tip. Cracking $100 solo would be a task for me. You tried tho
A lot of athletes are uncouth as hell. They’re not exactly the barometer for class and fine dining choices.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
A lot of athletes are uncouth as hell. They’re not exactly the barometer for class and fine dining choices.
:what:

Your CFO at some Forbes 500 company is wearing sketchers and pleaded pants. The average young athlete who has never seen money before can’t wait to trick it off on overpriced services. What world are you living in

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Ahh, the monthly coli elitist "stay your broke ass at home, you're embarrassing us" restaurant thread :mjpls:
This nikka posting is broke though. Relatively speaking so why this clown projecting sooooo fukking hard? Nobody told this broke boy to stay home but when you know you're money ain't right you feel real insecure about common sense shyt like if this is too much and or you don't want to do it don't. Dudes stay exposing themselves even under the cover of anonymity smfh.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It seems like its happening at all locations though
Didn't know because I guess some faux black earlier on my friends facebook timeline made it seem like,it was only at the Philly location and it was because of race. If it is the same at all of,them I definitely don't see the problem.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
:what:

Your CFO at some Forbes 500 company is wearing sketchers and pleaded pants. The average young athlete who has never seen money before can’t wait to trick it off on overpriced services. What world are you living in
1. The fact that you’re implying that CFOs from Fortune 500 companies don’t spend lavishly tells me you’re not really sure what you’re talking about.

2. What does them paying for overpriced shyt have to do with their tastes? Just because you have the ability to buy a bunch of stuff doesn’t mean you have natural eclectic taste. You’re more likely to find an athlete at a chain “high end” restaurant like flemings or Ruth Chris as opposed to some off bring niche spot.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
1. The fact that you’re implying that CFOs from Fortune 500 companies don’t spend lavishly tells me you’re not really sure what you’re talking about.

2. What does them paying for overpriced shyt have to do with their tastes? Just because you have the ability to buy a bunch of stuff doesn’t mean you have natural eclectic taste. You’re more likely to find an athlete at a chain “high end” restaurant like flemings or Ruth Chris as opposed to some off bring niche spot.
You started GM by saying athletes are not the barometer. Besides rap tell me another profession that is more associated with stunting or flexing. And overpaying for services is a flex don’t be confused.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Yes, riff raff come in all colors and sizes. Don’t know what you’re implying.
Some of these dudes low key inferior. How do these dudes assume riff raff literally only means black people? That's their inferior mind at work smfh.

Edit: Didn't see dude was playing around but cats say shyt like this and mean it so I wasn't sure. My bad.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
My favorite steakhouse is called Flemings in MI. Bound to see Pistons and Lions players any day of the week. Between a steak, a little appetizer, and a drink I’m probably at $80ish before tip. Cracking $100 solo would be a task for me. You tried tho
They have Fleming’s everywhere. It’s a chain. It is nicer than Texas Roadhouse though :manny: when I go out to eat my plate has more than a steak on it

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Right, $100 on food and beverage per person before tax and tip. I’m saying that type of money can be easily spent in a upscale restaurant like that if you are buying an entree, an appetizer, and a couple of drinks. I think they are trying to sell more entrees and alcohol really.

I've never been but I do plan on going at some point but my cousin goes there a lot and he was telling me that people go in there and get an appetizer and a lemon drop and then leave. I guess they're tired of that shyt. :mjlol:

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I've never been but I do plan on going at some point but my cousin goes there a lot and he was telling me that people go in there and get an appetizer and a lemon drop and then leave. I guess they're tired of that shyt. :mjlol:
That’s what they are trying to prevent. “I only get to 85 dollars when I eat out” they ain’t running you if you only buy 92 dollars in food sitting in the corner by yourself at the bar.. They are not wanting folks to hog tables at 20 dollars a head for 2 hours. It’s not rocket science

invalid

Banned
Daps
Their dress code :mjpls:

• Sweat suits or workout attire which includes: running/ gym shorts, sports bras, heavy weighted, hooded sweatshirts, or yoga/workout pants
    • Exception: Dri fit, “Polo style” shirts with a collar are allowed.
    • Exception: Non-athletic material shorts are allowed for men and women and must come down to mid-thigh or have at least a 5-inch leg.
    • Exception: Sweatshirts without a hood and that only contain one small logo are allowed
  • Sweatshirts or t-shirts with large images, screen printing or large logos, large writing or characters
  • Men’s tank tops or sleeveless shirts
  • Exposed undergarments
  • Bustier tops, corset tops, bandeaux tops, or tube tops unless each is worn under a waist-length jacket
  • Any clothing that is excessively revealing and shows a overly bare midriff or excessive cleavage
  • Any clothing with language or graphics that are vulgar or sexually explicit
  • Excessively frayed or torn clothing
  • Clothing emitting offensive odors such as excessive perfume, cologne, tobacco, and or marijuana odors
  • All hats for gentlemen guests
  • Ball cap style hats for women
  • Bandannas worn as headwear
  • Footwear is required but there are no restrictions on the type of footwear worn

This is why restaurants have dress codes.

60ae965dbe72f.image.jpg

'Horrible and sad': Easton grad's family says restaurant called cops over teen's attire
NOPD confirms responding to disturbance over 'female's attire'; restaurant denies calling cops over attire but apologizes

1 of 2

The outfit Sanai Butler wore to Lula Restaurant Distillery on Tuesday, May 25, 2021. (Photo provided by La Shawn Butler)

Lula on St. Charles Avenue is a restaurant with an onsite distillery. (Photo by Todd A. Price, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune)

The day marked a major milestone for Sanai Butler.

The 17-year-old had just graduated with honors from Warren Easton Charter School, and her mother told her she could choose any restaurant she wanted for a big celebration.

Sanai picked Lula Restaurant Distillery on St. Charles Avenue, and a group of 28 relatives and friends, all Black, gathered to honor her and hear some big news: she would be heading to Talladega College in Alabama.

But what was supposed to be a joy-filled meal ended with the restaurant calling the police because a woman — identifying herself as the owner’s wife — didn’t like the bikini top that Sanai was wearing, according to the family.

Officers ultimately didn’t arrest anyone. But Sanai’s mother, La Shawn Butler, said the restaurant’s decision to involve the New Orleans Police Department was excessive and hurtful. "I feel it was racially motivated," she said.

The group had not been told of a dress code, and there didn’t seem to be one posted in the restaurant, Butler said.

She also said the woman, who was White, approached Sanai in a bathroom, but should have approached adults at the table. Sanai and her mother, after viewing pictures online Wednesday, said the woman was Erin Bourgeois, wife of owner Jess Bourgeois. Lula's declined to comment on the Butlers' identification.

“This is a child at the end of the day — if you had something to say about her outfit, you could’ve approached me as her mother,” Butler said.A

A year ago, a Minneapolis store clerk called police on George Floyd because he suspected Floyd had given him a counterfeit $20 bill, setting the stage for what would become Floyd’s tragic killing at the hands of an officer who has since been convicted of murder. That is what made the event so scary, said Butler.
“That could’ve gone so many different ways,” she said.

While the NOPD confirmed that it went to Lula’s Tuesday to respond to “a disturbance about a female’s attire,” the restaurant issued a statement saying the call was made during “a verbal altercation” to ensure the safety of all patrons.

“The police were called after three disruptive, adult patrons engaged with another table of patrons, and one of the female owners of Lula,” the statement said.

The restaurant apologized to the diners who were present, including “any person who feels that Lula discriminated against them based on their attire or race.”

“We are working with our team, including management and ownership, to determine what should have been done differently and to ensure an enjoyable restaurant and dining environment for everyone,” the statement said.
La Shawn Butler on Wednesday provided a detailed account of the encounter, which she said occurred two hours after the group had arrived for their reservation.

When Sanai entered the restaurant, no one on the staff said anything about her outfit: a bikini top, matching leggings, a customized graduation stole and a mortarboard, Butler recounted. Her daughter put a jacket on inside at one point because she was cold, but she took it off for pictures and had not put it back on when she went to the restroom with her cousins.

According to Butler, it was in the restroom that a woman who said she was the wife of the owner told Sanai that she needed to put on another shirt because the top she was wearing was “very inappropriate.”

Sanai was “visibly upset” when she returned to the table and told her mother what happened, Butler said. The group was incensed.

At one point, Butler said, the woman came up to the party and argued that she could say whatever she wanted because she was in her own restaurant. She eventually went off to the side, and two NOPD patrol cruisers pulled up. They left without taking action.
Butler said she felt the restaurant would’ve handled the matter differently if her group — which spent $2,000 — wasn’t entirely made up of Black people.

A newly hired Lula employee who asked to remain anonymous said she was so disgusted she quit Wednesday. She vouched for the Butlers' version of events, saying it seemed the cops were annoyed at the reason they'd been called out to the restaurant.

"It didn't have to get to that point," the employee said.

Sanai declined to be interviewed Wednesday but issued a statement saying her dinner at Lula was “a horrible and sad experience.”

Her momma talking about she's just a "child". Imagine going to an upscale restaurant with "children" dressed like they just walked off the Tip Drill video set. :hhh:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
100.00 aint shyt tho..

food and good drinks is a 100.00 easily in most places
$100 per person is high end shyt.

I've gone out to some nice uppity places before and bought up hella shyt (appetizers, 2 drinks, dinner, dessert and a damn pizza to-go) and it wasn't $200. FOH