Restaurant Steak 48 charging a $100 minimum per head

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
No legit steak house is serving you a chewy London Broil out the supermarket. The quality of the meat will justify a high price. If the food wasn't good they'd get called on it.

Not true. I know friends and coworkers from NY or Cali and they come to Dallas and they go to any bbq place and they swear it's "amazing". They just rave and rave, meanwhile I'm sitting there like, this meat is way too salty, sausage is hard etc. :scust:

Most ppl don't know good food bc this era lacks ppl who grew up with proper cooking. So if everybody else says it's good they do too

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
This was my favorite spot before they closed in Chicago but I go to their location in Dallas.

Menu

Dry age ribeye is around $135. Bone in strip dry age is $90. It doesn’t have to be WAGYU or a fukking 40oz cut to be dry aged.

GTFO because you don’t know steaks :camby:
40 oz steaks are usually well over $100

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Its a corny policy.

I usually get an entree and a drink. Now you're mandating I have to spend $100 before taxes per person.

I can afford $100 meal. Its the simple fact your making spend $100 per meal. No thank you.

:hubie:
That's what I'm saying. When I go to these places, I'm spending over $100 for me and my shorty anyway, but I have to guarantee that I spend $200 minimum when we go out? Not including tax and tip? :dwillhuh:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
@dora_da_destroyer let's go half on a whopper...this week is payday :mjgrin:
got you on my afterpay :myman:
Its a corny policy.

I usually get an entree and a drink. Now you're mandating I have to spend $100 before taxes per person.

I can afford $100 meal. Its the simple fact your making spend $100 per meal. No thank you.

:hubie:
i just posted a breakdown of dining there above. If you want a full meal - protein, veggie, carb - you’re dropping ~$75-90 on average off top. A drink? There’s your other 15-20. If you want to dine there, you’re likely spending $100/person anyway

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Yeah but they want $100 per person plus food and tip?!!?:wtf: that's way too much just to eat at a fukking resturant!!! They outta their fukking minds...especially when other places are open and they not doing this bullshyt...:camby:
I feel you, and everything you saying.

But...

That’s not gonna stop wife from being like it’s our anniversary let’s go to Steak 48. :merchant: (While still in shock) I just called my girl and we gonna double date. :why: Then spends the whole day telling everybody we going out to Steak 48 before I can process a hell naw.

Sub out Steak 48 with Ruth Chris and you understand my pain. We spent $180 last time we were there and she talking bout going again this weekend cause her family is going to be in town. I’m going to have to start slanging to go out to eat.

They will actually make more money by doing this

Last edited:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
What’s the point of being upset? That’s what they want to do.. I don’t have to go there if I don’t want to lol. I know nothing about this place at all so I won’t say more than this.

Oh we have one here?? Let me hide this story from the wife :russ:

Last edited:

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Yup. $40 dinner and a couple glasses you at $70 or so. I'd pay $100 depending on the experience
I really don’t believe that they are going to make a deal out of it if your order comes up short of a $100 per person. It’s one of those things where people who complain would have never ate there anyway.

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Not true. I know friends and coworkers from NY or Cali and they come to Dallas and they go to any bbq place and they swear it's "amazing". They just rave and rave, meanwhile I'm sitting there like, this meat is way too salty, sausage is hard etc. :scust:

Most ppl don't know good food bc this era lacks ppl who grew up with proper cooking. So if everybody else says it's good they do too
I don't think you understand how these people are. If the food isn't exactly how they expect it they'll definitely say something. Rightfully so tho bc they're paying top dollar and know the difference between a chilli's steak and a Houston's steak.

Plus fine dining restaurants aren't gonna take that chance. If a big time celeb or a undercover food critic has a steak any less than perfect they might as well close their doors. The percentage of people that eat regularly at these places isn't big and they do talk to each other