Restaurant Steak 48 charging a $100 minimum per head

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
From the restaurant point of view this makes sense if the cliental aren’t spending enough money to break even.

Dinner time on the weekends is primetime for restaurants. You have a 4-5 hour window each weekend night to make a bulk of your weekly revenue.

You can’t have clients taking 2 hrs for dinner only to spend $30 total. Might as well order at the bar and leave that limited table space for clients who’ll actually spend well.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I’m not seeing the reason for outrage, besides the dress policy, and even that is standard with places like Ruth Chriss and house of prime rib

It’s a damn steakhouse. A fillet mignon or decently sized steak will cover about half of that min for someone. Throw in a few drinks and/or an app and you’re there.

If you have an issue with their policy, don’t eat there :yeshrug:

ain’t nobody forcing you to eat there :yeshrug:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s not even expensive or out of the ordinary for a upscale restaurant. I spend over $100 alone on a dry aged steak. Not even including bottle of wine/appetizer/drinks.

No, you're not, unless you getting Waygu or some 40 plus Oz steak. Or you getting some lobster or tail with it.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Is the food good??
I'll blow 300 easy drinking and eating.
UKVu0t8.gif

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Tired of broke bums fronting for IG sitting & checking in at these expensive restaurants, ordering appetizers and not leaving tips all the while stealing tables from people who can actually afford it.
This exactly

I wonder what location it is bc the only time places have dress codes like this is when people constantly fukking up. Places don't just open with all of these rules from jump. People are usually habitual offenders

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
No, you're not, unless you getting Waygu or some 40 plus Oz steak. Or you getting some lobster or tail with it.
This was my favorite spot before they closed in Chicago but I go to their location in Dallas.

Menu

Dry age ribeye is around $135. Bone in strip dry age is $90. It doesn’t have to be WAGYU or a fukking 40oz cut to be dry aged.

GTFO because you don’t know steaks :camby:

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
At Ruth Chris it's $60 for a 8 oz fillet and no sides. This is an 8oz steak
8oz-filet-mignon.jpg

Tiny. Most fine dining places don't offer entrees that come with sides. Sides are usually sperate. You and your girl already are over $100 just for both of you to get the smallest steak they offer
Went to Ruth’s Chris and got their Lobster Mac & Cheese. That was like $30.
Exactly