Restaurant owner who saved his business... by keeping black diners away

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. shyt makes absolutely no sense. Dude might as well went all the racist and say he had to take down the basketball hoop, stop serving malt liquor, and had to start declining EBT cards as payment :comeon:

The " we took fried chicken off the menu" line was enough for me.

I love when they be like :whoa:"I'm a liberal I'm not racist"

Osman

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You made me racist. D1ck.
Not like it matters to any of you, but I am not a racist. I grew up in a diverse hometown with wonderfully openminded, hippie parents who are in an interracial marriage themselves. I'm a minority myself. I can truly say that aside from acknowledging a few hilarious racial stereotypes, I judge people based on their character, and treat and view everyone of different races and cultures equally--it feels weird stating that because it's such a given.

That said, I am a waitress and I have been for a long time. I love my job, and I get to have all kinds of amazing interactions and experiences with people from all over the world, even if just for an hour. But sometimes, people are huge a$$holes and I hate them. And after working in the industry for so long, you learn to immediately know a good table from a bad table, just by looking at them. Sometimes people surprise you. But most of the time, they dont.

"Black people don't tip." I'm sorry, but everyone who's worked in a service industry has heard that. Of course, that's not across the board. And it's not just all black people, it's a certain breed of black people. It's the kind of fukking black people that come in without smiling, in their oversized clothes (men) and undersized clothes (women), stomping to their tables, who interrupt you in the middle of a sentence to bark if "ya'll got lemonade". The ones that treat me as if I am some kind of fukking burdensome gnat for encroaching on their special mealtime... I WORK here, a$$hole, this is my JOB. Believe me, I don't WANT to serve you, I HAVE to. YOU walked into MY place, remember? Yes, we have lemonade. No, we don't have wings. Why? Because it's a fukkING SUSHI RESTAURANT. Yes, yes, I see that upsets you. What the fukk do you want me to do? It's my fault we don't have wings. Guess I don't get a fukking tip. It's the kind of black people that suck their lemonades (why always lemonades?) down every 5 minutes, so I have to spend extra time away from my other tables, who WILL tip me, refilling those goddamn things without a thank you, without even fukking eye contact. The same people who need lemons, and sauce, and "ya'll got ketchup?", and more napkins, and a hot glass for my fork, which can never all be in one trip, and nope, now the food is not good enough, send it back and redo it. How hard is it to fukking smile at someone who is being nice to you?! Is "thank you" not a thing to you a$$holes? Grabbing at shyt I put down, yelling at me and snapping their fingers from across the restaurant when I'm clearly helping someone else and WAS JUST THERE A SECOND AGO, and all that so you can ask me how much it costs for a drink. The drink menu, labeled DRINK MENU, is right in front of you. 8 dollars?!?!?! Are you serious? Go away now, servant lady, except I won't say anything, just wave my fukking hand at you like I'm shooing bad odor.

And now I've discounted your food because it had to be remade and you had to eat it after everyone else got theirs, and hell, I'll even discount your ghetto ass boyfriends food because it looks like he's pretty unhappy for some reason, too. Now your bill is 3 dollars and some change. You hand me 4 dollars, again, with no eye contact, and then keep sitting there like you aren't even ashamed of what a cheap a$$hole you are. I fukkING HATE YOU. Do you realize that, in addition to having to tolerate your nasty attitude and your nonsensical, unnecessary requests for the past hour, now I have to actually take money out of my OWN pocket to pay for your fukking meal? Not a lot, sure, but it's even less than just getting zero dollars. Now, I've made negative dollars at work... and still, not even a thank you, a smile, or eye contact as a compromise.

I've always hated the word ******. I think it's a cruel, hateful word that has no place in the world. Except now, I understand what it means. You aren't a ****** because you're black. You're a ****** because you're a rude, ignorant, uneducated, classless member of a group of people, doing nothing but giving truth to and perpetuating the same ugly stereotypes you complain about. Not all black people are ******s, some of the people I love most are black people who are wonderful, kind people, and participate in society. But you, you are a ******. And so is your boyfriend. And your friends are likely to be as well, because self-respecting, nice people would never want to hang out with you. And your kids probably will be, and you, and them, will be the ones to blame for the long life of racism. You have created a racist out of someone who wasn't one before.

Seriously, why the fukk don't you tip? You think you deserve to fukk people over now because your grandfather got fukked over? Is there some kind of annual ****** meeting that teaches you how to behave out in public to make people despise you, and then dare them to say something so now you can accuse them of racism? I'm poor too, a$$hole, but if I don't have enough money to tip I go to the grocery store, or McDonald's, if I'm feeling particularly lazy. God, I fukking hate you and one day, I won't depend on my job so much that I have to suck it up and be nice to you, and I'll tell you how I really fukking feel about you. But until then, no, sorry, we don't have any ketchup.[/quote[

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
"This dumb bytch brought me the wrong drink. We want a different waitress that ain't a dumb bytch." His whole family roared with laughter at this, parents included!

My wife, who has been a bleeding-heart liberal her whole life, told me in private that the absolute worst part of her job was dealing with black diners.

:duck: That shyt doesn't even sound credible

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
I cant front....went to Denny's with some bytches a few years ago down in Tampa...and some high school niccas came in loud and as fukk

I just shook my head..it was almost like watching a mestrel show

Cosign.
I was walking into Bestbuy and a group of kids come out their cars cursing and saying nikka while being loud as they went in. I think they were around 16-18. It was uncomfortable, but hey, I can't tell people how to act.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So the guy was losing business and then decided to raise prices and basically drive business away from his failing restaurant? Makes no sense.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
because there are waaaayyyyy too many blacks that leave poor tips to outweigh the ones that do. it sucks for the one that do but thats how the restaurant business goes.

i worked as a server for many big restaurants and all the servers, even the black ones dont want to take the table of blacks. they just dont tip

Black folks are the only ones with sense not tipping just because its customary:childplease:....Servers shouldn't take offense its just hard to see exactly what you are doing that warrants you getting a 7$ or more tip on the low side at 15% ,not saying you don't,but if we don't see it or see how we are benefeiting from it then it didn't happen:mjpls:....they take our order,might explain something on the menu,ask if we need refills,ask how the food is,bring the check.

Maybe becuz people I'm wit typically don't ask for shyt but maybe some sauce and a refill I just don't see it:manny:...but get mad at the disrespectful bosses unwilling to pay a flate fair rate per hr.....not black people bcuz we don't wanna pay what the restaraunt won't pay you for a hr....I only seen you working for me for about 10 minutes tops:childplease:

At least give me a sob story about why you need the tips like strippers do:mjpls:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I get good service I tip well when I want to but these waiters think too highy of themselves. They are one step above the burger flipper at McDonalds. Lets be real. Waiting tables is not meant to be a career.. Its not a skilled profession. You take orders, refill drinks, and hold plates. Truthfully speaking, if I had the option I would walk to the kitchen and grab the plate from the chef myself.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tip based on the level of service, period. Good service, good tip. Trash service, trash tip or no tip at all.

Just last weekend my wife and I were at a bar for a drink. A female waitress got us our drinks and said the bartender would take over from there. He never paid us any attention the whole time we were there, while making sure everyone else was taken care of. I finally flagged him down to ask for the check and then he started acting nice. Gave him $0 for a tip and waited for him to pick up the slip and gave him the :comeon: when he looked at me crazy.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Black folks are the only ones with sense not tipping just because its customary:childplease:....Servers shouldn't take offense its just hard to see exactly what you are doing that warrants you getting a 7$ or more tip on the low side at 15% ,not saying you don't,but if we don't see it or see how we are benefeiting from it then it didn't happen:mjpls:....they take our order,might explain something on the menu,ask if we need refills,ask how the food is,bring the check.

Maybe becuz people I'm wit typically don't ask for shyt but maybe some sauce and a refill I just don't see it:manny:...but get mad at the disrespectful bosses unwilling to pay a flate fair rate per hr.....not black people bcuz we don't wanna pay what the restaraunt won't pay you for a hr....I only seen you working for me for about 10 minutes tops:childplease:

At least give me a sob story about why you need the tips like strippers do:mjpls:
one of the dumbest posts ive read since the coli started

not even going to respond to this

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only toms get shocked by w ppl..................u should know where they stand by now

but i wouldnt want no ghetto mkers in my joint either.............but this cac know damn well it was only ahand full and he decided to drive away even the good blk customers

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
btw this is why i dont go to w family restaurants or stores

only large chains and blk owned joints getting my bread

devizelle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MOCO awl day
My mom came back from touring Europe in June. She told me they charge for these things. Perhaps that's just in the tourist areas, idk...

In Brazil you usually don't tip and the service isn't really that different from the US. If there IS a tip it's automatic and only at the nice restaurants. Idk how much the waiters/waitresses get paid but... it seems to work. And I don't think prices are any higher but maybe that's just bc of the exchange rate.

and this is ultimately why I don't feel sorry for servers. there's a chance to make some SERIOUS bank. I've worked as a cook in a restaurant like Applebees/Chili's and them whining ass servers were eatin good. meanwhile I'm sweating in the back and not getting a cut of the action. nikkas in the back washing dishes with no tips either. granted our hourly pay was better but when it all washed out the servers were making way more money than us.

you wanna whine? talk to people who work retail during Christmas. shytty hours, shytty customers, and NO tips. :wow: if servers felt they were being soooo mistreated and it wasn't worth it nobody would be one. But its a job that requires no education, has flexible hours, and the potential for great money. I know people who made a career out of it.

with all that being said, I still tip accordingly. but i acknowledge its some BS and I wish waiters would get off their high horse of entitlement. We ALL deal with shytty customers in our jobs. stop taking your one horror story and making it a reflection of people (or black people) as a whole. shyts dumb. plus the accountability goes both ways. not all servers are patient benevolent beings and not all customers are cheap @ssholes.​

I GET SOOOO annoyed for this reason. I always tip bc I feel like I have to and I do so based on service (either 15% or 20%) but I get so sick of people crying about tips on here. I worked retail for about 2 years and... it was BAD. You don't get tips and they basically only pay you enough to get to and from work and maybe lunch. It's a joke.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
I GET SOOOO annoyed for this reason. I always tip bc I feel like I have to and I do so based on service (either 15% or 20%) but I get so sick of people crying about tips on here. I worked retail for about 2 years and... it was BAD. You don't get tips and they basically only pay you enough to get to and from work and maybe lunch. It's a joke.

I hated working retail, I did too much and got paid too little.