Restaurant owner who saved his business... by keeping black diners away

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cosign.
I was walking into Bestbuy and a group of kids come out their cars cursing and saying nikka while being loud as they went in. I think they were around 16-18. It was uncomfortable, but hey, I can't tell people how to act.

That's cool, and I been in that position but white kids act a told damn fool all the time and white folks don't ever feel embarrassed. We have this pressure of every other black person representing us and I'm tired of that shyt

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black folks are the only ones with sense not tipping just because its customary:childplease:....Servers shouldn't take offense its just hard to see exactly what you are doing that warrants you getting a 7$ or more tip on the low side at 15% ,not saying you don't,but if we don't see it or see how we are benefeiting from it then it didn't happen:mjpls:....they take our order,might explain something on the menu,ask if we need refills,ask how the food is,bring the check.

Maybe becuz people I'm wit typically don't ask for shyt but maybe some sauce and a refill I just don't see it:manny:...but get mad at the disrespectful bosses unwilling to pay a flate fair rate per hr.....not black people bcuz we don't wanna pay what the restaraunt won't pay you for a hr....I only seen you working for me for about 10 minutes tops:childplease:

At least give me a sob story about why you need the tips like strippers do:mjpls:

That's a slick. Hustle the restaurant biz has going on., charge top dollar for food and don't even have to pay your staff. If nighas is cheap wit the tips they like "fukk it I made my money"

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's a slick. Hustle the restaurant biz has going on., charge top dollar for food and don't even have to pay your staff. If nighas is cheap wit the tips they like "fukk it I made my money"

Exactly bruh,folks talkin bout "bu bu but the profit margin is so slim"...maybe in a small restauraunt...but all these restaraunts ain't got no damn slim profits,did you ask to see the books:mjpls:?cuz they pocket watching black folks awful close apparently:heh:turn some of these lights and tvs nobody ain't watchin off or something lol...and I'm not condoning not tipping because I realize these restaurants ain't shyt....I'm talkin about the arrogance of some of these waiters tryna flex on black folks for bein cheap azzes or broke instead of they broke azz cheap azz bosses that shyt on you on a daily basis....and probaly won't even let u eat lunch or dinner free

Understand me tipping you 15% is me being nice as its customary even though you deserving that much is questionable:ufdup:...keep on talkin shyt in this thread and my next waiter might suffer the consequences as I hold on to this stereotype about the ungrateful/arrogant attitudes of waiters:mjpls:...I do it cuz its customary even though I don't follow most white man customs.

Now my barber?that's a different story:whoa:...my life is in his hands:whew:....plus I'm supporting black business:obama:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly bruh,folks talkin bout "bu bu but the profit margin is so slim"...maybe in a small restauraunt...but all these restaraunts ain't got no damn slim profits,did you ask to see the books:mjpls:?cuz they pocket watching black folks awful close apparently:heh:turn some of these lights and tvs nobody ain't watchin off or something lol...and I'm not condoning not tipping because I realize these restaurants ain't shyt....I'm talkin about the arrogance of some of these waiters tryna flex on black folks for bein cheap azzes or broke instead of they broke azz cheap azz bosses that shyt on you on a daily basis....and probaly won't even let u eat lunch or dinner free

Understand me tipping you 15% is me being nice as its customary even though you deserving that much is questionable:ufdup:...keep on talkin shyt in this thread and my next waiter might suffer the consequences as I hold on to this stereotype about the ungrateful/arrogant attitudes of waiters:mjpls:...I do it cuz its customary even though I don't follow most white man customs.

Now my barber?that's a different story:whoa:...my life is in his hands:whew:....plus I'm supporting black business:obama:
I've always tipped my barber and my bar tender very generously. nikkas be wondering why I be skippin the line at the shop

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
@BLAZO da GAWD why you aint respond to me bruh?

i just wanna know your thoughts on what I wrote

Puss-in-Boots-Sad-Eyes.jpg

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
and this is ultimately why I don't feel sorry for servers. there's a chance to make some SERIOUS bank. I've worked as a cook in a restaurant like Applebees/Chili's and them whining ass servers were eatin good. meanwhile I'm sweating in the back and not getting a cut of the action. nikkas in the back washing dishes with no tips either. granted our hourly pay was better but when it all washed out the servers were making way more money than us.

you wanna whine? talk to people who work retail during Christmas. shytty hours, shytty customers, and NO tips. :wow: if servers felt they were being soooo mistreated and it wasn't worth it nobody would be one. But its a job that requires no education, has flexible hours, and the potential for great money. I know people who made a career out of it.

with all that being said, I still tip accordingly. but i acknowledge its some BS and I wish waiters would get off their high horse of entitlement. We ALL deal with shytty customers in our jobs. stop taking your one horror story and making it a reflection of people (or black people) as a whole. shyts dumb. plus the accountability goes both ways. not all servers are patient benevolent beings and not all customers are cheap @ssholes.​

Not all restaurants are like that though, and there are some nights where cooks make more than the servers because of how slow business might be that night. There were some nights where I would leave work with $20 in tips or less after 2 or 3 hours, whereas a lot of cooks are usually there all night and get the hours. Servers have a lower floor and a higher ceiling than the Back-of-House staff.

Retail people only have to deal with that type of mayhem for only a month though. If there hours really get crazy, at least their paid time-in-a-half, too. :manny:

Depending on the restaurant, that "one horror story" is actually a common occurrence. For instance, when I worked for Applebee's, I made sure to NEVER work a Thursday night. Why? Because we hosted karaoke after 10pm and it attracted all the ghetto hood lowlives. Applebee's the restaurant legit turned into Applebee's the nightclub. It used to get so over capacity that we started to do ticketed seating. There were also times where fights among ghetto trash broke out. It started to happen on a weekly basis and one server actually got injured in it. It got so bad that a fight traveled to the parking lot and the people damaged the DJ's brand new Cadillac CTS significantly. He proceeded to quit that night. The following week after that, there has been a cop INSIDE the restaurant for every Thursday karaoke night. I promised myself never to work a karaoke night no matter how broke I was. I didn't give a shyt if I was -$300 in my bank account, there was no way I was going to work a Thursday night. As for the weekend, I made sure I was first cut off the floor most nights so I could go home before 10pm, which is when half-off appetizers start. That, and the fact that ghetto people for some reason only come out late at night, is the reason I made sure to get on outta there before my night ended in anger and complete frustration. Needless to say, obviously the compensation to work with these types of people wasn't worth it either.

Last edited:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:francis::francis::francis:i hope this is reddit duck tales, cause its sad

shyt is racist, but it's true. a lot of nikkas don't be tipping.
I think this is more of a culture clash than a monetary issue. Notice that the tipping was the last thing mentioned in all of his complaints. A black server or restaurant owner would have known how to firmly and respectfully handle the initial table and those like them in a way that white people are unable(or unwilling to).

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Thing is this isn't the first time I've seen waitresses/restaurant owners complain about negroes on reddit. There are at least a dozen other similar stories.....what is the reason for this?

I want ask fellow Coli members if they conduct themselves in a similar manner?
2013 posting

:shaq2:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
:francis::francis::francis:i hope this is reddit duck tales, cause its sad

I think this is more of a culture clash than a monetary issue. Notice that the tipping was the last thing mentioned in all of his complaints. A black server or restaurant owner would have known how to firmly and respectfully handle the initial table and those like them in a way that white people are unable(or unwilling to).
You bumping 2013 threads because?