Restaurant owner who saved his business... by keeping black diners away

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still tip very well because of the uppity folks i hang out with but at the back of my mind i know im just throwing money away to someone who didn't do anything extra to earn it. I don't mind giving away money, but besides normal charity, i hate giving it to someone who technically didn't do anything to earn it from me.
The point is that the price is already sky high to cater for someone actually serving you. Gross margins are over 200% and they expect an ADDITIONAL TAX of 12% to 15% on top - that's what a tip is, an extra tax. Its even worse in the UK where you pay 20% value added tax (similar to a sales tax) and then you pay an extra 12% tip/gratuity on top of that tax

I never feel that I tipped someone for someone for not doing anything though but I still understand what you're saying. Me not having to do it, is appreciation enough. When I eat out, I prepare myself to spend and tip at least 15% of bill. But like I said, it has to be worth it for me to even think about eating out and most times it's not.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
13%.... Always.... Take it or leave it :manny:

Unless I am drunk and having a exceptionally good time then I'll hook you up.....

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
I use to work in a semi poshy restaurant every race came too and i can tell you the whites/Italians/indians were the loudest, from my own eyes and ears the blacks made less noise, even when they had a party table, crazy i tell you.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Word. Nikkas acting dumb like there arent multiple threads about tipping on here, where dudes talking about they don't believe in it. I always tip good.......Im not a cheap azz muthafukka and I understand that when you tip good and go back to that place frequently, folk will remember you and treat you with respect. Alot of our people be on that bullsh*t. I can't go nowhere with my sister. She expects to run a waitress around for 45 mins, leave a $1.00 tip and the entire meal, she's examining her food for the slightest problem so she can get the meal for free :camby:

:what: that is beyond cheap. I hardly eat out, but I give at least 20% when I go out. I even give my barber $20 for a $15 haircut.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because the shyt ain't true. Think about it for a second. The economy goes to shyt and you lose all your customers, and yet the black prople magically have enough money to go to a restaurant :what:?

Then a teenager calls a waitress a bytch in front of his whole family and everyone at the table starts laughing :what:?

Might as well said one of the kids started rapping, the mom started twerking and the dad busted out a crack pipe cause the shyt sounds like a bunch of stereotypes made by cacs :camby:
This.

Add the fact they took fried chicken off the menu and added a dress code :laff:

Come on man.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Biz was failing because white people who couldn't afford to eat out any more stopped coming in but he raised the prices and the came back. FOH

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
if they can get away with it , more power to em. my only thing with predominately visiting black owned restaurants is i want variety. i can only eat so much soul food (very little actually) without getting tired of it. i wanna try other cultures and cuisines and if more restaurants do this, its gonna be a major upset.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Biz was failing because white people who couldn't afford to eat out any more stopped coming in but he raised the prices and the came back. FOH

Exactly. shyt makes absolutely no sense. Dude might as well went all the way racist and say he had to take down the basketball hoop, stop serving malt liquor, and had to start declining EBT cards as payment :comeon:

Last edited: