Daps
Reppin
NULL
::takes a bite:::

3MZqQz.gif

TMBlue

Pro
Daps
How do you go to a restaurant and it’s absolute trash? Maybe I’m spoiled because I live in NYC :dahell:

This dude always seemed hella performative or like a picky eater to me parts of his shtick to make him different from Keith Lee is to give bad reviews. I wonder how many reviews this fukk nikka dragged to make his content. :mjlol:

He gave most spots in NYC good reviews. He shytted on DC, Detroit, Charlotte and definitely St Louis. NYC, Baltimore, Raleigh got mostly good reviews.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

@Hawaiian Punch this is it right here

Even in the video them fries looked like dude didn't even attempt to cook them right.

I think buddy was being generous cause none of that looked good.
I bet the prices ridiculous cause that's how DFW is, horrible food at high prices.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Even in the video them fries looked like dude didn't even attempt to cook them right.

I think buddy was being generous cause none of that looked good.
I bet the prices ridiculous cause that's how DFW is, horrible food at high prices.
I been there before. The prices are high as hell.

Spent over $60 for me n my bm

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Are you able to tell if a pizza may be trash just by looking at photos online? If so how
Pretty much, visually you can get an idea of the ratios (crust to cheese ratio, sauce to cheese ratio) - and when places have this off you just know they aren't playing by the same rule book - that's when you get that local townie pizzeria type or some people will call this "Greek style" pizza. With certain pictures you can get an idea of the crumb of the crust and this will tell you things like if it was made from a cold dough, rather than one that was allowed to warm to room temperature and also if the dough was allowed time to proof (ferment) or if it was dough made the same day.

Example - this pizza is going to taste like a glob ... it is just dough sauce and cheese, which is a winning combination but pizza is an art of bringing this together in cohesive unison

here is an example of a pizza that looks good, If you look closely you will notice the cheese literally melts into the sauce

but from the same shop you will notice a pizza that is just as good but the cheese has bubbled over the sauce. Slight distinction but can actually make a difference

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Not yet.

The fact that so many people are glossing right past this is amazing to me. Social media has given people the impression that they can just talk into cameras with no pushback, but there's a reason professional organizations exist: to have some set of agreed-upon standards to raise the level of everybody's work. Some random with unproven taste buds will end up stepping on the wrong toes, and it will not end well for anybody involved.

Y’all crack me up with the playing hard business

Only shop owners slang guns I guess
Sometimes people in the restaurant business will hit reviewers with the "What do you know" or worse yet, the "These are hardworking people and you're review is hurting their business"

I don't buy into that. First of all, "What do you know" a food reviewer is your most conscientious consumer - rather than doubting the merit of someone who literally chose food among all things to express themselves in, get a consultation. Have them recommend competitor's that are doing something right, and then circulate your money within the industry of "hardworking people"

That "These are hardworking people and you're hurting their business" ... Okay? I am a hardworking person and they just took my money and sold this shyt sub-par quality food and would laugh in my face if I told them I didn't want it and prefer to have a refund. Nahhh, I've been in San Francisco and have hung out with people who were panhandling all day to get a $5 slice of pizza ...so miss me with that. This isn't little Sally in the cul-de-sac selling lemonade, you are a business in the realm of making food professionally

I can’t believe people are here defending low life scummy restaurant owners. Low morals no standards trashy people.

Daps
I stand on what I say. Just a matter of time before one of these reviewers get they head bust to the white meat or get two shots in their gut. This ain’t Siskel and Ebert reviewing movies. This is black folks going into the hood and making reviews on black businesses that can get destroyed completely over a few choice words. Rules of engagement are different when it come to us. People feeding their families and paying mortgages with these businesses. There is a lot on the line and people have died for less.

Yep, one day one of these food reviewers will push the wrong button and someone will snap. Dude isn’t giving an honest review and feedback, he’s over the shyttng on them for engagement and views.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Yep, one day one of these food reviewers will push the wrong button and someone will snap. Dude isn’t giving an honest review and feedback, he’s over the shyttng on them for engagement and views.

Kiss ass or die right?

This world is cooked

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Pretty much, visually you can get an idea of the ratios (crust to cheese ratio, sauce to cheese ratio) - and when places have this off you just know they aren't playing by the same rule book - that's when you get that local townie pizzeria type or some people will call this "Greek style" pizza. With certain pictures you can get an idea of the crumb of the crust and this will tell you things like if it was made from a cold dough, rather than one that was allowed to warm to room temperature and also if the dough was allowed time to proof (ferment) or if it was dough made the same day.

Example - this pizza is going to taste like a glob ... it is just dough sauce and cheese, which is a winning combination but pizza is an art of bringing this together in cohesive unison

here is an example of a pizza that looks good, If you look closely you will notice the cheese literally melts into the sauce

but from the same shop you will notice a pizza that is just as good but the cheese has bubbled over the sauce. Slight distinction but can actually make a difference

Is the sauce supposed to be sweet or savory