Resident Evil HD Remaster (PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoy the genre period.
Most recently I beat Alien Isolation which is arguably just as slow and intense as this, especially on higher difficulties.
Even has the same manual save system more or less.
The constant puzzles in this are just annoying imo, but to each his own.
Maybe if I'd played the early RE games as a kid I'd be more receptive, but I have no nostalgia to help motivate me to trudge through this.

Do you hate puzzles in general or something?

Its not as if they are particularly difficult or anything.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
finally being able to play the first resident evil got me :wow::gladbron: ive played 2, 3, CV, 4 and 5 but only beat 2 & 5 :snoop:

im sitting here thinking "damn how did nikkas figure some of these puzzles in 96 with no help :patrice:"

game still stands up pretty well with time

imma need 2 & 3 remastered ASAP

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I always play as Jill first.:yeshrug:Makes the game more scary imo.

>not picking the female in a horror movie game, when female roles reign supreme in horror movies?

>do you even horror? :dahell:

I've always found this game too easy with Jill. A huge chunk of what made Resident Evil stand out as a "Survival Horror" experience was the limited inventory and the idea that every single item mattered. Playing with Chris means you can't just go around shooting every single zombie and you have to play much more cautiously. Those bites really matter when you can only carry 1 or 2 healing items. This makes the game more intense to me and much more enjoyable. I like a challenge when I play my games though. I get not everyone is up for it.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I've always found this game too easy with Jill. A huge chunk of what made Resident Evil stand out as a "Survival Horror" experience was the limited inventory and the idea that every single item mattered. Playing with Chris means you can't just go around shooting every single zombie and you have to play much more cautiously. Those bites really matter when you can only carry 1 or 2 healing items. This makes the game more intense to me and much more enjoyable. I like a challenge when I play my games though. I get not everyone is up for it.
:comeon:Chris can take more bites/attacks than Jill. Everyone should know this by now.:yeshrug:So what is your point?

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I can't possibly be any more clear as to what my point was. Are you making the argument that the game is actually harder with Jill?
It's equal with both. What Jill lacks in strength, she makes up for in inventory. What Chris lacks in inventory he makes up in strength. You're trying to say that one is harder to play with than the other, but that just isn't the case. I just said I prefer Jill cause it sets more of a Horror movie tone than playing as a guy which isn't scary imo. But carry on.

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
That damn dog slit Chris throat like it was nothin. Couldnt even kick the damn beast off while I still had green health :dahell: