Resident Evil 4 is still King

Daps
The fact that they keep changing things up on you really sets things over the top.

1. The chainsaw dudes

2. The first time you see a plaga burst out of someone's head(pause)

3. Those super aggressive dogs

4. The battle with the monster on the water

5. Those giants who could pick you up and throw you

6.. The regenerador monsters and the build up to them

7. The alternate version of regeneradors with spikes bursting out of their body

8. Those invisible bugs

9. The part when you play as Ashley and she has no weapons

10. When you make it to the castle and those cult members are constantly chanting

11. Fighting the blind monster in that little cage and you having to use sound to trick him

12. Running from that thing that was sticking tentacles through the floor trying to get you.

13. The introductions of Krauser, Saddler, etc and the fights against them

14. Watching out for bear traps, explosives traps, etc

The variation was on another level and it felt like natural progression, from what I've seen of the Evil Within they completely missed what made RE4 and just threw a bunch of horror stuff in for the sake of throwing things in. The reason I brought it up is because the same dude who directed it did RE4.

RE4 was a horror setting and also fun at the same time. Also once you beat the game you got 3 new games to play. I was :ohmy: when I found that out.

You didnt even mention any of the sequences and set pieces :wow:

RE4 was one of the only saving graces of Gamecube

Gamecube's first party was strong as hell, I think Nintendo's strongest other than the SNES and a few handhelds. RE4 was one of the few great third party titles and thats where the console let down.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: Nothing really to add, RE4 was the best one. The only one i haven't played was RE0.

Anyway when you unlock the PRL 412:wow:
Or really if you unlocked it:francis:
because pro mode was a gaming experience that gave me:francis:

Chef

All Star
Daps
This thread reminded me we're getting a Resident Evil 2 remake. :ohlawd: I slander Flabcom every chance I get but if they remake CV and RE3.:whew:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
You didnt even mention any of the sequences and set pieces :wow:

Gamecube's first party was strong as hell, I think Nintendo's strongest other than the SNES and a few handhelds. RE4 was one of the few great third party titles and thats where the console let down.
I'm not a fan of Nintendo games. The Gamecube was my brother's so I got something for it. It was a weird you have playstation and your twin bro needs a system too. But you have to let him play your playstation 2. So get a game for gamecube.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just bought the wii version of RE4 off the strength of this thread. Never played it. I have it for PC too, but I heard it's best on the wii.

Daps
Just bought the wii version of RE4 off the strength of this thread. Never played it. I have it for PC too, but I heard it's best on the wii.

It's easier on Wii. It becomes a lightgun shooter and the game's designed so youre supposed to have kinda shytty aim. I'd play it on the PC if its the HD version you have, its the way its meant to be played tbh. And its in 60 fps.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's easier on Wii. It becomes a lightgun shooter and the game's designed so youre supposed to have kinda shytty aim. I'd play it on the PC if its the HD version you have, its the way its meant to be played tbh. And its in 60 fps.
hmmm...so I guess I just wasted $12. Oh well :manny:

I just have the version that steam has. I assume it's HD, but it's not a remake like RE1

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I won't pick one over the other. RE4 is one of my favorite games ever but TLOU is fukkin amazing. Why anyone would even mention RE5 for any reason is beyond me. I stopped fukkin with the franchise because of that game

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I won't pick one over the other. RE4 is one of my favorite games ever but TLOU is fukkin amazing. Why anyone would even mention RE5 for any reason is beyond me. I stopped fukkin with the franchise because of that game
Idk even know why people brought up TLOU in here. it's not similar to RE4 at all. Two classics but for completely different reasons.

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
hmmm...so I guess I just wasted $12. Oh well :manny:

I just have the version that steam has. I assume it's HD, but it's not a remake like RE1

The Ultimate HD edition is the best looking version I've seen to be honest. They have comparisons on youtube.