Resident Evil 4 is still King

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TLOU >>>

Plus it had one my favorite multiplayers i have ever played. I was a tactical shotgun bomb hiding beast on that joint. :blessed:

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
Great game but pretty much ruined the franchise.

Daps

How did it ruin the franchise when there hasnt even been so much as a classic resident evil clone since it? :jbhmm:

People were sick of survival horror, especially what resident evil had been doing it for eight years, before re4 came out. Capcom cashed out and made a classic. It wasnt until a few years ago between 5 and 6 when the classic fans were sick of the new direction and wanted the old design back. Even then no one except capcom is doing fixed cameras + tank controls. Horror games now are mostly first person games with heavy stealth elements. People complain but capcom were right to change the series.

Dont get me wrong, Ive been yearning for the old shyt for a while as well, but the franchise was getting way too formulaic and judging by the fact that no other dev tried to pick up where classic resident evil left off capcom was right. Now hopfully enough people buy the classic rereleases that are coming out to tell them to reboot the series and go back to the classic design.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
No. 5 ruined the franchise. 4 perfected a new formula on the first go and they watered it down and went straight action with 5.

Before 4 people were sick of the franchise,it had become incredibly stale.

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
No. 5 ruined the franchise. 4 perfected a new formula on the first go and they watered it down and went straight action with 5.

Before 4 people were sick of the franchise,it had become incredibly stale.

This is my point. 5 and 6 tried to emulate the success of 4, but to no avail. All the following games wants to be RE4, but can't do it right. Even Revelations weren't as good as it. I'm not sure about people getting sick about the formula. PS2 players never got the chance to play RE Remake and 0. Outbreak was a decent game and quite cool with its online coop. Dead Aim wasn't bad either. :manny:

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nah, code Veronica was the last good one. Nothing like panicing and saying fukk over and over again as you instantly forgot how to use the tank controls.:russ:

Re4 was cool but it didn't feel like re to me.

Daps
You're entitled to your shytty opinion :steviej:, too bad xbox ain't never had a game of either of these games quality in its entire existence :deadrose:
:ufdup: not an Xbot(don't even own one) have a PS3 and Wii U
TLOU doesn't even have any proper boss fightsaside from that pedo vs ellie the gameplay was pretty standard nothing groundbreaking and the blocked off paths ruined the immersion I'm not saying be open world but give a nikka freedom to backtrack. Uncharted 2 also shyts on it( I had more fun with it).
Stay overrating that game because of story:pachaha:.

It's a decent game but definitely not 10/10 GOTY

Last edited: