Resident Evil 4 is still King

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
RE4 is trash just like the rest of the RE that came after it. I really don't get how people loved 4 and not it's sequels. RE4 was just as much of an action game as it's sequels.

RE1-CV are the real Survivor Horror.

In RE4, you could shoot one of the villagers in the foot and push the action button to do a suplex/karate kick to clear a wave of villagers in your way. There was no fear/tension in the game after that. Game was Madden rookie settings even in the hardest difficulty with that combo.

People that praise RE4 like it was actually a good game are to blame for the sequels that for whatever reason they seem not to like. Cause of that we will never get the traditional RE1-CV.

Last edited:
Daps
Anybody who thinks Code Veronica and 0 are better than 4 doesnt understand game design. Its not about horror vs action, its about good game design vs shyt design.

Daps
RE4 is trash just like the rest of the RE that came after it. I really don't get how people loved 4 and not it's sequels. RE4 was just as much of an action game as it's sequels.

RE1-CV are the real Survivor Horror.

In RE4, you could shoot one of the villagers in the foot and push the action button to do a suplex/karate kick to clear a wave of villagers in your way. There was no fear/tension in the game after that. Game was Madden rookie settings even in the hardest difficulty with that combo.

People that praise RE4 like it was actually a good game are to blame for the sequels that for whatever reason they seem not to like. Cause of that we will never get the traditional RE1-CV.
that doesn't work with the later enemies:aicmon:

the ones that kill you in one hit like the bugs and them big armored wolverine dudes

Last edited:
Daps

This is incredibly ignorant. Everything about it.

Honestly resident evil 4 inadvertently saved survival horror as a genre. Without people bytching about the action series it became, the indie horror market wouldnt have exploded like it did the past five years.

RE4 really is the king :wow:

Last edited:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I remember the game, it was king Imo, the pacing and it got pretty tough in the end, I had to cheat to pass it smh. up even had to save Ashley or she's food. game was really good. 5 went downhill and 6 was contra.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
that doesn't work with the later enemies:aicmon:

the ones that kill you in one hit like the bugs and them big armored wolverine dudes
thats how u know he on some bullshyt :russ: 4 had the perfect balance

5 & 6 were just...i dunno nikkas had metal t rex's n shyt

I remember the game, it was king Imo, the pacing and it got pretty tough in the end, I had to cheat to pass it smh. up even had to save Ashley or she's food. game was really good. 5 went downhill and 6 was contra.
:upsetfavre:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
The fact that they keep changing things up on you really sets things over the top.

1. The chainsaw dudes

2. The first time you see a plaga burst out of someone's head(pause)

3. Those super aggressive dogs

4. The battle with the monster on the water

5. Those giants who could pick you up and throw you

6.. The regenerador monsters and the build up to them

7. The alternate version of regeneradors with spikes bursting out of their body

8. Those invisible bugs

9. The part when you play as Ashley and she has no weapons

10. When you make it to the castle and those cult members are constantly chanting

11. Fighting the blind monster in that little cage and you having to use sound to trick him

12. Running from that thing that was sticking tentacles through the floor trying to get you.

13. The introductions of Krauser, Saddler, etc and the fights against them

14. Watching out for bear traps, explosives traps, etc

The variation was on another level and it felt like natural progression, from what I've seen of the Evil Within they completely missed what made RE4 and just threw a bunch of horror stuff in for the sake of throwing things in. The reason I brought it up is because the same dude who directed it did RE4.

RE4 was a horror setting and also fun at the same time. Also once you beat the game you got 3 new games to play. I was :ohmy: when I found that out.

Last edited: