Resident Evil 3 | PS4/XB1/PC

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
U need to def play Code Veronica. History is being rewritten about that game. For one. That game is basically the true sequel to Resident Evil 2. Number 2. People try to retroactively hate on it because IGN fukked over the rating when they did the remaster for PS3/Xbox 360. But that was one of the highest rated RE games when it dropped. I still have my old Dreamcast magazine with the review for the game in it. shyt got a 10 out of 10 in that shyt. IGN’s original rating was like a 9.5.

I even posted I'm going to cop CV and Revelations, y'all need to read thoroughly through my posts

I recommended very specific titles because his first games were the remakes.

Kairi Irving

Daps
I got u. But even with that being said. RE1 got remade but it's still basically in the style and while RE Code Veronica aint in this newer style. It still was next gen at the time of release. It aint a PS1 game. Main issue is gonna be the Tank Controls.

From what I'm seeing it looks like it plays like PS1 RE.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So CV is the Street Fighter EX of the franchise it seems :jbhmm:
Resident Evil Code Veronica DC Magazine Score
this is the original score for the game. I took a pic of my game magazine I still have from back then. First RE game without prerendered backgrounds. Game basically sold the Dreamcast. This is a REAL TIME score. Not that retroactive shyt. 10/10

here’s IGN’s original score the game. 9/10
Biohazard - CODE: Veronica (Import) - IGN

Gamespot original score. 9.5/10
Resident Evil: Code Veronica Review

Electronic Gaming Monthly gave it a 9/10

The list goes on.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I liked Code Veronica. I enjoyed all the OG RE games. RE0 was okay but RE1, 2, 3 and CV was piff. I liked RE3 a bit more than RE2 also.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said I'm going to cop in earlier post. I never mentioned it in bad or good RE games.
Yeah sorry check my edit, but for some reason people don’t mention CV like that with the “original” 3, but it is just as good, like @spliz said it was the always supposed to be the true sequel to RE2, they pretty much just pushed nemesis into its place and put a 3 on its title, that’s why funnily enough the original nemesis got the same criticisms back in the day that this remake is getting (too short, feels like an add on ect)

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Resident Evil Code Veronica DC Magazine Score
this is the original score for the game. I took a pic of my game magazine I still have from back then. First RE game without prerendered backgrounds. Game basically sold the Dreamcast. This is a REAL TIME score. Not that retroactive shyt. 10/10

here’s IGN’s original score the game. 9/10
Biohazard - CODE: Veronica (Import) - IGN

Gamespot original score. 9.5/10
Resident Evil: Code Veronica Review

Electronic Gaming Monthly gave it a 9/10

The list goes on.

that magazine article is dope, noticed the comment about it being twice as long as the others, I thought it was

Kairi Irving

Daps
Yeah sorry check my edit, but for some reason people don’t mention CV like that with the “original” 3, but it is just as good, like @spliz said it was the always supposed to be the true sequel to RE2, they pretty much just pushed nemesis into its place and put a 3 on its title, that’s why funnily enough the original nemesis got the same criticisms back in the day that this remake is getting (too short, feels like an add on ect)

Y'all telling me shyt I already know. The only thing is I didn't play some of these games.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
that magazine article is dope, noticed the comment about it being twice as long as the others, I thought it was
I should post the whole article. It’s a 4 page review. Dope shyt. And they rant and rave about the game the whole time. Based on how people act now. U would think the game was universally panned. I don’t think any RE game scored higher at the time of release.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I should post the whole article. It’s a 4 page review. Dope shyt. And they rant and rave about the game the whole time. Based on how people act now. U would think the game was universally panned. I don’t think any RE game scored higher at the time of release.
I had it on the Dreamcast, had CVX on the ps2, copped it on the Xbox 360 store, and copped it on the PS4 store last year for like 3.99, iv owned more versions of CV than i have of RE4 lol

Kairi Irving

Daps
Hold up, have I misread or have you never played CV?

edit: I’m guessing you haven’t played the ps1 originals in general? (My bad if I got that wrong)

Yeah, I'm familiar with the lore and dramatic changes. After playing RE1 REMAKE I'm open to playing OG RE3 and CV.