Republican AGs sent intimidating letter to all Fortune-100 companies telling them not to hire too many Black employees

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
You damn right. We voted for democrats in record numbers and then we stop voting for them for a couple of cycles and let the other side win some key positions and now stuff is falling apart. :dahell: It's only been 7 years since we stopped voting for the Dems. You telling me 7 years of Republicans in office being able to do whatever they want cause they hold all the key positions necessary to pass legislation means that they can strip away the rights of black people?

You telling me that it was necessary to keep democrats in power so this wouldn't happen? :dahell: :patrice:
I do hope some misguided fools see the error in their thinking when they read your posts LOL

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Majority of people who vote for republicans live in parallel universe. They believe that they are fighting for freedom when in reality republicans are trying to become almost like the next china, russia or iran.

Republicans picked a strategy that's gonna be disastrous to them long term. Even white voters are turning their back on them because they are too stupid to realize there are also plenty of American citizens with relatives in Europe and Europe saw enough of Republicans weak stance on European questions.

They are really transforming themselves into a total American hillbilly party. When your strategy is focused on white Americans only, in long term even the white Americans will turn their back on you.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
I remember watching shows like Roots and feeling sad, angry, confused.
Thinking how difficult it could have been for those in the past.

With all that is happening now, if you do not have some STRONG feelings
Even to the point of tears and fear
Something is wrong

Tears, fears, and feelings are fairly meaningless. What is your strategy?

The Supreme Court's decision is the result of a prolonged strategy, beginning with Clarence Thomas' nomination to the court in the late 1980's. Most people can't diet through the weekend, and these guys, including Thomas himself, played it low and slow over a 40 year period in order to achieve an objective.

All the emotion in the world cannot combat that.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
The companies don’t want to hire us.
Google is damn near 42% Asian i would argue in about 10 years its going to be mostly Asian Hispanic and white

As opposed to what? These motherfukkers want talent.

Like, who created the space? Who is leading innovation in the space? Who is drawn to and works in the space?

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Missouri is 12% black, 18% hispanic
Indiana is 9% black, 82% white
Kentucky is 8% black

Both Kentucky and Missouri were affiliated with the confederacy.

Both Kentucky and Missouri remained in the Union. However, both states were slave states- like Maryland, which also stayed in the Union

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Any black person that votes Republican, I want nothing to do with. This is literally working against your own existence and livelihood…
:francis:

You see why I beef with a ton of TLR posters.

These Republican CACs want black folks to make minimum wage and deny them access to higher education and good paying careers. Jim Crow 2.0 is what they really want.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Tears, fears, and feelings are fairly meaningless. What is your strategy?

The Supreme Court's decision is the result of a prolonged strategy, beginning with Clarence Thomas' nomination to the court in the late 1980's. Most people can't diet through the weekend, and these guys, including Thomas himself, played it low and slow over a 40 year period in order to achieve an objective.

All the emotion in the world cannot combat that.

That is exactly the problem.
I would have bet they would never do that.
That Clarence would never do that.
That we would have never gotten to this point.
Of our children not learning history, or even being hired for a job.
Of it becoming legalized AGAIN. What next.

I feel helpless. So yes a lot of emotions, and none of them good.
Even worse, I pride myself on not being an angry person, to try to figure things out, to have hope.
I am sad.

Daps
Because these private companies are already not hiring too many Black people. It's always been the opposite. If we were benefitting from Affirmative Action in the workforce, it escaped me somehow. I've always had to be overqualified to get jobs, but maybe your experience has been different. Not saying that these republicans aren't gunning for us (Black people), but this particular action by them is suggesting that corporations are over hiring Black people, when I haven't seen evidence of that. I could be wrong. I agree that the Republicans are trash and trying to implement harmful policies, I just don't think they're living in reality.
go to any city where democrats command overwhelming power and show me how many black people you can find walking the halls
of corporate offices.

you would be hard pressed to fill up one hand with your count.

no one is denying what republicans are aiming for, but it’s intellectually dishonest to act as if the employment prospects of black people fare significantly better under democratic leadership.

would i rather have democrats in office?

yes.

does that mean we shouldn’t hold their feet to the fire when systemic racism persists under their governance?

no.