Republican AGs sent intimidating letter to all Fortune-100 companies telling them not to hire too many Black employees

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I remember watching shows like Roots and feeling sad, angry, confused.
Thinking how difficult it could have been for those in the past.

With all that is happening now, if you do not have some STRONG feelings
Even to the point of tears and fear
Something is wrong
I was in this hellish Carolina heat for about 10 mins the other day before I ran back into the air conditioner and the thought of our ancestors who were slaves then sharecroppers popped in my mind. It first hit me as saddness and anger then finally motivation to continue the fight they started. It’s still unbelievable to me that we have c00ns that vote Republican or not at all helping to ensure that the immeasurable sacrifice they made for us was for nothing:francis:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
This is the bottom line. All other rational and arguments about other issues is to this end. Where people fail is getting caught up in the arguments and rational instead of the end goal. They will tell you its about color blindness and "merit" but if you find yourself arguing the issues on those grounds, you already lost because that is like the laser pointer to distract you from their actual goal.

Start calling them out on that. Call it what it is. Tell them that you simply want blacks in subservient and powerless positions. No if, ands, or buts about it. If you find yourself trying to explain why AA is necessary to these people, realize they already understand that. They disagree with you even being in certain classes in society whether you deserve to be there or not. They don't believe in "fairness" because that is "communism". They believe in hierarchy and your individual talents are irrelevant. You're black and you belong in the lower caste. Period. That is their thinking. If you're not operating from that framework, all your arguments are like this to them:

tenor.gif

Yup

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I was in this hellish Carolina heat for about 10 mins the other day before I ran back into the air conditioner and the thought of our ancestors who were slaves then sharecroppers popped in my mind. It first hit me as saddness and anger then finally motivation to continue the fight they started. It’s still unbelievable to me that we have c00ns that vote Republican or not at all helping to ensure that the immeasurable sacrifice they made for us was for nothing:francis:

I almost had a stroke years ago cause I went off on some c00n over Philando Castile dude literally went “so what” and on that “we need to get over slavery” spiel beforehand and I literally was close to catching a case. Breh is very lucky his homie was a mutual friend and stepped in between us cause I was ready to split his fukking head open

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I don't know about other brehs, but this is racism in the open for me and I'm okay with that :yeshrug:

At least they won't be hiring us and pretending to like it while hating us the entire time.

I don't care if we lose jobs, I'd rather us be jobless. :manny:
I actually needed you to say something this outlandish to be sure that you are truly trolling. Lol

Carry on.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I almost had a stroke years ago cause I went off on some c00n over Philando Castile dude literally went “so what” and on that “we need to get over slavery” spiel beforehand and I literally was close to catching a case. Breh is very lucky his homie was a mutual friend and stepped in between us cause I was ready to split his fukking head open
Yeah I’ve had to cut off a couple life long and college friends for shyt like that and that fake militant both sides shyt. I don’t trust myself to not put hands on nikkas for shyt like this with the racist political climate we live in, I’m to old to get locked up for the first time so I cut the c00ns out my life :francis:

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus
smh

I've also seen him argue that AA wasn't a big deal either.

As a blue collar brother who works with his hands anybody trying to stifle are best and brightest from suceeding is dead weight and a jelaousy POS

Mfers ain’t strive for shyt in they life so they indifferent to the next breh or woman with potential getting the door slammed in they face

i gotta stop talking/reading about this stuff cause it just enrages me the more I think on it and I’m not trying to give out at 38

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Most both siders are just lazy minded. Notice their arguments are very general statements. You mention, hey this SPECIFIC company is noticeably racist in very specific ways and the response is "well all companies are racists and so why do you care?". Not even "Well A,B, and C are also racists" which is slightly more specific.

Apathy is easy and throwing out general statements that "feel right" is much easier than to pretend to care about something sincerely. A big weakness a lot of people in our community have is the obsession with projecting a "cool" image, whatever that may be. Apathy and contrarianism for the sake of contrarianism makes certain individuals feel special and feel "Cool". They aren't sheep, they have their own mind, or so they think as often they are simply victims of other types of propaganda that are simply less mainstream but propaganda all the same(i.e. until Tariq and Yvette told them to have beef with Non-ADOS, they didn't care about that shyt). Sincerely caring about something or having strong principles is viewed as try hard, corny, and lame.

A lot more black people in the modern era have a job, reached a certain class level, and have reached levels of wealth that they were literally kept from achieving before. Things can always be better and for black folks it could be a lot better. But because the situation isn't ideal, its like some folks have all but given up hope of things getting better and in fact engage in counter-productive behavior.

A lot of these individuals would be a "Do So"'ers if they were in Trinidad. It was "cool" to do so and it was attractive because it doesn't actually require caring and instead rewarded apathy. The white people who wish to disempower people like this understand their psychology and actively work to use it against them. They probably understand the mind-state of a lot of the people who they wish to oppress more than the people who are being oppressed because it is necessary for them to understand their mind state to manipulate them. The greatest irony, is once again, these individuals tend to be the most convinced they are not victims of propaganda but they tend to be the most propagandized and don't realize it lol.

C/s this whole post, but the bolded definitely jumped out. I'd add on to this that aside from the apathy towards trying to improve things as they are, it seems like too many people take for granted that things can't get worse. This country's history should be a reminder that things can always get worse and we should always be aware of and on guard against that.