Republican AGs sent intimidating letter to all Fortune-100 companies telling them not to hire too many Black employees

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
You're the one who doesn't want anything for your vote, dummy. Like I said in that other thread years ago, Black Americans have IDs. I came from poverty and was never without an ID. You need ID to drive, drink, smoke, work, get an apartment, get social benefits, etc. pretty much for everything. How do you not have ID? Voter ID laws effect immigrants mostly, I never said I was in favor of them, stupid. I just don't see how it's going to affect Black people, but if you can cite me some information on how it will or has, then I'll change my mind.

I remember watching shows like Roots and feeling sad, angry, confused.
Thinking how difficult it could have been for those in the past.

With all that is happening now, if you do not have some STRONG feelings
Even to the point of tears and fear
Something is wrong

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
All you actual Black people who are serious about equality, just vote against any Republican you can. This is not THE solution. There's plenty of heroic shyt you can do besides. But go vote, then do your heroics.

All you agents: eat 101 dalmatian dikcs. Get bent. Fukc off. Et cetera

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Notice they somehow acknowledged that the purpose of DEI is to offset bigotry, but they only have a problem with the DEI, not with the bigotry. :francis:

Attorney Generals who signed off on the letter:

Kansas - Kris Kobach
Alabama - Steve Marshall
Tennessee - Jonathan Skrmetti
Arkansas - Tim Griffin
Indiana - Todd Rokita
Nebraska - Mike Hilgers
Iowa - Brenna Bird
South Carolina - Alan Wilson
Kentucky - Daniel Cameron
West Virginia -Patrick Morrisey
Mississippi - Lynn Fitch
Missouri - Andrew Bailey
Montana - Austin Knudsen

Kansas AG Kris Kobach is the one who wrote the letter. In the past, he's been called "the most racist politician in America" because he has spent his entire career working towards anti-black voter suppression, radial anti-immigrant measures, and trying to normalize religious and racial profiling. I guess you can add "keeping non-white people out of the workforce" to the mix now.
:francis:
61098fb54f83b.image.jpg

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
If a small minority of the companies are Black, so much that Black people are actually underrepresented, how is it going to hold up in court that there are too many Black people at the companies? And isn't this a double edged sword that's going to backfire on them anyway? It can be argued White people are overrepresented. Let them try their bullshyt.
Anyone from a "underrepresented minority" will have their bonafides put under the microscope by these AGs. That'swhat the letter is about. Whites are never underrepresented except in certain sports and minority owned businesses which they don't give a damn about anyway. If they find someone white or Asian that got .01 higher GPA in school and didn't get hired/promoted in a major corp, they will accuse the company of diversity hiring. Mark my words.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
All you actual Black people who are serious about equality, just vote against any Republican you can. This is not THE solution. There's plenty of heroic shyt you can do besides. But go vote, then do your heroics.

All you agents: eat 101 dalmatian dikcs. Get bent. Fukc off. Et cetera

Have you read the racial makeup of these states???:sas2: remember what I keep telling y'all about that blind voting and numbers...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Most of the top companies don’t have many black employees. only 4% of google is black.
I

They'll use that as an excuse to set a low ceiling.

"Google was doing everything they could to increase diversity, and they were still just 4% Black. If you are 5% Black or more than you're clearly cheating for them and need to make that job White!"

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Have you read the racial makeup of these states???:sas2: remember what I keep telling y'all about that blind voting and numbers...

If you vote in a race that the Dem cant possibly win.. it costs you very little.

In my area it takes all of 30 min to vote on average.

It occurs every couple of years.

And it's free.

So if I "waste" my vote.. I have wasted very little. Cost wise.

I have taken half an hour to make a statement before.

I rap. So I have made plenty of shyt that got largely ignored. But I do it.

I've taken chicks on dates that I had less than 10% chance of smashing. Just to see. Wasn't mad that I indeed didn't get to smash.

If all of us just simply vote against the Rs then we cover that base. In some cases it helps stop the R. In some cases it's just a statement.

Either way. Make is simple. No math except

against

Republicans.

After that, go out and Black Dynamite on their asses and do all the other gangsta shyt you think can help fight racism.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Anyone from a "underrepresented minority" will have their bonafides put under the microscope by these AGs. That'swhat the letter is about. Whites are never underrepresented except in certain sports and minority owned businesses which they don't give a damn about anyway. If they find someone white or Asian that got .01 higher GPA in school and didn't get hired/promoted in a major corp, they will accuse the company of diversity hiring. Mark my words.

And what about all the average White people getting in over qualified Black candidates? Doesn't this open a can of worms that might actually have the opposite effect they're going for? White people are way overrepresented in executive positions and in general at these office jobs.

"Additionally, black US graduates who do work are more likely to be overqualified than other Americans."