Rent a center should be illegal

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
and you'd have to be shockingly stupid to pay that without knowing how to surf the internet to compare prices in 2018. either that, or the payment plan actually works for you, and would be roughly the same as putting it on a credit card anyway

im just curious what the law would say that you propose writing. i have no interest in defending a piece of shyt business like rent a center, but we can't legislate everything
You sound like a corporate shill. :russ:

this dude is such a fukkin corporate shill :mjlol:

you know whats funny?

all these bytch ass dudes whining about "how can you not vote for hillary if she beats bernie :why:"

you know how? because hillary clinton is a corrupt, lying, paid off, establishment, corporate shill who doesnt give a fukk about the average american. i look forward to voting for trump instead of her, and i would do it if i never knew who bernie sanders was

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
If you got to rent head phones you are fukked up in the game
The purpose of showing things like Xbox, headphones, etc is to show the markup in real values. These similar markups exists for the larger items such as sofas, washers, driers, stoves, and other home appliances.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
We've reached the point where @the cac mamba is a libertarian until the free market offends his white heterosexual male sensibilities. Then he wants to government to act. :PatriceTrump:

It's been fun watching you become radicalized as the democrats moved from a black male leader to a white female leader.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Btw, AcceptanceNOW, a financier that sets up in furniture stores like Ashley and Value City, is owned and operated by Rent-A-Center.

Made 100% of my payments on time on some furniture, paid it off in 3 months, and it still f*cked up my credit (shortened my overall average credit history).

It's not worth it. :tchallascust1:

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Btw, AcceptanceNOW, a financier that sets up in furniture stores like Ashley and Value City is owned and operated by Rent-A-Center.

Made 100% of my payments on time on some furniture, paid it off in 3 months, and it still f*cked up my credit (shortened my overall average credit history).

It's not worth it. :tchallascust1:

All jokes aside, I thought the rule of thumb for credit is to have whatever you buy, on your credit, for at least 7 months, before you pay it off. That way it's doesn't hurt your credit score.

Last edited:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
this is all just a reflection of american's obscene obsession with consumerism that someone with no money feels they deserve a beats headphones. on ebay last week JBL was selling a wireless headphone for $29 as one of ebay's deals of the day.

if you have to go to rent a center for a tv, guess what you can't afford it and you don't need a samsung or LG. btw, i find it amazing that the only brands on their website are samsung and LG, because their customers aren't interested in offbrand, they might be poor, but they deserve mid-level offerings by the top brands. put aside money and go buy an off brand one for 200 bucks (or even less). you want it now you say? why? will you die without a tv? the rent to own companies know that their customers are people with bad credit, people with bad credit are in that situation because of poor decisions. so the rental company is pricing in all sorts of things into their payment schedule that are a reflection of the risk they are taking with this subset of consumers. if they go and repossess that tv after 6 months, it's already depreciated by half.

Rent to Own LG 49 Inch 4K UHD LED Smart TV 49UK6300PUE

the same as cash price is $799. walmart, amazon, best buy, target, etc. sell that tv every day for $300-370. why can't RAC offer it same as cash for $370? because they want to make money just like amazon, wlamart, etc., but they can't just allow a high risk customer to take a tv home for a same as cash price of $370. their goal is to collect what they need to make a profit in those first few months before their customers just say fukk it and then they have to incur the costs of repossessing that tv that is now worth $150 on the used market (although they'll probably offer it for $350 same as cash to another customer). forget about the even longer 61 week terms.

subprime housing and car loans are different because people need a roof over their head and a means of getting to work so that they can survive. so car dealerships that prey on poor people with obscene interest rates for unreliable cars can actually ruin the lives of people just trying to get to work or have a roof over their head (subprime mortgage) or pay their utility bill before it gets cut off with a temp loan (pay day lending). RAC doesn't have anything on their website i would classify as a necessity.

Last edited: