Reminder: WS’s and Russian Ops are using immigration to stir up racial tension ahead of 18 elections

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Your premise is wrong. A sanctuary city is by definition a city and not a border. So yeah, "open borders" is a strawman.

:what:

You're trolling. You're trying to be smart by playing semantics, taking the literal definition of border as a physical line.

Borders are an abstract concept. The border of a country is not the lines on a map. Look at airports and embassies, for example. If you're at an airport in Toronto and step into the US customs area, you have crossed the border to the US legally, without having physically crossed the demarcation line.

A country can be considered to have open borders by definition if the law associated with unauthorized entry isn't enforced (de jure). So he's right that if you have areas where people can run and avoid prosecution for immigration law violations, you have a de jure open border. It's common sense that your border doesn't mean shyt if there's no penalty for violating it.

An open border is a border that enables free movement of people between different jurisdictions with few or no restrictions on movement, that is to say lacking substantive border control. A border may be an open border due to a lack of legal controls or intentional legislation allowing free movement of people across the border (de jure), or a border may be an open border due to lack of adequate enforcement or adequate supervision of the border (de facto).

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody saying black men and woman need to step up and work harder is an idiot and doesn't understand structural oppression. Black people need to organize and build alliances to fight white supremacy. As long as there are more white people than black people in the us, there is no way that black people can better their position by themselves in a system that is designed to keep them oppressed and the existance of which white people simply deny. The only strategy to achieve that, is to build alliance s with other commumities oppressed by white supremacy. Republicans understand that and therefore try to prevent these alliances from happening. At the same time, in order to stay in office and continue his openly racist policies, trump needs to suppress voter turnout for democrats. Supressing the black vote is a traditional strategy of the republican party. they do it through gerrymendering, they do it by passing laws increasing the obstacles for black people to go and vote and now they do it by trying to polarize black people around the issue of immigration. It's not really a difficult concept to understand :manny:

I reject this notion fullstop. And the logic that follows. There are plenty of things black people can do to support ourselves economically - plenty. Many of which can not be systematically undone, despite the current system making it a bit more difficult to actually execute. There's a different between the system making it harder to move and the system preventing you from moving outright.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I reject this notion fullstop. And the logic that follows. There are plenty of things black people can do to support ourselves economically - plenty. Many of which can not be systematically undone, despite the current system making it a bit more difficult to actually execute. There's a different between the system making it harder to move and the system preventing you from moving outright.
You want it to be one way, but it's the other way :francis:
You can reject it all you want, that doesn't change the fact that it's true.

Alliance building is crucial for the achievement of political goals. Not just for black people, but for everybody. The difference is, that white supremacists currently managed to build an alliance across different demographics, consisting of alt-right cacs, evangelical christians, poor working class white people and market fundamentalist billionaires. Black people do not have a successful alliance and no, "supporting ourselves economically", whatever that is supposed to mean, is not a sufficient replacement.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Your premise is wrong. A sanctuary city is by definition a city and not a border. So yeah, "open borders" is a strawman.

Aside from that, I don't really care or find the issue to be that important. I'm way more concerned about the GOP rolling back civil rights 50 years, starting dumbass trade wars, refusing to admit climate change is even real, separating kids from their parents on the border, cutting the social safety net, gutting the ACA, and the tons of other awful things they're doing.
Oh brother. Of course. So one cannot be worried about the GOP rolling back civil rights, or the trade war, or climate change, or healthcare, AND be concerned about the Democrats' immigration strategy. Again, a binary choice, with a couple sides of "whataboutitis" :snoop:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
:what:

You're trolling. You're trying to be smart by playing semantics, taking the literal definition of border as a physical line.

Borders are an abstract concept. The border of a country is not the lines on a map. Look at airports and embassies, for example. If you're at an airport in Toronto and step into the US customs area, you have crossed the border to the US legally, without having physically crossed the demarcation line.

A country can be considered to have open borders by definition if the law associated with unauthorized entry isn't enforced (de jure). So he's right that if you have areas where people can run and avoid prosecution for immigration law violations, you have a de jure open border. It's common sense that your border doesn't mean shyt if there's no penalty for violating it.
Let's not forget, ~40% of illegal immigrants arrived by air :yeshrug:

So yes @acri @dj-method-x sanctuary cities = open borders, for all intents and purposes.

We can (and should) help migrants... within the bounds of US law :yeshrug:

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh brother. Of course. So one cannot be worried about the GOP rolling back civil rights, or the trade war, or climate change, or healthcare, AND be concerned about the Democrats' immigration strategy. Again, a binary choice, with a couple sides of "whataboutitis" :snoop:

But you agents never make posts or threads about the former. All y’all do is bytch and complain about democrats. We see right through your shyt.

:camby:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh, democrats all but openly encourage illegal immigration because they're gonna use it as a long play for the hispanic vote

now there's nothing wrong with that :yeshrug: couldnt care less at the end of the day, and i have no problem with someone who wants to come here and work. but stop with the denial of facts, its just embarrassing

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I'm against illegal Immigration and think Democrats lax attitude towards it is a problem politically for them.

I say this after, using my brain, and coming to that conclusion on my own. Not because of Russians or Facebook which I don't even use.

I don't agree with the demogogury and hatred of the right, but on the flip side bringing illegal immigrants on stage during the 2016 DNC was a sign of the lefts stupidity on the subject, in my own personal opinion.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Oh ok. So if I QUESTION why I should be loyal to Democrats, I'M the idiot:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

And you wonder why Hillary lost to DONALD TRUMP :dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
Yall don't get tired of doing this dumb shyt of trying to pretend to be "deep"

We get it.

You're not a sheep.

So who are you voting for tho?

Cause if you're a republican, STAY there. :ufdup:

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
Is it that hard to beleive there was frustration BEFORE Donald Trump/Russian fiasco games? Black people are fed up, no one needs a “push” . Everyone is aware Republican/Democrats/Trump/WS are all in one in the same and are playin good cop bad cop games with different groups.

U dont need Russians for that. Karma has been long overdue.