Reminder: WS’s and Russian Ops are using immigration to stir up racial tension ahead of 18 elections

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ahh, you're West African.
@karim is of foreign origin as well.
Makes sense, but
:yeshrug:
Y'all issues not our issues and social engineering won't make it so. Neither will conflation or "the sky is falling/they're coming for you"
:manny:
I'm WAY more than 2 generations deep. My people have been through the worst and actually helped change the racial formulas in immigration (part of civil rights), so I really don't know what to say. Good luck?
:mjlol:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Do you guys really believe the democrats are demanding open borders?
Not out right, but they oppose pretty much any and every move towards tighter immigration, and flat out ignore immigration law with shyt like sanctuary cities

Frankly, the immigration fiasco is the fault of both parties, as enforcement was lax under administrations of both parties. If laws had been enforced, we wouldn't have millions of illegal immigrants in the first place, or all the hand wringing over what to do with people trying to cross the border. I do believe the Republicans anti-immigration push is some what rooted in racism, but the Dems response undermines black people and completely disregards immigration law.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Democrats believe in compassion and that children of illegal immigrants that have lived here their whole lives and may even have families of their own here deserve not to be deported.

The ignorant think this is demanding open borders. Stupid.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, "open borders" has always been a right-wing strawman.

Anybody arguing against that is automatically suspicious and probably either an agent or a straight up Republican.
Sanctuary cities basically equate to open borders. "If you make it over, you can hide here". We have a whole legislative process in place for immigration reform as well as law enforcement for laws on the books Democrats bypass with shyt like sanctuary cities. Do you support them and if so why?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Democrats believe in compassion and that children of illegal immigrants that have lived here their whole lives and may even have families of their own here deserve not to be deported.

The ignorant think this is demanding open borders. Stupid.
So again, illegal immigrants make it in, they should get to stay, because we are "compassionate". How does that not equate to open borders?

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not about being pro-Democrat. It's about being anti-Republican.

Who is worse: Republicans or Democrats? Sometimes you have to go with the lesser of two evils. People didn't understand that in 2016 and that's why we have such a mess today.

Let's say you don't want to vote Democrat. Okay, fine. Now what other viable option is there to vote for, since you can't vote Republican? Of course you can simply choose to not vote, and let the white supremacists continue to blatantly dictate the governing forces of the country you live in. :francis:

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sanctuary cities basically equate to open borders. "If you make it over, you can hide here". We have a whole legislative process in place for immigration reform as well as law enforcement for laws on the books Democrats bypass with shyt like sanctuary cities. Do you support them and if so why?

Sanctuary cities exist because local gov’ts don’t want immigrants feeling like they can’t use services like 911 or cooperate with gov’t in fear of being deported. It makes sense, especially if these local govts don’t see immigration as hurtful to their communities.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So again, illegal immigrants make it in, they should get to stay, because we are "compassionate". How does that not equate to open borders?

You’re not telling the whole story. These immigrants didn’t just “make it in”. They were brought here by their parents. Dems don’t believe we should be punishing the children of illegal immigrants and the children’s children for the mistakes of their Fathers and grand fathers.

I don’t see why y’all think this is such blasphemy and greater than the atrocities that the republicans and trump are committing every day. That’s my beef with y’all nikkas.

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

The ones who are calling for immigration enforcement to be ended are, in effect, demanding 'open borders' (de jure).

An open border is a border that enables free movement of people between different jurisdictions with few or no restrictions on movement, that is to say lacking substantive border control. A border may be an open border due to a lack of legal controls or intentional legislation allowing free movement of people across the border (de jure).

Open border - Wikipedia
De jure - Wikipedia

And handing an easy W to the Republicans if they really think most Americans want ICE abolished.

And before anyone says it: yes, I know ICE in name has only been around since 2003. In function, it has existed for over a hundred years as part of various agencies. People did not start getting deported just 15 years ago. And I doubt the protestors want ICE abolished as part of further government restructuring and to continue enforcing immigration law as part of a new agency. I think they more likely want an end to ICE's mission altogether (enforcement of immigration law, mainly is what they don't like).

abolish_ice.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Lmao you already lost this argument the moment you looked at my location. Born and raised in Maryland homie, you can miss me with that prepared white supremacist anti-immigrant bs you were planning to dish out. My brothers and sisters are black Americans, and you ain't got grounds to speak on your issues while neglecting others. Mine are 2 fold and my life had been nothing but overcoming adversity and dumbfukks like you, I'm blessed.
That's what's up, I just know why you have a dog in this fight. "grounds to speak on..." :mjlol: The emotional content isn't necessary, nor is your "born and raised".
Ain't shyt white supremacist about facts or questions.
Did Black Americans help get the racial formulas in immigration changed during civil rights? YES.
Did Mexicans benefit from that? YES.
Do Africans benefit from that? YES.
I think more Africans should benefit but let's not get too hype. I don't have to be worried about what you're worried about. nikkas don't have to hop up and be the moral police every time the *dog whistle* is activated.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
There were people on here using holocaust quotes.
"1st they came for the..."
:camby: all of that propaganda. You see the resistance and it's not going anywhere. That can really transform into a fukk you, if you'd like, because your reactions to it aren't very humble.
Too many cash carrying newcomers, be careful.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sanctuary cities exist because local gov’ts don’t want immigrants feeling like they can’t use services like 911 or cooperate with gov’t in fear of being deported. It makes sense, especially if these local govts don’t see immigration as hurtful to their communities.
Illegal immigrants are not cooperating with gov't simply by being here :dead:

Local govts don't get to supercede federal immigration law :why:

This is fukking madness :mindblown:

The thing that pisses me off the most is I'm not even opposed to more lax immigration.... the situation in Central America is as bad as the situation in the Middle East; these people are legit refugees who deserve asylum

But you self righteous chowderhead idiot Democrats are undermining their plight with your boneheaded approach. You break the immigration laws on the books and won't work with Republicans to change them... and then call anyone who dares to question or criticize you all kinds of insulting pejoratives :dead:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Your premise is wrong. A sanctuary city is by definition a city and not a border. So yeah, "open borders" is a strawman.

Aside from that, I don't really care or find the issue to be that important. I'm way more concerned about the GOP rolling back civil rights 50 years, starting dumbass trade wars, refusing to admit climate change is even real, separating kids from their parents on the border, cutting the social safety net, gutting the ACA, and the tons of other awful things they're doing.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, that's the thing. I've got nothing against the people, and I think separating kids from their fams is beyond fukked. But we can't say out of one side of our neck that "black men and women need to work harder and step up" and then out of the other side say "by the way, we're encouraging you to compete against immigrants willing to do what you'd do for 60 cents on the dollar or less, and so much so that the job your applying for will require bilingualism in a few years"

shyt's really not that difficult.
Anybody saying black men and woman need to step up and work harder is an idiot and doesn't understand structural oppression. Black people need to organize and build alliances to fight white supremacy. As long as there are more white people than black people in the us, there is no way that black people can better their position by themselves in a system that is designed to keep them oppressed and the existance of which white people simply deny. The only strategy to achieve that, is to build alliance s with other commumities oppressed by white supremacy. Republicans understand that and therefore try to prevent these alliances from happening. At the same time, in order to stay in office and continue his openly racist policies, trump needs to suppress voter turnout for democrats. Supressing the black vote is a traditional strategy of the republican party. they do it through gerrymendering, they do it by passing laws increasing the obstacles for black people to go and vote and now they do it by trying to polarize black people around the issue of immigration. It's not really a difficult concept to understand :manny: