Remember when thecoli made fun of the PS4 for being the rehash,port and remaster system?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I would argue Sony is the system for families. More kids plays PS4 than they do Nintendo

HouseHolds have Nintendo consoles if the parents are still into gaming and Nintendo scratches a nostalgia itch
Playstation is the console for adult gamers who care more about realistic graphics, life like violence, and more serious toned stories.

Its really the complete opposite, households have Nintendo consoles when the parents are not into games but have kids who are. It's the cheapest option, and those parents usually dont care about the hardware difference between consoles.

Parents who play video games usually have a ps4 or X1 with a switch for the kids and family games.
They are doing what Sony and Moicrosft is doing. They just don’t get criticism for their shortcomings like Microsoft and Sony.
Nintendo mainly focuses on kid friendly multiplayer party games that are ment to be played locally. Once or twice a year they might have a big budget triple A game like zelda, but they make it clear that it's not their main focus.

Sony any Microsoft may attempt to cross into Nintendo's lane every now and then but that is not their target demographic.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
The big deal is the fact that those ports are now portable. I don't own a switch, but you can't deny that it's dope to be able to play something like the witcher while you're on the bus or NBA 2k on a plane.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Playstation is the console for adult gamers who care more about realistic graphics, life like violence, and more serious toned stories.

Its really the complete opposite, households have Nintendo consoles when the parents are not into games but have kids who are. It's the cheapest option, and those parents usually dont care about the hardware difference between consoles.

Parents who play video games usually have a ps4 or X1 with a switch for the kids and family games.

Nintendo mainly focuses on kid friendly multiplayer party games that are ment to be played locally. Once or twice a year they might have a big budget triple A game like zelda, but they make it clear that it's not their main focus.

Sony any Microsoft may attempt to cross into Nintendo's lane every now and then but that is not their target demographic.

I disagree

Most kids are playing Fortnite,2k and Madden on PlayStation

Kids that are playing Mario and Zelda are doing so cause they’re parents grew up on those games and still play them do to nostalgia

All the people here talking about their kids playing Nintendo are older gamers who first systems were Nintendo

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I disagree

Most kids are playing Fortnite,2k and Madden on PlayStation

Kids that are playing Mario and Zelda are doing so cause they’re parents grew up on those games and still play them do to nostalgia

All the people here talking about their kids playing Nintendo are older gamers who first systems were Nintendo
The demographic that Nintendo is going for is playing games like new super Mario bros, Mario maker, minecraft, Mario party, Mario kart, smash bros, etc.

These are the games Nintendo is focused on making, something like zelda or metroid only comes once in a while.

Neither Sony or Microsoft are making those type of games for that audience, they are not doing the same things.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The demographic that Nintendo is going for is playing games like new super Mario bros, Mario maker, minecraft, Mario party, Mario kart, smash bros, etc.

These are the games Nintendo is focused on making, something like zelda or metroid only comes once in a while.

Neither Sony or Microsoft are making those type of games for that audience, they are not doing the same things.
What audience is this?

I’m claiming this audience is for people who grew up on NES, SNES, and 64 play these games and put their kids on

For parents that don’t play these games kids want Playstations for Fortnite, 2k and madden

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
And people are enjoying these ports :yeshrug:

Maybe you should try and find something to be happy about rather than logging on here everyday sneering at everything on the earth. You really are a miserable, joyless loser :hhh:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
And people are enjoying these ports :yeshrug:

Maybe you should try and find something to be happy about rather than logging on here everyday sneering at everything on the earth. You really are a miserable, joyless loser :hhh:
Who?

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I really like the switch I play mainly the 1st party stuff. I skipped the Wii and Wii U so some of these games are cool to catch up on if I had any interest in them. But the majority of the indy stuff from Square and Capcom we've all played on xbox or PS many for free on with Plus and Gold.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
What audience is this?

I’m claiming this audience is for people who grew up on NES, SNES, and 64 play these games and put their kids on

For parents that don’t play these games kids want Playstations for Fortnite, 2k and madden
The market that looks for products aimed at children. The two reasons Nintendo has existed for so long is because they cater to younger kids who aren't ready for a playstation or xbox.

People who grew up playing N64 isnt what got the switch to 40 million units sold. They didn't make the 3ds successful, nor the Wii.

The market that allowed the Wii, and DS systems to do to well.

Who else is making handheld systems with games marketed to children and families?

Explain how Nintendo's marketing strategy is anyway close to Sony's and Microsoft's.