Remember when nikkas use to pretend to be into stuff like Basquiat?

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I have a canvas thing of his as well as a wall sticker. Let me feel good man

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
There is nothing wrong with appreciating his art. It's that some people appreciate the other certain aspect of his life, proximity to white people and hanging with them. (ie Rocky and Tyler,etc) and thinking those are top spaces.

Last edited:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Bruh, The High Museum in Atlanta used to have events on Friday nights and when I tell you it was some dimes up there. BRUH! I would go with my wife because they would have djs and shyt up there mixing and I had to get my peeps in on the sneak.

:wow:That was the spot. Some of the SCAD broads hang down there too.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Basquait is overrated to me. Never liked his stuff..it’ll take a lot of me to go to a art museum or gallery, but I’ll go to a jazz, blues, military or sports museums every day if I could

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
I like Devil and Bird on Money by Basquiat :yeshrug:

But I follow alot of artists and have been around that world so my appreciation for it isn't superficial. There are some HIGH LEVEL black artists out there that are insane with their work, I can't afford it though. I wouldn't buy for an investment I'd just get what I like.

The thing about Basquiat and some other artists though is that there are literally other paintings underneath the paintings that are completed, some artists will complete a piece then paint over it because they changed their mind but nobody would dare to hit those works with turpentine to see whats under them.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Basquiat pieces look dope on clothing :manny:

59672725_072_b

King Poetic

Fire Dave Roberts!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, California
Remember people was on that whole neo soul Erykah Badu and Lauren hill and conscious rappers hype for minute as well..

Then they realized Erykah got 3 baby daddies and cheating on dudes and Lauren hill was bat shyt crazy with 6 kids and them talib kweli and black thought dudes was no different from them so called gangster rappers

Negros change when they see majority of celebrities change to the next gimmick

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I used to make Jackson Pollocks in art class in 3rd grade
large.jpg

63393224-detail-2560x2022.jpeg
This shyt is ass man:mjlol:

I only appreciate art that requires actual skill..

Basquiat paintings could be done by a fukkin 10yo

Life like portraits n shyt are nice tho cos u can appreciate the time n skill put into it...

concise

Veteran
Daps
Thats modern art in a nutshell. 2nd grade drawing might as well be some savant shyt compared to what the cacs are getting away with

Banana duct-taped to wall art installation sells for $120k in Miami

Egregious things like this is money laundering, bro. :francis:

Jay-Z is into Basquiat because dude was an incredible hustler. We can all learn something from a guy who can make millions off of those Crayola special ed joints.

Game recognize game.

Basquiat never made millions off his paintings.
The painting he made that went for 110 mil was originally sold for 19k in the early 1980s. :francis:
His work is worth millions because he's dead and he was one of the first in that lane.