Remember when nikkas use to pretend to be into stuff like Basquiat?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
giphy.gif
Wtf is THIS? :pachaha:

shyt look goofy AF

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That's about a $100 message, no?

The art world thought it was only a $1000 message back in 1989. But now that he's famous, it's suddenly a $2,500,000 message? That's what I'm talking about when I say that it's a fad.

And he's literally made 1000s of versions of the exact same shyt now, and keeps making bank off of each one. Just keeps lining up pharmaceuticals in exhibits, or lining up pills in a cabinet, or just lining up fukking colored circles and giving them pharmaceutical names, then saying, "it's a commentary on medication!" And he's made hundreds of millions of dollars off of that. Do you really think that art connoisseurs are self-evaluating their medication habits when they view a Damien Hirst piece? Do you think that his work actually makes the slightest difference in changing how medicated people are? Nah, they're saying, "Wow, look, this is a Damien Hirst, he's so rich and famous!" If they saw the exact same piece by some no-name they would ignore it.

I got proven right by this fad shyt - turns out Hirst is a fraud who has been faking shyt and dating it 20 years earlier than he actually made it so it will sell for more.

Hirst has been assigning completely fake dates to his own artworks cause they're worth more if they're from his "Golden Period". Just goes to show how fukking fake the art world is - it's the EXACT SAME WORK whether he made it in 1999 or 2017, but he lied and said it was made in 1999 and all of the sudden that makes it worth millions more because he was considered "more creative" in that time period.

This is the same guy who has made tens of millions of dollars selling dot paintings that he doesn't even paint himself, he just randomly assigns colors to each dot and then has his team do the actual painting.

Last edited: