Remember when nikkas use to pretend to be into stuff like Basquiat?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
That was still going strong in the A at both the High Museum and Fernbank before Covid. It was cool to just hang out, drink, and not have to worry about foolishness.
I haven’t been to either in a long ass time. It was fun when it first popped off but it go boring quick imo

everyone I hang with now is addicted to hookah

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
damn, I think I saw this in a movie and to the folks more rounded in the sale of art can you confirm?

But I remember seeing something in a movie where this white lady was saying something along the lines “I introed you to my client base and friends, I helped make you and can break your art career”... my question is in this situation, how much of this comes into play for artist? Like once some rich white person pays an amount of money for an artist work, does word spread that fast and the price goes up?
Exactly, that’s literally how everyone has gotten put on.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Basquiat was brilliant. This thread is pathetic.

:gucci:
Threads like this is why Black people do not advance mentally. This mentality that somehow wanting to be cultured, liking art outside of the box, and other shyt is "for white people" is poison .

Daps
nikkas didn’t give a fukk about the art or exhibits. It was hoes at the art gallery because they had a DJ and drinks
Who cares? They still found themselves introduced to a new world, one that opened their eyes to different types of creativity that many of them still cherish. Swizz Beats is a celebrated curator of art whose focus on black art has led to many up and coming black artists making strides in their craft they otherwise wouldn’t have because of racism.

Thread is shortsighted as fukk.

:mjlol:

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
You have to be pretty myopic to call an era 'weird' because people liked certain art. Weird compared to what? Rappers dying of opiates and gun fire every week? Women walking around with big fake unrealistic asses? I wish all nikkas did was pretend to like art

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
CrimsonTider said:
2008_NYR_02048_0019_000(044655).jpg

That look like Warlock from The New Mutants drawn by bill Sienkiewicz.....​

Warlock+A.JPG

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

2013-2014 was such a weird era

People going to museums on Friday nights to drink cocktails, dress in weird suits and blazers and walk around the gallery :mjlol:

It’s like all of sudden nikkas just stop pretending like they were into that stuff and you would never know this was an era
also reminds me when cats were suddenly getting into kung fu flicks and started buying in them bulk but not admitting they really hated that shyt..