Remember when nikkas use to pretend to be into stuff like Basquiat?

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Art is crazy though, cause it’s literally based on what a person will pay for it. Like Banksy sold pieces in Union square fir like $50 and nobody knew it was him, people thought it was a no none artist, those pieces are now worth millions. Basquiat had graph pieces around the city on doors and mailboxes, people ended up tearing them down to keep once his name became more known. Art is hilarious; which is why I just buy what I like and don’t fall into hype.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
:mjgrin::mjgrin::mjgrin: I remember going couple years back after I watched his movie :dame::dame:
My homegirl was hyping it up and I was expecting to see some revolutionary stuff
That day, it made me realize art is a hustle :wow::wow::wow: and suckers get got cause they wanna be cultured

pez-dispenser-dinosaur-622x500.jpg

The crown represents the victor and eventual king that our inner demons who on fire, but are manifested as a lizard are fighting with :dead:
V3oS.gif
Yeah that modern art shyt is all a hustle :russ:

Get the right dumb white people with money behind you and you set for life

Remember he came off the 90s NY era when white people were scared of everything black, yet wanted to be “adventurous” and “philanthropic” in understanding the black male. Posterizing specific, safe “well-spoken” artistic candidates. Covert racist, pompous bullshyt :mjpls:

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get the right dumb white people with money behind you and you set for life

damn, I think I saw this in a movie and to the folks more rounded in the sale of art can you confirm?

But I remember seeing something in a movie where this white lady was saying something along the lines “I introed you to my client base and friends, I helped make you and can break your art career”... my question is in this situation, how much of this comes into play for artist? Like once some rich white person pays an amount of money for an artist work, does word spread that fast and the price goes up?