Remedy Games calls out Series S as being a major development hinderance

Half A $

Pro
Daps
This is the same company in the Xbox 360 days that was eager to give data on how many consoles they sold to anyone who would listen. Even now they still know that data but they don't publicize it.
Even Sony tried to hide their date in the early days of the PS3 era, it's 100% a loser tactic which is why MS has adopted it for the last two gens.

Just like gameass is a we're last but we're rich loss leader tactic, if Xbox1 had the sales of the PS4 or Switch gameass would be nothing like it is today.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Even Sony tried to hide their date in the early days of the PS3 era, it's 100% a loser tactic which is why MS has adopted it for the last two gens.

Just like gameass is a we're last but we're rich loss leader tactic, if Xbox1 had the sales of the PS4 or Switch gameass would be nothing like it is today.
Oh I remember the PlayStation family numbers we got for a time when PS3 sales were in the toilet so they combined them with PS2 sales to mask that. Companies will always put conditions and terms on the data to make them and their objectives look better.

It’s not a loser tactic it’s what businesses do in general.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Iwhen cac tweets are given more credit than company analytics presented to shareholders, why wouldn’t folks entertain Meach?

It ain’t like Sony has dropped any games this year :sas1:
I literally just posted numbers and sworn court statements.

They post their feelings and tell me i’m the one trippin.

Sony stan’s are broken :smh:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
company PR can be deceptive, but we should believe Jim Ryan's word

Half A $

Pro
Daps
company PR can be deceptive, but we should believe Jim Ryan's word
You're right bro, a millionare retiring when hitting retirement age! what a joke! :duck:
this is just a conspiracy and Sony are going to kill him just like Andrew House and Shawn layton. :lupe:

Xboxs too smart for this Sony PR bullshyt :obama:

thanks for looking out for all of us
:salute:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I literally just posted numbers and sworn court statements.

They post their feelings and tell me i’m the one trippin.

Sony stan’s are broken :smh:
You act like them swearing in court the conditions they put on the data to get it to say what it says has some greater meaning. It doesn’t.

There’s a reason games like Madden, 2K, and Call of Duty don’t come to Game Pass day 1 despite the numbers posted that suggests there’s an opportunity for 20% more in consumer spending on them.

There’s no feelings there. If this greater opportunity exists why are all the major publishers passing on it? Because they know they’ll lose money on it. If they pass on game sales they know whatever fluff presented in PowerPoints isn’t going to help their bottom line.

Any game with the strength to sell well on its own name from a 3rd party publisher almost always passes on releasing day 1 on Game Pass. Usually comes to it when all the copies they’re going to sell to retail have sold.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You're right bro, a millionare retiring when hitting retirement age! what a joke! :duck:
this is just a conspiracy and Sony are going to kill him just like Andrew House and Shawn layton. :lupe:

Xboxs too smart for this Sony PR bullshyt :obama:

thanks for looking out for all of us
:salute:
is it Pray or Pumps and a Bump?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You act like them swearing in court the conditions they put on the data to get it to say what it says has some greater meaning. It doesn’t.

There’s a reason games like Madden, 2K, and Call of Duty don’t come to Game Pass day 1 despite the numbers posted that suggests there’s an opportunity for 20% more in consumer spending on them.

There’s no feelings there. If this greater opportunity exists why are all the major publishers passing on it? Because they know they’ll lose money on it. If they pass on game sales they know whatever fluff presented in PowerPoints isn’t going to help their bottom line.

Any game with the strength to sell well on its own name from a 3rd party publisher almost always passes on releasing day 1 on Game Pass. Usually comes to it when all the copies they’re going to sell to retail have sold.
You’re off on a tangent about some whole other shyt that nobody, not even microsoft argued or implied. Because you were proven wrong with the last shyt you said. Now you set up this strawman to keep beating on, to make yourself feel better.

This is your feelings.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You’re off on a tangent about some whole other shyt that nobody, not even microsoft argued or implied. Because you were proven wrong with the last shyt you said. Now you set up this strawman to keep beating on, to make yourself feel better.

This is your feelings.
My original point still stands. You’ve done nothing to discredit it.

Right now the Xbox Series X is the most powerful gaming console and devs won’t spend the extra resources to make sure their games on average are clearly running better on it.

Why then would they want to be forced to spend extra effort in getting their games to work on the Series S in parity when it’s a subset of a minority of gamers conditioned to wait for games to come to a subscription service?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
My original point still stands. You’ve done nothing to discredit it.

Right now the Xbox Series X is the most powerful gaming console and devs won’t spend the extra resources to make sure their games on average are clearly running better on it.

Why then would they want to be forced to spend extra effort in getting their games to work on the Series S in parity when it’s a subset of a minority of gamers conditioned to wait for games to come to a subscription service?
“customers are less inclined to purchase games anyway as they’ve been conditioned to wait for games to come to a subscription service instead.”

5-EA1-CDDE-47-DE-4-C8-D-AA53-F6333-EA8-D49-E.png

:hubie:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
“customers are less inclined to purchase games anyway as they’ve been conditioned to wait for games to come to a subscription service instead.”

I know corporate speak presentations and graphs based off of projections when I see it....having done it. :mjlol:

All of these companies with sub services were wrong on projections with their sub services. ALL OF DEM (Sony included) overprojected on it and are paying the price for not hitting the growth they thought they'd get.

But carry on :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

:hubie:
These companies need to sell copies of their game to recoup dev cost. That slide is meaningless to them because if they aren't selling copies of those games upfront they're losing money.

But I'll humor you. Please explain why Take Two, Ubisoft, EA, and Activision aren't rushing to get their games on this service as early as possible to engage with this audience? Why Activision went as far as to say that if Microsoft isn't allowed to buy us we have no interest in bringing games to that subscription service.

Also while we're at it please explain in exact words what a "lookalike user" even is. What does that mean?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I know corporate speak presentations and graphs based off of projections when I see it....having done it. :mjlol:

All of these companies with sub services were wrong on projections with their sub services. ALL OF DEM (Sony included) overprojected on it and are paying the price for not hitting the growth they thought they'd get.

But carry on :mjlol:
Those are not projections.

It’s clear that people with gamepass are more engaged with the platfrom and spending more money.

Not even sure why y’all still wanna argue with the shyt.