Religious people, why does god take any amount of time to do anything?

Daps
But god chose to rest....right?

And you rest when you're exerted. Thats it.

What does how my mortal self operates have to do with anything? I'm not an omniscient, omnipotent being and I'm certainly not qualified to explain his actions.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love these new found atheist/agnostics :snoop:

They always feel the need to prove something by sounding clever. Like they're discovering sh!t:beli:

I just don't like when people who aren't religious ask religious questions as if they aren't prepared to negate all of the answers Even if religion made 100% complete sense, if you don't WANT to believe in it, you won't.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
So an all powerful being experiences muscle fatigue? :wow:

I just don't understand that if god can do anything, why would he take time to do what he wouldn't have to spend time on doing?
Few large complex systems are created instantaneously, appearing out of thing air. I guess you've having a hard time accepting that because in your mind God snaps his fingers and everything appears in place, complex and perfect in 0:00 seconds. I appreciate God for taking his time to make Earth and you know what, you should too.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
So thats my original question.

Why did god need any amount of time to do what he was doing?

Why not some instantaneous creation?

Why does any person need any amount of time to do what they do?

Because it takes time to create stuff. That's why. LOL

You're acting like God operates on the principles of "I Dream Of Jeannie".

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
That means we can measure the effect of prayer.

Studies done with intercessory prayer have been inconclusive and show that its as good as flipping a coin.

Would you care to share your data?

Personally I know that a lot of my prayers have been "answered" one way or another. Not necessarily in the way that i wanted or within the time i wanted but all I can say is it has worked for me in the past.

Personally sometimes i think God looks at me as a hypocrite to some degree. I mostly pray when I need something or am desperate. :guilty: I try to be consistent but :manny:
I'm a firm believer in karma: Dont do people wrong and wrong shyt wont happen to you.

I see a lot of you clones in here talking about things that have happened in your lives and I wonder how/why have I never had to deal with that type of drama. Perhaps because i keep my nose clean :unsure:

concise

Veteran
Daps
How many days was noah on the ark?

How many days did Moses wonder in the desert?

How many days was Jonah in the whale?

How many days passed between Jesus' death and his resurrection?

How come only THIS time period gets the excuse of really not meaning what it says?

Well, there's also the time when Adam was told he would die the day he ate from the forbidden tree.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Few large complex systems are created instantaneously, appearing out of thing air. I guess you've having a hard time accepting that because in your mind God snaps his fingers and everything appears in place, complex and perfect in 0:00 seconds. I appreciate God for taking his time to make Earth and you know what, you should too.

So god can do anything...except do it quickly.

So yes, god can't do everything. :ohhh:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Why does any person need any amount of time to do what they do?

Because it takes time to create stuff. That's why. LOL

You're acting like God operates on the principles of "I Dream Of Jeannie".

But god does stuff like that all the time in the bible.

So whats the difference now?

And why does one day take him the same amount of time to do 100x more work?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What does that mean though?

In your definition, your god can't even do EVERYTHING or ANYTHING...so its not much of a god, is it? :ohlawd: :wow:

I guess me and your god are pretty similar. :obama:

I've said not one thing about what I think God can or cannot do because I don't discuss religion with idiots. However, I am certain that God do more for anyone than you could.

If no one could see, you would be a non-factor so God has you beat on that.