Religious people, why does god take any amount of time to do anything?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
God's view of time =/= man's view of time.

Psalm 90:4 - A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

You're talking about an eternal being ... and then something constructed by finite minds. It is beyond understanding.

As for resting, it had a purpose. He rested on the seventh day, and then in turn, humans spend the seventh day to give thanks to God and rest themselves. What if it was a means to an end?

Interesting stuff.

How many days was noah on the ark?

How many days did Moses wonder in the desert?

How many days was Jonah in the whale?

How many days passed between Jesus' death and his resurrection?

How come only THIS time period gets the excuse of really not meaning what it says?

Daps

How come only THIS time period gets the excuse of really not meaning what it says?

ARGH!!!!

tumblr_m1vrtcZcP21qa44bco1_r2_500.gif

:umad:

Daps
Why does an all powerful being need rest to do things it wouldn't have to spend any amount of time doing in the first place? :comeon:

Who said he needed rest?

He took a rest, doesn't mean he needed it, and why he chose to rest is not a question I can answer....cuz I'm not him.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Lets say the creation story is true.

Why does god take any amount of time to do what he could do instantly?

And how does god know 4 days had passed if there was no sun or moon until the "fourth" day?

the concept of time is a human thing, so the whole "7 days" thing might very well be billions of years, because God exists outside of time.

Its complex, but everything happens right when it is supposed to happen in my opinion.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps

What are you talking about? You're confusing yourself.

God was the lone participant in creating the Earth. The rest of the events you're talking about included humans.

And I'm not going to attempt to give you an answer that's 100% correct because I don't know. Just know that God does not work on the same scale of time as you and I. At least, that's what I choose to believe. Delve deeper and tell me what you find out. :leon:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
:aicmon:

So it has nothing to do with the first 2 pages of the bible not making any sense? :mindblown: :usure:

You tell me then.

Why does god need to rest?

In one day he makes stars, it takes him a WHOLE OTHER DAY to make grass and "sky?"

Man wrote the bible dude. Man also wrote about Superman and Wolverine and sh!t. You are not to take what man writes literally.

I'm no atheist but I try to respect other peoples beliefs. While i believe in God but my perception of God is far different than what those religious freaks try to preach and spread. November 6th 1999 was the last time i went to church.

I believe in karma and also prayer. Prayer is how you channel energy to ask for what you want and need from your divine entity. Prayer works.

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
He needed a rest after all that hard work. If you look at the complexity of the cell and how every living organisms functions on a biological level you'd understand the hard work that has gone into created this world and the systems that govern it. You're not giving God enough credit. Scientists have been working collectively for a long time to understand something as simple as the cell. Thats a lot of work hours collectively. Something God did in one of his days. Lets give him his props and stop the hating. If he needs to take a rest let our God do that. Did your father not need a rest after he created you? Dont be so demonic, friend. :sitdown:

God doesnt find things hard to do though does he? that goes against everything you would say about him.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness

According to the Scriptures, we still are in the "7th day" of creation...

so either:

(1) go figure out why that is, or
(2) go sit down.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
the concept of time is a human thing, so the whole "7 days" thing might very well be billions of years, because God exists outside of time.

Its complex, but everything happens right when it is supposed to happen in my opinion.

So why do you not question when the bible says Noah spent 40 days at sea, Moses spent 40 days in the desert, or Jesus resurrected after 3 days?

Why do you not question that a "fortnight" in the bible means 14 days?

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Lol @ trying to use logic to win an argument with a religious person. Faith defies all logic, I personally could not believe anything so blatantly illogical but to each his own :manny:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Man wrote the bible dude. Man also wrote about Superman and Wolverine and sh!t. You are not to take what man writes literally.

I'm no atheist but I try to respect other peoples beliefs. While i believe in God but my perception of God is far different than what those religious freaks try to preach and spread. November 6th 1999 was the last time i went to church.

I believe in karma and also prayer. Prayer is how you channel energy to ask for what you want and need from your divine entity. Prayer works.

That means we can measure the effect of prayer.

Studies done with intercessory prayer have been inconclusive and show that its as good as flipping a coin.

Would you care to share your data?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

God doesnt find things hard to do though does he? that goes against everything you would say about him.
Incredible-LEGO-Art-by-Nathan-Sawaya-Circle-Triangle-Square.jpg
- this is hard work but for the creator it probably wasnt that hard to do because hes a great artist. God, is the great architect and supreme artist. We take photographs of his creations and call the image, art. :wow:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What are you talking about? You're confusing yourself.

God was the lone participant in creating the Earth. The rest of the events you're talking about included humans.

And I'm not going to attempt to give you an answer that's 100% correct because I don't know. Just know that God does not work on the same scale of time as you and I. At least, that's what I choose to believe. Delve deeper and tell me what you find out. :leon:

So who created the other planets?

And why does he have time to create ALL the other stars but it takes him like 3-5 days just to finish Earth?