Rebel Ridge | Discussion Thread | Netflix (9/6)

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It was cool. I was thinking it was like a half dozen Reacher books I've read. Difference is, Reacher would have killed every single cop in the whole town and some of the broke ass "militia".

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This might be why Boyega dropped out of the film. They did him dirty in Star Wars lol

Breh read that script and was like "Wait, ya'll so I don't get to murk them racist ass cops....continues reading, "Hold on, ya'll barely want me harming them at all. Yo why do I have a side kick all of a sudden too. :hhh:

Yeah dude seen this movie wasn't about shyt and bounced. He ain't want another bait switch situation.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt was MID AF. Me and cuzzo really watched this shyt til the end thinking any moment this nikka was gonna get busy smh. When he started shooting cops with beanbag rounds at the end I was like :comeon:

They played me with that "But then I was like Nah" shyt in the trailer. That's why the fukk I watched it! :francis:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I watched this with the fam. Overall a thumbs up. I just thought it was gonna be a whole lot more ass kickin. I didn't mind the conspiracy shyt and the detectiving. If you wanna bring down corrupt CACs that's probably your best shot. I just needed a few more of these CAC b*stards to get got.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed it. Nothing crazy but a solid Netflix movie :ehh:

Main character wasn't trying to die and if he killed the cops that's what happens. He exposed their dirt, got them all arrested, and got to walk away.

I don't know why anyone expected a blood bath when they made it a point that he never saw a war. He wasn't a killer.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Main character wasn't trying to die and if he killed the cops that's what happens. He exposed their dirt, got them all arrested, and got to walk away.

I don't know why anyone expected a blood bath when they made it a point that he never saw a war. He wasn't a killer.

He has the capacity to be a killer but he decided not to go that far due to his moral compass and your point of knowing what would happen to him if he killed cops

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was shocked to find out this was directed by the guy who did Green Room and Blue Ruin, the violence was toned waaaaaaay down from what he typically does.

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Was shocked to find out this was directed by the guy who did Green Room and Blue Ruin, the violence was toned waaaaaaay down from what he typical does.

oh wow, cuz Green Room went hard as fukk.
He prolly had a bet going on or something cuz he neutralized the violence like crazy in this shyt.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Considering some of the directors work, I was hoping this would have more edge to it. But, guess they didn't want to show a breh killin cops. Movie was way too long for what it was and the ending was trash. I wouldn't have been so let down if this shyt wasn't over 2 hours!

:martin:

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
I took it like he could have easily killed them all with his bare hands but he showed mercy even tho he shouldn’t have. Kinda like Batman.

I didn’t understand why he put his hands on the cops first tho in the beginning I wish They would have assaulted him first and then he had a reason to drop bodies.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
shyt was MID AF. Me and cuzzo really watched this shyt til the end thinking any moment this nikka was gonna get busy smh. When he started shooting cops with beanbag rounds at the end I was like :comeon:

They played me with that "But then I was like Nah" shyt in the trailer. That's why the fukk I watched it! :francis:
They showed you in the trailer ol boy was unloading a shotgun before he threw it at the cop. I originally pointed it out that he would not kill cops in the original thread.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road

It's a movie and we wanna see racists and racist cops killed. It's a movie, we can't even get our own fantasy? Yes we have Black folk who geaux hard and kill racist cops, but they die in real life. I'm a movie it would be nice to see Blacks kill racist cops and walk away....it's a movie.