Rebel Ridge | Discussion Thread | Netflix (9/6)

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Exactly, but other folks can have movies of Nazis getting clapped up in brutal fashion, but the black man can't kill racist corrupt cops or racist politicians or Klansmen.

Always gotta be the noble negro even in fantasy/fictional films and stories.

I'm tired of it.

You can kill klansmen and other evil caricature type characters. Did you not see Django?

You can’t kill cops tho breh. You need to let that pipe dream go. Unless you wanted the main character to go out in a blaze of glory on some Chris Dorner shyt

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
You can kill klansmen and other evil caricature type characters. Did you not see Django?

You can’t kill cops tho breh. You need to let that pipe dream go. Unless you wanted the main character to go out in a blaze of glory on some Chris Dorner shyt
I wouldn't mind seeing him geaux out in a blaze of glory....they got his cousin killed after he cooperative and gave them explanations for everything and they was prodding him. Also since it's not real, they could've made it where he exposed them and used self defense.

The visuals of it is important more than it being realistic IMHO.

And I forgot about Django, but I don't recall Jamie Foxx killing any Klansmen. Just whipping them with a whip.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
The first half of the movie was cool
Up until he was arrested.
Them Close Quarter Combat moves looked a lil weak, word to Solid Snake
but I guess they wanted to go a more realistic route than some cartoony John Wick shyt
The rest of the movie was contrived and long way about than a MF

JLaw

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First half was 10/10.

The rest :francis:

It's one thing to not put a cop massacre on screen but the "just a few bad apples :smugbiden: " thing they did with the ending chase was super corny and inconsistent.

I wish Saulnier was more confident in his style. Despite his action scenes having so much storytelling in them, he also feels the need to awkwardly explain plot and flesh out characters that the audience doesn't care about. His movies should just be 90 minutes of tension and violence.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Was ol boy getting the funds wired to him from the Chinese restaurant?

And did I miss the part where he didn't have a car?