Rebel Ridge | Discussion Thread | Netflix (9/6)

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
2pac in real life put in more work on racist ass cops then this whole 2 hour fukking movie did.

Got damn it. :russ:
I mean, them cops got sonned hard :mjlol:

We all wanted more but this is some low budget Netflix shyt. Tbh I was very impressed with the lead role, dude was always calm and collected even when he was putting the beats on them cacs :ehh:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I mean, them cops got sonned hard :mjlol:

We all wanted more but this is some low budget Netflix shyt. Tbh I was very impressed with the lead role, dude was always calm and collected even when he was putting the beats on them cacs :ehh:

Nah fam, we definitely gon have to agree to disagree

The cops didn't get sonned nowhere near enough. Movie didn't come off low budget. Just weak as hell. Trailer hyped it up which made the movie more of a let down. Plus it was too long. If this was 90 minutes, the lack of violence wouldn't have stood out as much.

The lead was great. Even the Miami Vice cac was a good villain, but he never got his come uppence so shyt felt anticlimatic, especially since the cousin died anyway.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Nah fam, we definitely gon have to agree to disagree

The cops didn't get sonned nowhere near enough. Movie didn't come off low budget. Just weak as hell. Trailer hyped it up which made the movie more of a let down. Plus it was too long. If this was 90 minutes, the lack of violence wouldn't have stood out as much.

The lead was great. Even the Miami Vice cac was a good villain, but he never got his come uppence so shyt felt anticlimatic, especially since the cousin died anyway.
Rewatch the trailer breh..they showed you he wasn't gonna kill shyt...how I know??? He had a shotgun in the trailer and unloaded the firearm before tossing it at the cop.

Y'all gotta learn to watch stuff instead of looking at stuff. I pointed this out in the original thread about this film.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Rewatch the trailer breh..they showed you he wasn't gonna kill shyt...how I know??? He had a shotgun in the trailer and unloaded the firearm before tossing it at the cop.

Y'all gotta learn to watch stuff instead of looking at stuff. I pointed this out in the original thread about this film.

I'm not rewatching shyt. :mjlol:
Got fukking damn it for the 100th time, its not about killing the cops. :damn:

I been said in here, that dude didn't have to go ham and murk every cop in the film. Only 1 or 2 truly deserved it.

I'm talking about action and fighting and beating the shyt out of the cops. The movie paraded itself as an action thriller, but barely had any action.

Action doesn't have to be killing cops. Action could have been him being chased through the woods by the cops etc...

Even if you left the action as is, the movie was still too long and the pacing was horrible. The lack of action ain't the worst fault in the film, but its the most glaringly obvious.

I ain't gotta learn shyt nikka. fukk this movie.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin

I been said in here, that dude didn't have to go ham and murk every cop in the film. Only 1 or 2 truly deserved it.

I'm talking about action and fighting and beating the shyt out of the cops. The movie paraded itself as an action thriller, but barely had any action.

Action doesn't have to be killing cops. Action could have been him being chased through the woods by the cops etc...

Even if you left the action as is, the movie was still too long and the pacing was horrible. The lack of action ain't the worst fault in the film, but its the most glaringly obvious.

You sound like me and my hatred for Ryan Coogler Black Panther franchise

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

eh i didn't see it necesssarily parading itself as an action thriller.

trailer immediately gave me First Blood vibes, and we know how subdued that flick is.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
eh i didn't see it necesssarily parading itself as an action thriller.

trailer immediately gave me First Blood vibes, and we know how subdued that flick is.

then you're in the minority my nikka, which is cool.

but most people in here saw that trailer and took it as an action thriller movie. Matter of fact, even Netflix categorizes it the same.

yeah it had some updated First Blood vibes, but that's a classic film with better pacing and its not 2 hrs and 18 minutes.

Rebel Ridge, more like Rebel Mid. :mjlol:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
You sound like me and my hatred for Ryan Coogler Black Panther franchise

oh word. I only saw the 1st Black Panther. Thought it was an 8 outta 1-10. Like its dope, but nothing special.
I remember saying in here that the 1st Dr Strange movie was better than that shyt and nikkas went crazy :heh:

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
oh word. I only saw the 1st Black Panther. Thought it was an 8 outta 1-10. Like its dope, but nothing special.
I remember saying in here that the 1st Dr Strange movie was better than that shyt and nikkas went crazy :heh:
..you tripping giving it a 8...shyt was a solid 4