Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so we're gonna act like I didn't get a ton of daps for this thread and there havnt been a bunch of posters in here agreeing with me?

this is the gay chit I'm talking about.

You're going to act like this thread didn't get a 1 star or the posts that disagreed with you received more daps than you by a wide margin.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I didn't get into Outkast until after they blew, but I like their earlier stuff the most by far. I dunno what that means, but I'll admit it. :_jericry:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
This proves you don't know what you're talking about. At first, it was La Face, now you're jumping ship to the parent label which also housed Bad Boy. So tell me what did this machine do for Kast that it didn't do for Biggie, Diddy, and Mase? And please tell me how you jumped from an imprint like La Face to Arista the parent label being the biggest machine in Black music? Next, you're going ro be in hwre telling me how BMG was the biggest machine in Black music and asking if anyone ever heard of Simon Cowell.

LOL @ calling anyone lil' dude. You siy there act like you're older yhan you actually are to prop yourself up as some old head when in actuality you possibly aren't much older than 31.

Dude was like 7 years old when Players Ball came out and he acts like he's Art Barr :heh:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
where you lived.

You mean outside of the south right?

ive lived on the east coast & down south.

so don't try to play the coast card. the south aint all on outkast on the level that yall hype them up.

theyre to the south what the roots are to philly. I'm not saying that's some chump chit, but its nowhere near what yall gas them to be.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I'm still trippin off him saying he knew about the La Face machine 25 years ago as if he was wasn't older than 6 or 7.

the success of laface/arista and the Atlanta takeover in the early '90s was common knowledge to the casual listener, if you were remotely cognizant. I'm not saying I was some expert.

and regardless, don't compare what you were doing at 6 or 7 to me. youre not built like me at all.

you cant even compare yourself now in your 20s or 30s to me at 5. you don't go outside. stay in your place.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Dude was like 7 years old when Players Ball came out and he acts like he's Art Barr :heh:

so this thread is the reason you follow me around, eh?? typical weirdo who listens to outkast.

lower someones age to prove a point brehs.

and its not even about age. you dudes is like 30 and STILL never been nowhere.

whats funny is, most of yall are younger than me, but that aint stopping yall from arguing.:jbhmm:

Last edited:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"real heads"

:russ:. It's all subjective bro, they're some people's GOAT group, others have different GOAT groups. :yeshrug:. Check their track record, as long as the work says that it's plausible then it can be argued, that's all that matters.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
ive lived on the east coast & down south.

so don't try to play the coast card. the south aint all on outkast on the level that yall hype them up.

theyre to the south what the roots are to philly. I'm not saying that's some chump chit, but its nowhere near what yall gas them to be.
my point is they got love on the west. more love than some of those groups you named.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the success of laface/arista and the Atlanta takeover in the early '90s was common knowledge to the casual listener, if you were remotely cognizant. I'm not saying I was some expert.

and regardless, don't compare what you were doing at 6 or 7 to me. youre not built like me at all.

you cant even compare yourself now in your 20s or 30s to me at 5. you don't go outside. stay in your place.

You stay contradicting yourself. Just admit it breh, you were not up on La Face in the 90's. That's why you keep moving goal posts from the parent label (Arista) to the city of Atlanta. Atlanta is part of The South, a region you claim didn't blow until No Limit and CMR. Now all of a sudden, Atlanta had a takeover that occurred in the early 90's. Let me guess who you think spearheaded this takeover (Kriss Kross, Arrested Development, R&B groups like Silk and TLC). LOL.

Breh, I'm already me and have no desire to be built like someone who lacks a solid foundation and is built on straw (conjecture, generalizations, and glat out lies).

Breh, you argue your points like you're still 5, so yeah I wouldn't compare myself to someone who supports an argument with statements like:

- you weren't around

- you don't go outside

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

:snoop: outkast didn't have a big arista in the early 90s, that happened in 2000.

In May 2000, Edmonds and Reid sold their remaining 50% stake in LaFace to parent company BMG. The label became an imprint of Arista Records, with Arista taking on sales, marketing, and promotional duties for its acts. At this time, Reid also succeeded his mentor Clive Davis as president of Arista Records.