Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

BO BARON

IT AIN'T $HIT!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jackson, MS
Gold thread & great discussion all the way through :ehh:

I kinda agree that in the hip hop world from when they first hit the scene to aquamani they wasnt as vaunted in the mainstream & hip hop circles as they became

Stankonia definitely put them in different discussions along with the black eye peas & the fugees

Of course they lapped them & are now put into all time group discussions along with pop, rock & roll, soul, r&b & heavy metal groups

I think they are considered a goat hip hop group (and should be imo) because their first 3 albums are of course considered southern & hip hop classics especially aquamani

Amongst iconic pop culture songs & albums like ms jackson, bob, stankonia & whatever else they put out during their pop peak

Personally i hated stankonia with a passion :scust:

The double cd was dope tho & i loved hey ya :pachaha:

So yes most hardcore hip hop heads definitely dont fukk with them like that let alone put them in the goat hip hop group discussions :francis:

But they definitely are a goat hip hip group :hhh:

Their definitely in my top 5 all time strictly off of aquamani :ld:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
meanwhile, on the other side of the tracks, heres @DANJ! with his typical DANJ posting style of twisting your words & spinning the narrative on the slick.

I never said they were a money-grab. they knew what they were doing tho.

Doesn't matter... they still weren't an Arrested Development/PM Dawn inspired act. There is nothing about that Southernplayalistic album that suggests either.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Doesn't matter... they still weren't an Arrested Development/PM Dawn inspired act. There is nothing about that Southernplayalistic album that suggests either.

Hell naw Dungeon Fam was/is hood born 'n raised they just didn't need to glorify it every other song..Instead they gave us some soul food for thought

Two Dope Boys
Git Up Git Out
Return Of The G
Hoody Hoo
West Savannah
Chonkyfire
Aquemini
Benz or Beamer
Jazzybelle
Gangsta shyt
Mainstream
Spotieotie
Player's Ball
Skew It.On.Tha Barbie

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

I DIDNT SAY THEY WERE!!!!!!!!

I said they inherited their fanbases.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
a lot of misinterpretations going on.

is this being done on purpose or no?

Niqqa You Gay

You fakkit coli nikkas disgust me
Daps
Reppin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VClxVXrXUH8
dN0PO5c.gif

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Recent material, of course. I don't like Speakerboxx either. Most people on here would never compare it to their first 3 or 4 albums. That's crazy talk. If that's what you're saying then I agree.

the success from their more recent material, boosted their prime material.

their prime material wasn't goat level. it wasn't even top-tier for that particular era/decade.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
THIS

sallimsayin.

Breh, that's not what you were implying with this thread. You have posts trying to discredit them as legit Hip Hop acts altogether. That's beyond saying they are overrated. You didn't simply call them overrated, you tried to pass your opinion of them off as fact by framing the statement as one generally held by "real" Hip Hop heads. Then you proceeded to argue that them being "GOAT contenders" is an Internet thing based on media hype. If that was the case, why are you on the Internet arguing that they aren't "GOAT contenders"?

What I'm seeing with OutKast is the same thing I see with Jay Z. You have people that view Jay Z as overrated so they'll make these arguments to discredit his standing in Hip Hop:

- Reasonable Doubt isn't a classic because it wasn't viewed as such until Jay blew in 1998

- Jay Z wasn't poppin' in 1996

- Jay Z never was "the man" in any singular year, he just managed to outlast his contemporaries

- Jay Z wouldn't be where he is if he didn't marry Beyoncé

- Jay Z's commercial success and media hype is the reason why he's viewd as GOAT

- Jay is where he's at because he rode waves

^^^ I'm not making this comparison to start a separate argument. I'm making the comparison because anyone that is viewed as a GOAT anything will always have the "overrated" tag attached to them because it's all subjective. Many will always disagree on a GOAT. Those that strongly disagree will view said GOAT as overrated and come up with reasons to justify that viewpoint no matter how outlandish or bogus it is. You fall into the latter category.