Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and youre still counting sales. you just don't get IT. this is the same problem everybody has with you in every thread, regardless of the topic.

I singled out one year for onyx just to prove a point, and end it right there.
and lol @ the bolded.

I just answered your question about cypress hill in the post that youre responding too. SMH. LEARN HOW TO READ.

nah. outkast is highly-esteemed on the internet & by the media. I hardly ever see outkast mentioned in this light offline, unless its some young buls who weren't around, that don't even listen to outkast but repeat what they hear on these new documentaries. other than that, outkast isn't mentioned in that light breh. they don't even cross my mind IRL. even when I lived in the south, the only time I talked about them was on the net.

Charts and sales are an actual metric vs. "I heard (insert artist) blasting feon X amount of cars in transit to work" or "I don't know or never knew anybody that liked (insert artist) like that". Then when someone hits them with the rebuttal that disproves such claims, then there's the token "you weren't there". It's little juvenile, amateur arguments that are easily disproven. I use sales and charts because anyone can access that information and it proves that I'm not lying or making up facts to support a narrative.

You used the one year for Onyx because it was their hottest year. It wasn't to prove a point because the only thing you've proven is your disdain for Kast.

Breh you admittedly used a group who was never considered a GOAT group to at an attempt to discredit Kast.

The only reason you go so hard against Kast is because you never got into them, but see them propped up on and offline. And yes, I'm sure you've heard and seen them propped up on and offline. Otherwise you wouldn't go so hard against a group that only had an online fanbase and media hype.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you ever heard of clive davis? you didn't mention his name once.

arista was the biggest machine in black music POINT BLANK.

you lil dudes have no clue.:mjlol:

This proves you don't know what you're talking about. At first, it was La Face, now you're jumping ship to the parent label which also housed Bad Boy. So tell me what did this machine do for Kast that it didn't do for Biggie, Diddy, and Mase? And please tell me how you jumped from an imprint like La Face to Arista the parent label being the biggest machine in Black music? Next, you're going ro be in hwre telling me how BMG was the biggest machine in Black music and asking if anyone ever heard of Simon Cowell.

LOL @ calling anyone lil' dude. You siy there act like you're older yhan you actually are to prop yourself up as some old head when in actuality you possibly aren't much older than 31.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aquemini was just aiird.

that's when they started getting too corny. at least the 1st 2 albums were tolerable/enjoyable types of corny.

only thing they had at the time that was really poppin was "watch for the hook" which was mainly popular for the beat, and it wasn't even their song.

Bias. This is the type of garbage that gets you clowned. Just all types of corny. Just keep it real and say you weren't feeling them. The grand standing and posturing is laughable at this point. You up tje dame thread for five years with a corny, lame attempt to convince people that a group you claim had no relevance outside of the Internet and the media isn't in GOAT discussions. If you truly believed that you wouldn't be working overtime to up the thread everytime admiration or respect is shown for them.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
This proves you don't know what you're talking about. At first, it was La Face, now you're jumping ship to the parent label which also housed Bad Boy. So tell me what did this machine do for Kast that it didn't do for Biggie, Diddy, and Mase? And please tell me how you jumped from an imprint like La Face to Arista the parent label being the biggest machine in Black music? Next, you're going ro be in hwre telling me how BMG was the biggest machine in Black music and asking if anyone ever heard of Simon Cowell.

LOL @ calling anyone lil' dude. You siy there act like you're older yhan you actually are to prop yourself up as some old head when in actuality you possibly aren't much older than 31.
not to mention Clive Davis and arista ain't even come around til the 4th album. this dude is stuck in his own world and that's all he knows.

Magnum P.I.M.P.

Tumultuous Splendor
Daps
Reppin
Orca's c*nt
The Grammy was the icing on the cake.

Another point to show how silly your post was.

They got the Grammy for Album of the Year for an experimental album that came out AFTER their prime.

During their prime, they dropped 2 - 3 certified classic albums, was a big part of one of the most beloved movements in hip hop (Organized Noize), and influenced a countless number of artists.

What list of groups from '93 - '00 do you put over 'kast?
You're wasting your time with this kid. He's the only one on this board to carry such a laughable opinion regarding Kast. If he even believes the shyt he spews, of course.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Aquemini was the peak of Southern Hip Hop imo. Production was amazing, song quality amazing. The vibes and feel. That album made me want to be 20 yeats older.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Outkast is easily one of the greatest artists hip hop has seen.

This thread is silly and disrespectful on so many levels.

This is just a sample of the progression of their greatness, and this small collection of songs alone shyts on most groups entire catalogs.

(Big Boi was the coolest rapper ever back then)

you posted all that for nothing. I know their catalog.

you didn't even post their hot stuff.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
so when you heard Gangstarr's records, then heard Jazzmattaz, them shyts sounded equally hip hop to you? You could be hanging with a bunch of people, play Illmatic joints, play Gangstarr joints, play Mobb Deep joints, then throw on Jazzmattaz and nobody would flinch? :laff:

Organized Noize tell you specifically that they were trying to make Curtis Mayfield records on Outkast's shyt (even on their first album). From vibe all the way down to how they play the instruments and structure the songs. And you're really comparing that to Mass Appeal?

I'm done. You will play dumb till the day is over. I don't have any more time for that.

I'm beginning to think that @JustCKing is a professional troller.

I used to think he was just slow.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You're wasting your time with this kid. He's the only one on this board to carry such a laughable opinion regarding Kast. If he even believes the shyt he spews, of course.

so we're gonna act like I didn't get a ton of daps for this thread and there havnt been a bunch of posters in here agreeing with me?

this is the gay chit I'm talking about.