Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
1. Bad Boy was from New York, not Atlanta. That's why I said LAFACE/Arista, because they were an Atlanta company

2. TLC are great, I agree, but they're not a rap group. They're a R&B/pop group with a rapper in it.

3. Outkast were making songs about smokin weed, pimping bytches, selling drugs, and cadillacs. Their frirst album was called Southerplayalisticadillacmuzik. How the fukk is that anything like Arrested Development or PM Dawn, who were both vehemently against ALL that?:mindblown: They didn't even start getting weird until their 2nd album, but that was after the first one was already platinum.

3. They didn't make a great impact? Yeah, okay:heh:

4. They were booed for the same reason Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre were booed, because New York are some hating ass bytches and anybody who won an award that wasn't from New York/East Coast for the most point were booed.

5. Who's claiming they were Wu-Tang? Why the hell would guys from Atlanta want to be Wu-Tang? Who said they were "underground"? Back then being from Atlanta guys didn't get Hip-Hop respect at all. That's worst than being underground.

6. You've yet to give me any multiplatinum rap groups from Atlanta before Outkast? (other than Kriss Kross, who were a pop act like TLC)

7. The Geto Boys are one of the greatest rap groups of all-time. They should be respected, but even they talked constantly about how the South wasn't getting respect. You know better than Willie D & Scarface? What do you think Willie D & Bushwick were talking about in "The World Is A Geto?"

1. what does this matter?
2. what does this matter?
3. they may have been referencing weed, pimpin, etc but as we should all know by now, the overall presentation says the most. they still had the laface stench and a similar appeal & feel to groups like arrested development & PM Dawn. they inherited a lot of their base, and the laface base as well. that's why they did their numbers. they were meant to do the numbers they did. it wasn't some sort of "against all odds" feat that you seem to think it is
I understand this is a rap board and most of the general demographics aren't people that are really in tune with the bases that I'm speaking on. but if you don't know, then just leave it at that. it doesn't mean that I'm hating, like @spliz is trying to insinuating. maybe some of yall just weren't exposed to those bases.

3. you typed 3 twice. and please explain this great impact that they made aside from doing numbers. they were never a hot topic. what blocks were you on where people sat around arguing about outkast? what effect did they ever have culturally? what did they change? what did they really do? and don't give me no examples of industry plants that came out 15-20 years later.

4. dre & snoop got booed cuz they kept winning. but they also got cheered that night, and death row killed it with their performance. outkast got str8 booed off the stage like some bums.

5, you don't get what I'm saying at all.

6. arrested development is from Atlanta for one. ABC, kriss kross.
who cares if you consider them pop acts. I hate to break it to you, but outkast is a pop act as well.

7. you really don't understand what I'm saying.

otherwise, they would've just bee a bama version of pharcyde & souls of mischief.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
First that Outkast shyt is wild inaccurate. Them nikkas was talkin bout hood shyt on they first album I don't know where u got that arrested development shyt from. That's just flat out wrong right there. Sayin shyt like that is why I say u have bias against them.

theres no bias. what I'm saying isn't even a diss.:mindblown: yall are the types to brush off anything that you don't understand or youre not accustomed to as hating.

maybe yall just aren't in tune with the other types of people that were buying their albums. that's always been their real gravy train, and they knew it.

its not just about what they were referencing. cmon man, it aint that simple, youre smarter than this. SMH. nelly & jarule rapped about hood chit too, and were harder. you see how that works?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
theres no bias. what I'm saying isn't even a diss.:mindblown: yall are the types to brush off anything that you don't understand or youre not accustomed to as hating.

maybe yall just aren't in tune with the other types of people that were buying their albums. that's always been their real gravy train, and they knew it.

its not just about what they were referencing. cmon man, it aint that simple, youre smarter than this. SMH. nelly & jarule rapped about hood chit too, and were harder. you see how that works?
Bro. Their imagery and everything was typical hood nikkas from the south. They had nothing in common with Arrested Development or anything of the sort fam. Git Up Git Out was weird? Playas Ball was weird? Come on fam. They was typical as fukk dressed regular and acted regular. They didn't get experimental until ATLiens. I don't have a prob wit u bro cause u and me both know u know ya shyt a lot of the time. I just don't agree with what u sayin about 1994 Outkast. It doesn't make sense. And I knew plenty people at the time who loved Outkast bro. Ur statement would make more sense speaking on 96 Outkast. And yet n still. People loved The Pharcyde and groups like that and didn't look at them funny or any of that shyt. Outkast in 94 was prolly even more typical sounding then they were.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
1. what does this matter?
2. what does this matter?
3. they may have been referencing weed, pimpin, etc but as we should all know by now, the overall presentation says the most. they still had the laface stench and a similar appeal & feel to groups like arrested development & PM Dawn. they inherited a lot of their base, and the laface base as well. that's why they did their numbers. they were meant to do the numbers they did. it wasn't some sort of "against all odds" feat that you seem to think it is
I understand this is a rap board and most of the general demographics aren't people that are really in tune with the bases that I'm speaking on. but if you don't know, then just leave it at that. it doesn't mean that I'm hating, like @spliz is trying to insinuating. maybe some of yall just weren't exposed to those bases.

3. you typed 3 twice. and please explain this great impact that they made aside from doing numbers. they were never a hot topic. what blocks were you on where people sat around arguing about outkast? what effect did they ever have culturally? what did they change? what did they really do? and don't give me no examples of industry plants that came out 15-20 years later.

4. dre & snoop got booed cuz they kept winning. but they also got cheered that night, and death row killed it with their performance. outkast got str8 booed off the stage like some bums.

5, you don't get what I'm saying at all.

6. arrested development is from Atlanta for one. ABC, kriss kross.
who cares if you consider them pop acts. I hate to break it to you, but outkast is a pop act as well.

7. you really don't understand what I'm saying.

otherwise, they would've just bee a bama version of pharcyde & souls of mischief.
Outkast BECAME a pop act. They didn't start off as that. Not even remotely.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Bro. Their imagery and everything was typical hood nikkas from the south. They had nothing in common with Arrested Development or anything of the sort fam. Git Up Git Out was weird? Playas Ball was weird? Come on fam. They was typical as fukk dressed regular and acted regular. They didn't get experimental until ATLiens. I don't have a prob wit u bro cause u and me both know u know ya shyt a lot of the time. I just don't agree with what u sayin about 1994 Outkast. It doesn't make sense. And I knew plenty people at the time who loved Outkast bro. Ur statement would make more sense speaking on 96 Outkast. And yet n still. People loved The Pharcyde and groups like that and didn't look at them funny or any of that shyt. Outkast in 94 was prolly even more typical sounding then they were.

you don't get it. and this whole argument is null & void cuz I already know for a fact that they were milking that arrested development/pm dawn lane.
if youre not aware of it, then just fallback and stop trying to argue about it.

shoot, first time I saw outkast, I could tell it was laface trying to get that AD money.

that's not to say that they were the same exact type of group as them. they were more like souls of mischief, pharcyde but they also had those r&b elements in their music, specifically that laface scent, and they were mad friendly. lets not act like they were the geto boys.

you gonna really sit up here and act like outkast was a group that people sat around arguing about? STOP IT.

and I didn't say you had a problem with me, but you keep trying to call me a outkast hater or say that I have bias, even when I'm not even dissing them, and I'm just stating the obvious. later for that chit.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Outkast BECAME a pop act. They didn't start off as that. Not even remotely.

true but they were ALWAYS in that hybrid rap/r&b lane, before they ventured into the pop realm.

and before you take it there, no you don't have to be singing all on your records or nothing like that. common sense was in that lane for most of his career as well. relativity just didn't know how to work him.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Be wrong for 5 years and 40 pages straight brehs :picard:

prove me wrong.

you cant just dodge someone's points and say someone is wrong. you gotta prove that chit.

I'm still waiting for my question to be answer from post #1

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Game over. Big Boi ran a train on your mom with the Dungeon Fam in tow. Your name is wacky. Fitting.

Choo Choo.

watch your mouth weirdo.

and the dungeon family never comes to my town, which is a rap capital, may I add. but theyre supposed to be some goats.

you dudes prove me right with every post.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Possibly the dumbest thread I've ever seen on here.

This nikka said the only group with a Grammy for Album of the Year and a 5 Mic Album (for 2 different albums) wasn't a top tier group.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Possibly the dumbest thread I've ever seen on here.

This nikka said the only group with a Grammy for Album of the Year and a 5 Mic Album (for 2 different albums) wasn't a top tier group.

nikka YOU dumb.

the grammy they won wasn't even for a hip-hop album.

and you shouldn't be caring about a dam grammy anyway. dudes exposing themselves on here b.

and I told you why they weren't a top-tier group in their prime, by listing all the groups that were ahead of them. and you didn't address it.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
nikka YOU dumb.

the grammy they won wasn't even for a hip-hop album.

and you shouldn't be caring about a dam grammy anyway. dudes exposing themselves on here b.

and I told you why they weren't a top-tier group in their prime, by listing all the groups that were ahead of them. and you didn't address it.

The Grammy was the icing on the cake.

Another point to show how silly your post was.

They got the Grammy for Album of the Year for an experimental album that came out AFTER their prime.

During their prime, they dropped 2 - 3 certified classic albums, was a big part of one of the most beloved movements in hip hop (Organized Noize), and influenced a countless number of artists.

What list of groups from '93 - '00 do you put over 'kast?