Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
From an industry perspective CMR was their answer to NL, y'know that right?

Hence why Universal were so behind CMR and put alot of doe on them.

Yall know how the industry works. Something works? All of a sudden you'll see 100 minions behind them signed by other labels.

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yall know how the industry works. Something works? All of a sudden you'll see 100 minions behind them signed by other labels.
Same happened with westcoast rappers in 93/94, EVERYONE got signed to a major label because of the success of Dre/Death Row and to a lesser extent E-40/The Click. No disrespect, but what the fukk did Rappin' 4tay, Jayo Felony or Twinz bring to the table that we didn't already hear millions of times?

After No Limit's success, southerners like Pastor Troy, Trick Daddy, Dirty, Drama, Ludacris, T. I. etc got major deals. Some had success to various degrees, some less so. Industry AND fans are fukkin' weak and manipulative. Instead of looking for real talent, new sounds and original stuff, they hop on bandwagons and follow trends. That's the weak follower shyt

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
I think I like them in the order they were released. And Dre was a beast. The first three are definitely classics but not GOAT contenders.

The reason I say aquemini is because that was my introduction to outkast, but I agree the first 3 albums were good. I don't like stankonia though..

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The style, approach, and presentation was essentially the same. What separated them was the production, along with a few of the aforementioned variables. People that were No Limit fans all of a sudden became CMR fans.
Again, weak fans being manipulated by HYPE and controlled mass-media (Source, MTV, BET...) hopped on the CMR bandwagon because they were the hot new thing. While they did have hot beats, good rappers (BG, Juve) and some excellent albums in 98-00, that didn't mean you had to stop messing with No Limit, who put out some really good way-overlooked stuff in 99 and 00 (albums by Mac, Fiend, TRU, 504 Boyz, both Snoop albums, C's Trapped In Crime), despite some clunkers (MP albums were disappointing, Silkk not improving, bullshyt little acts like Lil Italy or Lil Soldiers)

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Same happened with westcoast rappers in 93/94, EVERYONE got signed to a major label because of the success of Dre/Death Row and to a lesser extent E-40/The Click. No disrespect, but what the fukk did Rappin' 4tay, Jayo Felony or Twinz bring to the table that we didn't already hear millions of times?

After No Limit's success, southerners like Pastor Troy, Trick Daddy, Dirty, Drama, Ludacris, T. I. etc got major deals. Some had success to various degrees, some less so. Industry AND fans are fukkin' weak and manipulative. Instead of looking for real talent, new sounds and original stuff, they hop on bandwagons and follow trends. That's the weak follower shyt

Yup. You're right. Im 100% with you on that. I hate it too.

Off topic; Twinz had a dope album. I think they just came "packaged" with Warren G's signing. They were around the Death Row days during The Chronic days. They were even in the fukk Wit Dre Day video.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

I cant tell if youre agreeing or disagreeing with me.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, weak fans being manipulated by HYPE and controlled mass-media (Source, MTV, BET...) hopped on the CMR bandwagon because they were the hot new thing. While they did have hot beats, good rappers (BG, Juve) and some excellent albums in 98-00, that didn't mean you had to stop messing with No Limit, who put out some really good way-overlooked stuff in 99 and 00 (albums by Mac, Fiend, TRU, 504 Boyz, both Snoop albums, C's Trapped In Crime), despite some clunkers (MP albums were disappointing, Silkk not improving, bullshyt little acts like Lil Italy or Lil Soldiers)

Of course all of yhat played into a lot of NL fans jumping ship, but let's not act like it wasn't strategic. One of the first songs to pop off from CMR aside from "Ha" was "Cash Money Is An Army". Before that was "Soulja Rags". Then they started accusing NL of biting THEM. Only thing I remeber NL doing that they were doing was them coming out with Hot Boyz, which was a movie, not a group. The way this played out was much like anything else in Hip Hop: people grew tired of NL and latched on to the new wave, which really was just a slightly modified version of an old one.

I agree No Limit continued to put out some good projects, but it still couldn't curtail CMR usurping much of their audience.

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course all of yhat played into a lot of NL fans jumping ship, but let's not act like it wasn't strategic. One of the first songs to pop off from CMR aside from "Ha" was "Cash Money Is An Army". Before that was "Soulja Rags". Then they started accusing NL of biting THEM. Only thing I remeber NL doing that they were doing was them coming out with Hot Boyz, which was a movie, not a group. The way this played out was much like anything else in Hip Hop: people grew tired of NL and latched on to the new wave, which really was just a slightly modified version of an old one.

I agree No Limit continued to put out some good projects, but it still couldn't curtail CMR usurping much of their audience.
No Limit even began changing its formula a bit in 99 and 00, BBTP and then Soulja Productions (XL, Da Beatboyz, C-Los, M. Diesel) using more and more live band instruments and bounce influences...but Mannie did it better anyway

"Hot boys" is a known term in the NO for young gangstas n dope boys, CMR ain't come up with it. Same with soldier (see Pac in Juice). NL and CMR just made these more popular to the masses,
same with Whodi, What's Happenin', Ballin', Stuntin' etc. Petty shyt. Everyone stole from everyone. Using it well or being original and creating new shyt pays off usually

People did get tired of NL (I mean why listen to the same-ol stuff from P and Silkk? C at least came up with some nice collaboes with Fat Joe or Eastsidaz, Mac was massively talented, Magic had that venom and fire...), and as I wrote they tried changing up their style, but it was too late, CMR steamrolled past them and many former NL soldiers followed the hip new Cash Money Millionaires

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope ATCQ comeback classic inspires Kast to give the culture one more gem:wow::ohlawd: