Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
i think this thread and other threads by wacky d are the only attention this guy sees in this, or the real life. :huhldup:
any of our attention, he does not deserve.
troll of the highest order.

and maybe, just maaayyyyyybe if he wasn't trollin due to outkast, i'd probably laugh along w/him. :ehh:

but this fakkit is wrong here :upsetfavre:

Perry J. Perrywinkle III

Back From Job Corpse
Daps
You are the one rewriting history, if the source was giving them 4.5 and 5 mics at the time of them releasing their albums, then they were respected and some of the biggest hiphop artists of there time PERIOD, not just in their lane.

Not too many albums got 5 mics, if an album got 5 mics nikkas was instantly checking for it fan or not. You can say YOU don't like it but if the source gave it five mics before 2002 it is a "classic" album, this doesn't necessarily speak to the quality of the album(although most people agree it was a good-great album) itself but the overall impact it made on the rap world.

didnt they get booed out of the source awards? just because a magazine loves you, it doesnt mean that the people love you.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
didnt they get booed out of the source awards? just because a magazine loves you, it doesnt mean that the people love you.

They also didn't want to applaud Snoop or Death Row. I guess nobody liked them either. :aicmon:

NY wasn't reflective of "the people" at large in '95. They were hating on anything not from there.

Fred.

Perry J. Perrywinkle III

Back From Job Corpse
Daps
i think they got booed because they didnt deserve the award. scarface was big on the east coast. death row only got booed when they started arguing with the crowd. people were going crazy for them the rest of the night.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i think they got booed because they didnt deserve the award. scarface was big on the east coast.

Whether or not they deserve the award is open to opinion. Factually NY was hating on anything not from there at the time. And if Scarface got an award up against NY darlings he would've gotten booed too.

And Snoop had to ask the crowd "where's the love" basically. I dunno what you're talking about with the argument shyt.

I don't even know how this is a point of discussion. NY during the 80s and 90s was notorious for hating on anyone/thing they perceived as outsiders. In some cases they were right, other times like this they ODed.

Fred.

Perry J. Perrywinkle III

Back From Job Corpse
Daps
i just looked at the nominees. bone thugs was supposed to win that award that outkast won. they wouldnt have got booed. people just dont like outkast that much.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
They also didn't want to applaud Snoop or Death Row. I guess nobody liked them either. :aicmon:

NY wasn't reflective of "the people" at large in '95. They were hating on anything not from there.

Fred.

Yep...

The Source Awards in '95 is a bad example to gauge what anyone other than an NY crowd thought about artists. They either booed or were dry for everyone that wasn't part of the East Coast scene. That was Bad Boy & Wu-Tang's night. The Death Row performance got a dry reaction (pumped up by an applause track for TV), Outkast got boos, Brat got :comeon:, Bone Thugs got crickets... most artists not from NY (including Snoop, Cube, Outkast, etc) have noted this about that show. The crowd was even booing non-NY nominees when they got announced.