Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I get what you're implying, but it's way off base. You don't inherit an artist's fan base if you don't share similarities with that artist.

If you feel that strongly about it, I challenge you to make a thread about Kast inheriting Arrested Development's fan base. Put your reasoning (your posts from this thread) in the OP and see if the majority of posters don't respond the same way I did.

its not about similarities. its about lanes.

you don't have to be the same exact type of artist breh.

that thread would be a waste. the only people that would care enough about outkast to reply, 9 times outta 10, don't know much about arrested development - if anything at all. we've been down that road already.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its not about similarities. its about lanes.

you don't have to be the same exact type of artist breh.

that thread would be a waste. the only people that would care enough about outkast to reply, 9 times outta 10, don't know much about arrested development - if anything at all. we've been down that road already.

You can't just usurp someone's lane without having some commonalities. No you don't have to be the exact same type of artist, but some similarities have to exist.

Why wouldn't they care enough about OutKast and not know who Arrested Development is (especially if according to YOU, Kast inherited their fans)? What I'm saying is you could easily make a thread and test the waters. There's enough knowledgeable posters on here that I'm sure would provide some interesting insight on the topic. If you're that adamant about such a comparison, make a thread.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You can't just usurp someone's lane without having some commonalities. No you don't have to be the exact same type of artist, but some similarities have to exist.

Why wouldn't they care enough about OutKast and not know who Arrested Development is (especially if according to YOU, Kast inherited their fans)? What I'm saying is you could easily make a thread and test the waters. There's enough knowledgeable posters on here that I'm sure would provide some interesting insight on the topic. If you're that adamant about such a comparison, make a thread.

but I bet you have no limit & cash money usurped in the same lane.:sas1:

whatever usurp even means. what does it mean? heres a dap in advance. I like that word. USURP.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but I bet you have no limit & cash money usurped in the same lane.:sas1:

whatever usurp even means. what does it mean? heres a dap in advance. I like that word. USURP.

If you were a No Limit fan at the time, you were literally :snoop: at people who were running around screaming they were "TRU Soldiers" switched to talking about they were Cash Money Millionaires. A lot of the CMR fans were once No Limit fans. Some of them were fans of both.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
If you were a No Limit fan at the time, you were literally :snoop: at people who were running around screaming they were "TRU Soldiers" switched to talking about they were Cash Money Millionaires. A lot of the CMR fans were once No Limit fans. Some of them were fans of both.

the EXACT same chit goes for arrested development, outkast, the fugees, common sense, list goes on.

and no limit & cash money really don't have much in common aside from being from the same city. so by your logic, they shouldn't be in the same boat.:whistle:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the EXACT same chit goes for arrested development, outkast, the fugees, common sense, list goes on.

and no limit & cash money really don't have much in common aside from being from the same city. so by your logic, they shouldn't be in the same boat.:whistle:

It's not the same same for OutKast. CMR and No Limit had a lot of things in common. They used some of the same slang. Both had military themes (No Limit calling themselves soldiers, Juve with Soulja rags, the whole Hot Boys' Guerilla Warfare, and fatigues). That's not to mention that a few of the No Limit artists or producers were once rolling with CMR.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
now I'm being told that Atliens is one of the goat albums, and a staple '90s album to be compared to eric b & rakim in the '80s.

you f*ckin geeks mane.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Be so mad at geeks you bump 5 year old threads at 5 am brehs

and youre complaining about it at 5am. so whats your point?

you never added anything to this thread. you just reach for sly insults.

all you do is come in and whine because your feelings are hurt and you feel guilty.

no content in your posts whatsoever. and these are the general responses, cuz yall know I'm right.

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not the same same for OutKast. CMR and No Limit had a lot of things in common. They used some of the same slang. Both had military themes (No Limit calling themselves soldiers, Juve with Soulja rags, the whole Hot Boys' Guerilla Warfare, and fatigues). That's not to mention that a few of the No Limit artists or producers were once rolling with CMR.
still their sound wasn't too similar. Mannie and BBTP did use some of the samples/bounce shyt known in the NO (Triggerman/Drag Rap sample), but had totally distinct styles otherwise.

No Limit had more soulful slower stuff, CMR was all about hard threatening themes (BG albums), party tunes (Juve albums), youthful mercilessness (Guerilla Warfare, Wayne albums) and extreme materialism (Big Tymers)

There was also bad blood between former Big Boy artist Mystikal (and Fiend, but he wasn't really beefing with anyone ever) and Cash Money because of the whole UNLV drama

Only guys who worked for both camps during their heydays (96-01) were O'Dell (did some technical work and co-producing for CMR for a short period of time in 96) and Mac (was featured on BG's Chopper City album, worked closely with pre-CMR Mannie Fresh on his Lyrical Midget debut album early on). Many NL soldiers were part of KLC's Parkway Pumpin' label, but no one from Hot Boys or Big Tymers (or Lac, Stone, Lil Derrick) ever worked for a NL artist/producer at that point

That's why this cut was pretty groundbreaking in late 2001

Last edited: