Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i didnt say they spear-headed it. im saying they played a role. people were coppin random no limit albums like trading cards. the boom started to really take off after that.

youre not even aware of all the south labels and artists that were poppin up at the time. i dont know why youre still trying to speak on this.

and listen man. people can blame technology and all that chit all they want. but the #1 reason why sales went down is because the industry lost the trust of the consumer with the quality going down and then the quality eventually taking a HUGE dip when all the monopolies took hold of the industry. at that point, you couldnt even pay alot of dedicated consumers themselves to check for most of the chit coming out.

Hypnotize Minds and Slip N Slide were popping down here. And that's outside of Suave House and No Limit, if we're just limiting this to The South. This was a period when Lil' Jon was still cranking out local hits. Same goes for Ghetto Mafia. Oomp Camp was doing their thing. Pastor Troy was on the come up (around the tail end of the 90's like April/May '99). There was also Youngbloodz, Jim Crow, and pretty much the Attic Crew (kind of an off-shoot of Dungeon Family).

Miss me with that argument you're making about the reason sales went down because a couple of posts ago, you were blaming The South.

Daps

UGK were regional, but Eightball & MJG weren't.
Lie #1

No Limit didn't open the floodgates. They didn't make The South a viable market. Lie #2

I didn't say Snoop Dogg broke No Limit through on the West, I said he helped solidify them on the West. That's undeniable. Even a washed up Snoop was still more important than anybody on No Limit. Lie #3
@Wacky D its over for this dude

Yes they both are regional and are both highly respected. The move to Bad Boy showed you that it didnt propel their legacy they were already cemented.

For Lie #2 I give you what the media (NY Times) was saying about Master P and No Limit in 1998.

How a Gangsta Rapper Turns Entrepreneur; At 28, Master P Has Created One Of the Biggest Independent Labels

5v3ou9.jpg

:umad: P sold $120 million worth of records by 28 and did it in 6 years. All while putting artist on. If thats not opening the floodgates I dont what is. "90% of the shyt is your business 10% of the shyt is your talent" - Mystikal on Lets Get Em' (Ghetto D)

P started No Limit on the West Coast dummy. P been working with West Coast artist. The machine was already rolling before Snoop got there. I told you common knowledge. Everybody know West Coast Bad Boyz. Not a Snoop in sight and went Gold.

vesxgg.jpg

UGK pioneered most everything that rappers like No Limit were doing musically. :camby: for lacking knowledge on Southern Hip Hop. Before No Limit, Ridin' Dirty was going Gold without radio and video play. That set the precedent for what No Limit would do with C-Murder, Kane & Abel, and other artists on the roster who were successful without having videos or singles in rotation. Big Lie #4

The floodgates in The South were opened in the 2000's. That's when the South became dominant. Lie #4.5

Late 90's Snoop was far more popular than late 90's Mystikal. Lie #5

:mindblown: Lie #4 is so fukking ridiculous. I mean got dayum.

Lie #4.5 Is that when the south became dominant or when everybody else's sound fell off? :sas2:

Since you like stats so much
Late 90s Snoop vs Mystikal: Tale of the Tape

Snoop

2 Million
dbgpvm.jpg

1 Million
24c8qix.jpg

1 Million
mczn2o.jpg

Mystikal

1 Million
9zu3ys.jpg

1 million
2e0mskn.jpg

2 Million
23jog92.jpg

:jbhmm: It look about even to me. I just did this to debunk that twice as popular shyt, but really Mystikal get the W because he made better music while Snoop was inconsistent.

No Limit didn't play a huge role in no sales boom. There was a host of artists that were selling far more than any No Limit artist in No Limit's peak. Rappers were going multi-platinum like it was nothing before No Limit was even a thing. They were beneficiaries.
Lie #6 (really 7)

We already established P sold $120 million in 6 yrs. Now lets look at the Tale of the Tape

8 Ball & MJG: 2 Gold Albums

dcrbwo.jpg

okaps9.jpg

Scarface: 2 Platinum & 1 Gold

25oul2a.jpg

Goodie Mob: 3 Gold

I dont feel like posting all this evidence about record sales. Im think you been demolished at this point. Ill just post the stats

Silkk The Shocker: 2 Platinum :umad:

Mia X: 1 Gold

Fiend: 1 Gold

C Murder: 1 Gold 1 Platinum

And a slew of gold compilations and group albums. You get the point. As far as albums sold No Limit roster stack up pretty well against the legends. Stop the lying mane.

WRONG.

Stankonia sold more than any album ever released on No Limit. Lie #7

Master P: MP Da Last Don Sold 4 million in 1 month in 1998

27y4mcp.jpg

Outkast: Stankonia sold 4 million in 3 years from release. The 2003 release of Speakerboxxx/TheLoveBelow album helped push Stankonia to 4 million in 2003.

2q838y8.jpg

:camby: You're done.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Wacky D its over for this dude

Yes they both are regional and are both highly respected. The move to Bad Boy showed you that it didnt propel their legacy they were already cemented.

For Lie #2 I give you what the media (NY Times) was saying about Master P and No Limit in 1998.

How a Gangsta Rapper Turns Entrepreneur; At 28, Master P Has Created One Of the Biggest Independent Labels

5v3ou9.jpg

:umad: P sold $120 million worth of records by 28 and did it in 6 years. All while putting artist on. If thats not opening the floodgates I dont what is. "90% of the shyt is your business 10% of the shyt is your talent" - Mystikal on Lets Get Em' (Ghetto D)

P started No Limit on the West Coast dummy. P been working with West Coast artist. The machine was already rolling before Snoop got there. I told you common knowledge. Everybody know West Coast Bad Boyz. Not a Snoop in sight and went Gold.

vesxgg.jpg

:mindblown: Lie #4 is so fukking ridiculous. I mean got dayum.

Lie #4.5 Is that when the south became dominant or when everybody else's sound fell off? :sas2:

Since you like stats so much
Late 90s Snoop vs Mystikal: Tale of the Tape

Snoop

2 Million
dbgpvm.jpg

1 Million
24c8qix.jpg

1 Million
mczn2o.jpg

Mystikal

1 Million
9zu3ys.jpg

1 million
2e0mskn.jpg

2 Million
23jog92.jpg

:jbhmm: It look about even to me. I just did this to debunk that twice as popular shyt, but really Mystikal get the W because he made better music while Snoop was inconsistent.

We already established P sold $120 million in 6 yrs. Now lets look at the Tale of the Tape

8 Ball & MJG: 2 Gold Albums

dcrbwo.jpg

okaps9.jpg

Scarface: 2 Platinum & 1 Gold

25oul2a.jpg

Goodie Mob: 3 Gold

I dont feel like posting all this evidence about record sales. Im think you been demolished at this point. Ill just post the stats

Silkk The Shocker: 2 Platinum :umad:

Mia X: 1 Gold

Fiend: 1 Gold

C Murder: 1 Gold 1 Platinum

And a slew of gold compilations and group albums. You get the point. As far as albums sold No Limit roster stack up pretty well against the legends. Stop the lying mane.

Master P: MP Da Last Don Sold 4 million in 1 month in 1998

27y4mcp.jpg

Outkast: Stankonia sold 4 million in 3 years from release. The 2003 release of Speakerboxxx/TheLoveBelow album helped push Stankonia to 4 million in 2003.

2q838y8.jpg

:camby: You're done.

What exactly did you prove? I see no evidence that says that Eightball & MJG were regional. You failed to include MJG's solo album that went Gold and the Eightball album that went 2X Platinum.

Didn't I already address that No Limit was out West before? I only stated that Snoop helped solidify their presence on the West.

Selling $120 Million worth of records opened the floodgates for what exactly? That's $120 million generated from No Limit artists not artists outside of the No Limit roster or other labels as Wacky was suggesting.

And you're in here really trying to perpetuate the lie that Mystikal was bigger than Snoop by bringing in Mystikal's 2000 album that wasn't on No Limit. It didn't even feature No Limit in fact it featured the artists and producers that this thread is about. Snoop was selling more records on No Limit than Mystikal was. Mystikal didn't outsell Snoop until he left No Limit and Snoop was still on the label. You're in here skewing numbers and then saying I'm posting lies. You're on here posting numbers and then give Mystikal the W based on Snoop's inconsistencies musically and an album that nothing to do with No Limit.

To add insult to injury, you really think Master P sold 4 million records in one month?

And again, I never discredited No Limit's business acumen.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Hypnotize Minds and Slip N Slide were popping down here. And that's outside of Suave House and No Limit, if we're just limiting this to The South. This was a period when Lil' Jon was still cranking out local hits. Same goes for Ghetto Mafia. Oomp Camp was doing their thing. Pastor Troy was on the come up (around the tail end of the 90's like April/May '99). There was also Youngbloodz, Jim Crow, and pretty much the Attic Crew (kind of an off-shoot of Dungeon Family).

:mindblown:

you dont get it AT ALL.

its not about what was poppin DOWN THERE. everybody starts off local & regional, unless theyre a plant or just lucky.
this is about who putting the south on the map & opening the floodgates.

you up here listing a bunch of local yocals and i have no clue why.

:merchant:

Daps
What exactly did you prove? I see no evidence that says that Eightball & MJG were regional. You failed to include MJG's solo album that went Gold and the Eightball album that went 2X Platinum.

Didn't I already address that No Limit was out West before? I only stated that Snoop helped solidify their presence on the West.

Selling $120 Million worth of records opened the floodgates for what exactly? That's $120 million generated from No Limit artists not artists outside of the No Limit roster or other labels as Wacky was suggesting.

And you're in here really trying to perpetuate the lie that Mystikal was bigger than Snoop by bringing in Mystikal's 2000 album that wasn't on No Limit. It didn't even feature No Limit in fact it featured the artists and producers that this thread is about. Snoop was selling more records on No Limit than Mystikal was. Mystikal didn't outsell Snoop until he left No Limit and Snoop was still on the label. You're in here skewing numbers and then saying I'm posting lies. You're on here posting numbers and then give Mystikal the W based on Snoop's inconsistencies musically and an album that nothing to do with No Limit.

To add insult to injury, you really think Master P sold 4 million records in one month?

And again, I never discredited No Limit's business acumen.

I showed the proof P sold 4 million in one month. Thats the riaa certification its from their website. Riaa.com Look it up.

Never said Mystikal was bigger. I put Mystikal Lets Get Ready just for shyts to show you Snoop wasnt twice as big.

:stopitslime: They had 3 albums come out the same years. They put the same numbers up. Snoop was NOT twice as big. My point wasnt when Mystikal was on No Limit. I know when he was, nikka I got the albums.

Yes Snoop music with No Limit is inconsistent. Its hit or miss. Common knowledge

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I showed the proof P sold 4 million in one month. Thats the riaa certification its from their website. Riaa.com Look it up.

Never said Mystikal was bigger. I put Mystikal Lets Get Ready just for shyts to show you Snoop wasnt twice as big.

:stopitslime: They had 3 albums come out the same years. They put the same numbers up. Snoop was NOT twice as big. My point wasnt when Mystikal was on No Limit. I know when he was, nikka I got the albums.

Yes Snoop music with No Limit is inconsistent. Its hit or miss. Common knowledge

1) P would've had to sell 1 million per week to do 4 million in one month. He never sold 1 million copies in one week, not even close.

2) Who said Snoop Dogg was twice as big? What are you even talking about? Snoop did sell twice as much as Mystikal while both were on No Limit. Da Game Is To Be Sold sold twice as many copies as each of Mystikal's No Limit albums.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown:

you dont get it AT ALL.

its not about what was poppin DOWN THERE. everybody starts off local & regional, unless theyre a plant or just lucky.
this is about who putting the south on the map & opening the floodgates.

you up here listing a bunch of local yocals and i have no clue why.

:merchant:

Didn't you ask for labels/groups who were poppin' at the time? Didn't you say P opened the floodgates for The South? Are not all the artists/labels I listed from The South?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to address these so called "lies" that I've been telling before I expose the lies @Wacky D and @Keysopendoors have told.

1) Eightball & MJG were not regional. This is a group that consistently went gold (solos and group efforts) and over from 1995-1999. To say Eightball & MJG were regional is to say that Mobb Deep prior to Murda Muzik was regional.

2) No Limit did not make The South a viable market. Nobody else was selling records in The South who weren't selling records before. The only other Southern acts that started moving units during No Limit's run were No Limit artists. Again, you would not see an influx of Southern artists selling records until the early '00s. That is when the levies broke and you had Southern acts popping up from everywhere moving units. You had a new wave of Atlanta artists. You had the Houston movement. You had David Banner out of Mississippi moving units. Three Six Mafia became bigger. Snap, Trap, and Crunk dominated.

3) UGK pioneered the content that you would find on most No Limit albums. They were a staple on the biggest albums from the label. Again, Ridin' Dirty was a success without the videos or airplay.

4) Again, the most ridiculous claim in the thread is the notion that Mystikal was bigger than Snoop Dogg in the late '90's. As @Keysopendoors pointed out Da Game Is To Be Sold (Snoop's '98 album on No Limit) went 2X Platinum vs. Mystikal's Unpredictable which went 1X Platinum and Ghetto Fabulous which went 1X Platinum both releases in '97 and '98 respectively. So again, by his own data, Snoop outsold Mystikal 2:1.

Daps
1) P would've had to sell 1 million per week to do 4 million in one month. He never sold 1 million copies in one week, not even close.

2) Who said Snoop Dogg was twice as big? What are you even talking about? Snoop did sell twice as much as Mystikal while both were on No Limit. Da Game Is To Be Sold sold twice as many copies as each of Mystikal's No Limit albums.

I guess you never listened MP Da Last Don. You do know its a double disc right?

Do I need to explain to you how double disc certifications work?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now let me address these lies:

Lie #1: Master P sold 4 million records in one month. Your boy @Keysopendoors posted that garbage knowing full well that wasn't the case

Lie #2: Mystikal was more popular than Snoop Dogg in the 90's :laff:the RIAA debunked that argument for you

Lie #3: Nobody was selling like No Limit in The South in the 90's. OutKast was multi-platinum in the 90's and as your boy @Wacky D pointed out, Arrested Development was selling in the 90's too.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess you never listened MP Da Last Don. You do know its a double disc right?

Do I need to explain to you how double disc certifications work?

I think you need to explain it to yourself first because you're the one going around saying Da Last Don sold 4 million records and that it did it in one month.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
... And yes I own MP Da Last Don album and movie. It's the one with 3D hologram cover. Disc 1 is red and Disc 2 is blue.