Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
well none of this has to do with outkast seeing that they werent even around in these days, but i'll go off-topic just this once.

thats because I GREW UP ON THIS CHIT.
that mid-80s chit is what i was put onto before i knew what a year was.
same way the youngns that were raised up under me knew certain chit mad early.

now im not saying thats the norm. im not gonna get on you about that one. but the 8 year old comment? i gotta get on you. im not saying its the standard, but its common for kids that are cut like that.

if it sounds so absurd to you, then its simply because youre not from it.

then by 10, everybody is on it except the herbs.

now when did YOU get into rap?

Son you aren't a prodigy and when you are 7-8 years old, studying the impact of a record you couldn't even fully grasp makes no sense. Don't act like an 8 year old understands the world, has the people around him to properly discuss the album, or the mental capacity to do so in context. You can't even try to spin your way out of this one. So unless you are a prodigy ( you are not) and all your friends were twice your age or more, I find it hard to believe inbetween being a regular child that you were so advanced you could tell the impact of a record. On top of that, I already proved they had an impact and that is why they influenced the current crop of top producers and artists.

My parents had me while they were in high school so I grew up listening to rap music from the jump. Seeing as I was born years before you, I was already listening to records before you could speak. The difference between you and I is I am not pretending to know in detail things when I was a child because I had a child's brain. I knew what the words were but I didn't fully understand the words. Hearing 'Dont Push Me Cuz Im Close To The Edge' is a pretty easy to read but to fully understand what he meant as a grown black man struggling in New York is something that is missed on a child. I never had a job at that point. Never had to pay rent, didn't understand violence fully.

lol @ throwing up the white flag cuz I dapped you sarcastically.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Son you aren't a prodigy and when you are 7-8 years old, studying the impact of a record you couldn't even fully grasp makes no sense. Don't act like an 8 year old understands the world, has the people around him to properly discuss the album, or the mental capacity to do so in context. You can't even try to spin your way out of this one. So unless you are a prodigy ( you are not) and all your friends were twice your age or more, I find it hard to believe inbetween being a regular child that you were so advanced you could tell the impact of a record. On top of that, I already proved they had an impact and that is why they influenced the current crop of top producers and artists.

My parents had me while they were in high school so I grew up listening to rap music from the jump. Seeing as I was born years before you, I was already listening to records before you could speak. The difference between you and I is I am not pretending to know in detail things when I was a child because I had a child's brain. I knew what the words were but I didn't fully understand the words. Hearing 'Dont Push Me Cuz Im Close To The Edge' is a pretty easy to read but to fully understand what he meant as a grown black man struggling in New York is something that is missed on a child. I never had a job at that point. Never had to pay rent, didn't understand violence fully.

did you read my post at all?

i stalled you out til 10 years old dumbass.

i mostly hung with older kids. the only kids my age that i f*cked with like that back then(aside from a couple classmates) were either street kids or kids who were heavy into athletics.

thats why i pushed it to 10.

and i never claimed to be a child prodigy. thing is, if youre from the hood and not overly-sheltered, then you know. chit is just in the air. its un-explainable to those who need it explained. and im not even talking neccessarily the hood-hood. lol. ehh, this is gonna fall on def ears.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
On top of that, I already proved they had an impact and that is why they influenced the current crop of top producers and artists.

who are you talking about in the bolded?

anyway, i call bullchit. if you were listening to rap from jump, then nothing i said would sound foreign to you.

and "dont push me cuz im close to the edge" is a line that is cut-n-dry like a muhf*kka. i first heard that song when i was probably like 3 or 4 or some chit and its obvious what it is about.

did it ever cross your mind that it wasnt obvious TO YOU what the song was about because YOURE NOT BLACK?:mindblown:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
who are you talking about in the bolded?

anyway, i call bullchit. if you were listening to rap from jump, then nothing i said would sound foreign to you.

and "dont push me cuz im close to the edge" is a line that is cut-n-dry like a muhf*kka. i first heard that song when i was probably like 3 or 4 or some chit and its obvious what it is about.

did it ever cross your mind that it wasnt obvious TO YOU what the song was about because YOURE NOT BLACK?:mindblown:

You can call bullshyt all you want, it really doesn't matter. Like I said, listening to music and fully grasping music is two different things.

So at THREE YEARS OLD you understood the struggle in the song? You knew the difference between a white person's life and a black person's struggle? AT THREE? Stop. You didn't live any life to understand it all. This is my very last post in here. Your absurdity has reached new levels. I mean I am legit laughing really hard but it's absurd.

There you have it, at three years old, Wacky D understood systematic racism, the income gap and education gap between the groups, and what it is like to be living in New York during the 80s....all from his race car bed in Philly :dead:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You can call bullshyt all you want, it really doesn't matter. Like I said, listening to music and fully grasping music is two different things.

So at THREE YEARS OLD you understood the struggle in the song? You knew the difference between a white person's life and a black person's struggle? AT THREE? Stop. You didn't live any life to understand it all. This is my very last post in here. Your absurdity has reached new levels. I mean I am legit laughing really hard but it's absurd.

There you have it, at three years old, Wacky D understood systematic racism, the income gap and education gap between the groups, and what it is like to be living in New York during the 80s....all from his race car bed in Philly :dead:

i was being sarcastic with 3 dumbass. i dont know when i first heard that song.

i just know by the time i started school, i knew the song and its obvious what it meant. and for the record, yes, even beforehand, you have certain senses. adults AND kids talk that chit. and if youre black, you come up hearing it. same way whoever was around you talked that chit that they talked. kids arent aliens. its just that whatever was spoken on around you, didnt apply to what was being put down on wax by rappers. it has nothing to do with being a child prodigy or a hip-hop head.

who were you talking about in the bolded?

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I was pretty much done with this thread. I've only viewed this thread and dapped what I've agreed with since the last time I posted in it. I'm still entertained to say the least. If you're arguing from the perspective of "real heads" and then cite No Limit and CMR (two camps that were written off as gimmicks by people who claimed to be real heads) as being held in higher regard than OutKast, it's laughable.

you still dont get IT.

the streets chose no limit & CMR. theyre the ones. not the dungeon family. they had their chance. they were cool but niccas wasnt f*ckin with them LIKE THAT. listen man, HIP-HOP IS THE STREETS. thats the pinnacle of this rap chit. not the magazines, not the web forums and the blogs and the so-called purists. none of that chit. if youre not in tune with the streets, then thats cool. you can still participate & enjoy this chit but just know that youre an outsider when it comes to certain topics.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
let me reiterate, im not against suburban blacks, or stay-in-the-house niccas.
im not against white people or any of that chit.

not to sound generic, but some of the best posters on here are white. so im not trying to make this into a race issue. its just that the disconnect with some guys on here is because of their up-bringing. not just race, but their up-bringing in general. the same goes for the suburban blacks & black dudes that grew up in urban areas but stayed in the house.

and im not using that as a tool to have a one-up on someone. its just quicker to call that out, then it is to dance around it and continue arguing for 10 pages when you know the root of why youre arguing.

im just saying what needs to be said, when it needs to be said. i shouldnt even have to be saying this. not saying that im the only one, but theres alot more people on here that know better that dont say chit because they want to protect their daps & reps and bullchit like that. str8 b*tch niccas.

Last edited:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
you still dont get IT.

the streets chose no limit & CMR. theyre the ones. not the dungeon family. they had their chance. they were cool but niccas wasnt f*ckin with them LIKE THAT. listen man, HIP-HOP IS THE STREETS. thats the pinnacle of this rap chit. not the magazines, not the web forums and the blogs and the so-called purists. none of that chit. if youre not in tune with the streets, then thats cool. you can still participate & enjoy this chit but just know that youre an outsider when it comes to certain topics.

i made a song with a grammy award winning artist in Parliament Funkadelic ... and I play guitar like Eddie Hazel ... you are probably 6 years my senior and still a fakkit with no real instruction on music

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i made a song with a grammy award winning artist in Parliament Funkadelic ... and I play guitar like Eddie Hazel ... you are probably 6 years my senior and still a fakkit with no real instruction on music

i dont care if you sucked george clinton's dikk.

go that way weirdo.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
@JustCKing
another thing i dont like how youre in here trying to give props to dungeon family for stuff that they didnt do. and then you turn around and try to tear down the artists that actually did the chit, and take away their credit, just so that you can boost your personal favorites.

THAT RIGHT THERE is the epitome of revisionist history. and stuff like that is the reason why i go so hard against outkast. its also the reason why i go at certain other artists on here. you see the pattern?

its nothing personal against outkast. people think im some sort of outkast hater. they dont even cross my mind when im not on this site.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@JustCKing
another thing i dont like how youre in here trying to give props to dungeon family for stuff that they didnt do. and then you turn around and try to tear down the artists that actually did the chit, and take away their credit, just so that you can boost your personal favorites.

THAT RIGHT THERE is the epitome of revisionist history. and stuff like that is the reason why i go so hard against outkast. its also the reason why i go at certain other artists on here. you see the pattern?

its nothing personal against outkast. people think im some sort of outkast hater. they dont even cross my mind when im not on this site.

Again, I was a fan of No Limit even after it was no longer "cool" to be a fan. No Limit and CMR definitely made it's mark on Hip Hop. The thing is neither No Limit, CMR, or Dungeon Family put The South on the map. Saying so implies that Geto Boys, UGK, Eightball & MJG, and 2 Live Crew didn't exist. What Dungeon Family did do, however is break new ground musically and made people look at the South differently. Dungeon Family was already puttin' on for The South when No Limit was still reppin' the West hard. Not only were they making Southern anthems, but they also made it a point that they weren't taking any disrespect from those who talked down on The South. They were saying that on "Myintroletuknow" off the first album. OutKast was doing this on a major level to the point where they were defending the entire South on a main stage years before Master P or No Limit was a thing. Revisionist history is making it like No Limit and CMR opened up all these doors for The South, when that door was already kicked it before they even impacted.

No Limit and CMR weren't doing anything that was different from what Geto Boys, Eightball & MJG, and 2 Live Crew were doing. No Limit and CMR were more so novelty acts than Kast, Geto Boys, and Eightball & MJG. That's evidenced by how quickly so called No Limit fans jumped ship and started riding with CMR.

What you're trying to do is boost No Limit and CMR to a plateau that they just weren't on.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Again, I was a fan of No Limit even after it was no longer "cool" to be a fan. No Limit and CMR definitely made it's mark on Hip Hop. The thing is neither No Limit, CMR, or Dungeon Family put The South on the map. Saying so implies that Geto Boys, UGK, Eightball & MJG, and 2 Live Crew didn't exist. What Dungeon Family did do, however is break new ground musically and made people look at the South differently. Dungeon Family was already puttin' on for The South when No Limit was still reppin' the West hard. Not only were they making Southern anthems, but they also made it a point that they weren't taking any disrespect from those who talked down on The South. They were saying that on "Myintroletuknow" off the first album. OutKast was doing this on a major level to the point where they were defending the entire South on a main stage years before Master P or No Limit was a thing. Revisionist history is making it like No Limit and CMR opened up all these doors for The South, when that door was already kicked it before they even impacted.

No Limit and CMR weren't doing anything that was different from what Geto Boys, Eightball & MJG, and 2 Live Crew were doing. No Limit and CMR were more so novelty acts than Kast, Geto Boys, and Eightball & MJG. That's evidenced by how quickly so called No Limit fans jumped ship and started riding with CMR.

What you're trying to do is boost No Limit and CMR to a plateau that they just weren't on.

1st off, let me say, i have a thread with your name on it - not literally, but a thread that you'll luv. watch your tags.

how am i trying to boost no limit & cash money to a plateau that they werent on when theyre by far the 2 most popular entities to ever come out of the south????? the only one doing the boosting is yall trying to boost outkast. if they were anyhere near as popular & impactful as no limit & CMR, not only would yall be trying to rewrite rap history, but yall would start trying to rewrite scriptures in hopes of including them into the BIBLE.

UGK, 8ball & MJG were regional breh. they shouldnt be getting mentioned AT ALL right now. this is the problem, and this is not a diss, but youre too much of an A and B thinker. you have to be able to think critically when you talk about these things.

i never said no limit put the south on the map. and im not even the one that brought cash money into the convo.

BOTTOM LINE:
1. 2 live crew put the south on the map
2. rap-a-lot solidified it in terms of being known for more than just so-called booty music.

3. no limit wasnt the first but they were easily the biggest pioneers of them all. they broke the south in as a viable region comparable to the east & west. and they opened up the floodgates for more south rappers to make noise nationally. look at all the south rappers & labels that got deals & pushes off the strength of what no limit did. they literally changed the landscape of hip-hop, all while being independent and never shoved down the public's throats. these dudes even did a nationwide SPORTS ARENA tour with just their own artists during a period when these types of tours were scarce, even with very little acknowledgement from the media. to this day, theres never been a south tour like that. i could go on & on with their resume actually. its ridiculous what they accomplished, especially considering that the powers-that-be behind the curtain wanted them gone.

4. if there was a mt rushmore for the south, it would have to include master p, j.prince, luke skywalker, and the 4th one would be the birdman. and this is where cash money comes in. they came thru on no limit's back and they owe no limit for that. but they did a better job of fitting into east coast culture and urban mainstream culture, basically etching the south's place in stone.

there were other acts that broke thru in the midst of this,that did their thing but they couldve easily never existed and nothing wouldve been different without them. thats not to say that they werent good or didnt have their own run, but they didnt move the needle FOR THE SOUTH. dungeon family had their own lane(s) and they milked it but it didnt benefit the south. then its guys like jermaine dupri(who im a fan of, btw) who had a great run, but is sour because he doesnt get props as a pioneer. and granted, he should be getting more props for atlanta, but in terms of advancing the south as a region, the guy couldve easily just been from jersey or somewhere and did what he did. he was moreso puff's main competitor for the clubs. he just didnt move the needle FOR THE SOUTH and i say this as a fan. so when i say the same thing about dungeon family, its not because im a hater. it just is what it is. people just want to label me as a hater because it goes against their false beliefs and they cant structure a legit argument.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i like @JustCKing im sure he prolly hates me, but i fuxx wit the bul.

he just has a warped outlook on the rap game. its like somebody told him to skip basic training and str8 handed him a combat pack.

im not saying he has to agree with me all the time or anything like that, but he has no fundamentals in his line-of-thinking. if he did, he'd be a problem on here. im gonna make it my duty to whip him into shape. PAUSE. hes gonna be elite when im done wit em.