Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
i know right?

aquemini is a 4 tops.
really i give it 3.75

we covered that for like 20 pages already.
Nah. I'm fine with it being called a classic. I take issue with the comment that it's better than most of the other 5 mic albums, when its the other way around really.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Nah. I'm fine with it being called a classic. I take issue with the comment that it's better than most of the other 5 mic albums, when its the other way around really.

album had more flaws than a teenage acne face.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol.

youre proving my point and you dont even realize it.

but yet they still did big pimpin..........and they were still stuck at square one.
they did sizzzurrpp and no limit songs.........and they were still stuck at square one.

what more do you want? they just didnt have IT on a national scale.

How exactly am I proving your point? The fact that you're comparing a crew who dropped 9 albums in the 90's to a label that dropped like 30-40 albums in a span of two years says a lot. You're essentially comparing OutKast's first three albums, Goodie's first three albums, Cool Breeze's album, Society of Soul's album, and Witchdoctor's album to nearly an entire roster at No Limit. Similarly, you're comparing CMR dropping 7 albums within a year to Dungeon Family droppin' 9 albums within 5 years. Then when you're looking at the impact of these albums, you're talking Kast's first three albums and Goodie Mob's first two. Only a handful of albums from CMR and No Limit made that type of impact out of everything they dropped (Ghetto D, Ice Cream Man, 400 Degreez, Chopper City In The Ghetto, and Guerilla Warfare).

OutKast (Dungeon Family) wasn't void of criticism. OutKast was a progressive group. Each album reached for a different sound. Southernplayalistic is their most traditional album. From there, they moved toward a more Funk driven, soulful sound that relied more on live instrumentation. Their direction brought them more acclaim, but alienated (no pun) some of the people that liked the first album. OutKast wasn't some backpack group. They caught criticism because you couldn't really put them into a box. You look silly saying they were backpackers when they had songs like "Player's Ball", "Hootie Hoo", "Two Dope Boyz", "Return of The 'G'", "West Savannah", "Benz or Beamer" and several others. They weren't gangsta rappers either.

And again, "Big Pimpin" was one song, which is why the label wanted a part two complete with a Jay verse, and a Hype Wiliams video. UGK could've been bigger. This is a group who went gold without radio or video play. They don't have many videos period. "Sippin' On Syrup" wasn't going to cross them over either because it was still essentially a Southern anthem not far removed from what they were already doing. Instead of capitalizing on the buzz from "Big Pimpin", they spent years fighting their label on what exactly: trying to cross them over. UGK was having it.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
How exactly am I proving your point? The fact that you're comparing a crew who dropped 9 albums in the 90's to a label that dropped like 30-40 albums in a span of two years says a lot.

:wtf:

what are you talking about? that has nothing to do with what im talking about.

youre not just on a different page. youre reading out of a different book. you typed a whole lot of stuff too.:laugh:

like i said, you dont get IT. theres a communication gap here.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Whenever anyone says there's no such thing as a wrong opinion, show them a Wack D post.

whenever anyone says theres no such thing as a dikkhead, show me a miss ken post.

btw, why am i not surprised to see your weird ass in here complaining? chit is like clockwork.

told yall outkast has the most embarrasing fans. another reason why they could never be goats. add that to the list.

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
worst thread of the day

told yall outkast has the most embarrasing fans. another reason why they could never be goats. add that to the list.

nah bro, whoever you're a fan of, thats who has the most embarrassing fans

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
lmao how do homers not know they are homers.

You call me a homer, cause I'm from Atlanta, and 99% only care to discuss shyt that I know.

:shaq2: so youre admitting that youre a homer.

ole "my teachers used to play the hometown rap stars' album so they must be the goats" ass dude.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
:shaq2: so youre admitting that youre a homer.

ole "my teachers used to play the hometown rap stars' album so they must be the goats" ass dude.

Are you retarded... what is homer one of those internet diss words? like troll, stan , and vulture.. .Cac... lmao... You walking around here acting like Im supposed to be offended for knowing information about the location i am in.

Who are you hometown rap stars. Did they go diamond? Do they have Grammys? Are they almost 15/20 times platinum. If not then what the fukk are you even in here for. How do you even have the perspective to join this conversation. You don't. Here to be a coli hater and say stupid shyt for daps

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
most of those 20 million records were sold after they became a joke....and most of that wasnt even hip-hop at all.

giphy.gif

Your Opinion is some subjective shyt that's not really important....

I hope everyone NEGS da fukk outta u

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
tier 2 in terms of what?

all-time, i can agree. but for their era, mobb deep was tier 1.

they had more influence & staying power than outkast too.

a mobb deep thread can strike up a huge argument. an outkast thread will just be a jerk-fest for their fans. you see the difference?
Lol,what? You serious? I dont even fukk with Kast like that but Mobb was never really important. Love their first album but they wasnt popping like that

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Your Opinion is some subjective shyt that's not really important....

I hope everyone NEGS da fukk outta u

youre like 50 posting this silly chit.

THIS CANT BE L;IFE.

kast stans of all ages are embarrassing i see.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Are you retarded... what is homer one of those internet diss words? like troll, stan , and vulture.. .Cac... lmao... You walking around here acting like Im supposed to be offended for knowing information about the location i am in.

Who are you hometown rap stars. Did they go diamond? Do they have Grammys? Are they almost 15/20 times platinum. If not then what the fukk are you even in here for. How do you even have the perspective to join this conversation. You don't. Here to be a coli hater and say stupid shyt for daps

homer isnt internet lingo.

my hometown produced bigger stars than yours, including the biggest household name in rap history. so i dont know why youre trying to take it there.

the point is, i know whos who from the town. who they are and who they arent.

im not in here saying stupid chit like the roots are goat because my chemistry teacher kept their catalog in his whip.