Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
In terms of popularity, regional still means they were only popular in their respective region.

I haven't spent an entire weekend trying to justify anything. You've spent an ENTIRE 4 YEARS arguing the importance of OutKast.

I think you're bitter because you feel like they dissed you. In your delusional world where you think you're the authority on everything Hip Hop, I think these words were ether that still has your soul burning:

Just ain't the same gang of nerds on the internet
Slanndering your name behind that screen name
They're lame and their life is pretty plain
M&M's with no nuts
Won't show up face-to-face straight bytch made
Like puppies on the nipples of a mutt

lol. im the one that just told YOU what regional means.:mjlol: now youre repeating me, and acting like youre doing the schooling.

as for this other stuff, what the hell are you talking about? do you even know?

you need an abusive boyfriend to beat some sense into you.
im not the one to do it tho ma. all i can do is fallback and avoid the headache.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
you still quotin' me when i already said, "i'm out"

and for the record, i'm black

like i said, you wanna argue just to argue because even after i said peace and whatever, i'm out, you still comin' at me

i ain't got time for this shyt, man

this is my last reply to this thread, i'm gone, man

i'll come at you all i want. you came in MY thread trolling me.

now you want to save face and get the last word in front of your internet buddies.
not happening.

i didnt speculate on your race. i said youre using white devil tactics. READ UP.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol. im the one that just told YOU what regional means.:mjlol: now youre repeating me, and acting like youre doing the schooling.

as for this other stuff, what the hell are you talking about? do you even know?

you need an abusive boyfriend to beat some sense into you.

You didn't know what regional meant. You're out here and don't really know anything. That's what's funny.

As for all that other jazz. I know you're not trying to call someone a female and you're out here holding grudges against a group like a scorned bitter ex lover who was jilted at the altar.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You didn't know what regional meant. You're out here and don't really know anything. That's what's funny.

As for all that other jazz. I know you're not trying to call someone a female and you're out here holding grudges against a group like a scorned bitter ex lover who was jilted at the altar.

read your transcript. youre the one that had an offbrand meaning of regional. i corrected you......then you repeated my words, pretending that you were schooling me.:laugh:

i wasnt trying to call you a female. i was under the impression that you are one. and you still havnt cleared that up.:manny:

im not holding a grudge against anybody. im just talking rap. or at least i was up until this page.

yall the ones up here catching feelings. not me.:heh:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
read your transcript. youre the one that had an offbrand meaning of regional. i corrected you......then you repeated my words, pretending that you were schooling me.

i wasnt trying to call you a female. i was under the impression that you are one.:manny:

im not holding a grudge against anybody. im just talking rap. or at least i was up until this page.

yall the ones up here catching feelings.:mjlol:

Regional =/= popularity. That would imply that region is synonymous with popular. You know what it means and region has to do with part or specific area. If a group is regional, it means they aren't widely known outside of that. National would mean that a group is known all over the country and international means they are worldwide. You obviously don't grasp the concept.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Regional =/= popularity. That would imply that region is synonymous with popular. You know what it means and region has to do with part or specific area. If a group is regional, it means they aren't widely known outside of that. National would mean that a group is known all over the country and international means they are worldwide. You obviously don't grasp the concept.

everybody mentioned in this thread is known all over.
they all had videos on BET.

its not about being known. its about how far your wave stretches.

UGK, 8ball & mjg, suave house were not poppin across the board.

why is this so hard for you to comprehend? youre taking us backwards as a people.

the fact that you even compared suave house to no limit is yet another indication that youre not qualified to speak on this particular side-topic.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
everybody mentioned in this thread is known all over.
they all had videos on BET.

its not about being known. its about how far your wave stretches.

UGK, 8ball & mjg, suave house were not poppin across the board.

why is this so hard for you to comprehend? youre taking us backwards as a people.

the fact that you even compared suave house to no limit is yet another indication that youre not qualified to speak on this particular side-topic.

You're making up criteria.

UGK was regional and that's by choice. They weren't trying to be huge. The only validation they wanted was validation from The South. Pimp C even dissed BET.

Eightball & MJG and Suave House were bigger than just The South. Eightball had a Source cover. Their videos were on BET. They were doing features with artists outside of The South. Rakim had a Suave House remix on his album.

Master P even saw Suave House as equals.
:camby:at you talking about taking us backwards as a people in a discussion about a music group. Then to top it off, you still don't know what regional means.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You're making up criteria.

UGK was regional and that's by choice. They weren't trying to be huge. The only validation they wanted was validation from The South. Pimp C even dissed BET.

Eightball & MJG and Suave House were bigger than just The South. Eightball had a Source cover. Their videos were on BET. They were doing features with artists outside of The South. Rakim had a Suave House remix on his album.

Master P even saw Suave House as equals.
:camby:at you talking about taking us backwards as a people in a discussion about a music group. Then to top it off, you still don't know what regional means.

UGK wasnt regional by choice. LOL. they were signed to a major and on TV. and pimp c stayed whining. they werent regional by choice at all. dont kid yourself.

so because 8ball was on the cover of the source and did collaborations, that means he wasnt regional?

no disrespect but im done with this. if you want to argue about one of the MANY other points that i brought up, then we can keep this going. maybe you can enlighten me on something. but as far as the posts we've been exchanging this weekend are concerned, youre in way over your head. you dont even understand the term regional.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Future
Young Thug
B.o.B
2 Chainz
Killer Mike
Janelle Monae
Rich Homie Quan
Migos

Acts right off the top of my head (there's some I've missed) - who've either said directly they're influenced by Outkast or have traces of their shyt in their music. And that's only from Georgia - the biggest artist in the game for the last few years (hell, the TWO biggest artists) have Outkast running right through their music. Either you're not paying attention or you're lost as to what their sound really is, because you can't pinpoint it like you would Wu-Tang or Mobb Deep.

i'll give you BOB, killer mike & monae. but monae isnt a rapper, and nobody really cares about the other two.

the outkast influence in the rest of these artists is either minimal or not noticeable. and theyre dam sure not the aspects of these rappers' styles that made them popular - which is the true basis of when influence is brought up.

its like when that outkast fanatic recently made that thread about how it seems like outkast never existed in atlanta. these are outkast fans that filled up that thread.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Is this dude from Boston?
1* off that alone

:what:

so because the guy in my avi plays for the celtics, that means im from boston?

the type of fans that outkast attracts are embarrassing. another reason why theyll never be goats. lack of cool points.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
UGK wasnt regional by choice. LOL. they were signed to a major and on TV. and pimp c stayed whining. they werent regional by choice at all. dont kid yourself.

so because 8ball was on the cover of the source and did collaborations, that means he wasnt regional?

no disrespect but im done with this. if you want to argue about one of the MANY other points that i brought up, then we can keep this going. maybe you can enlighten me on something. but as far as the posts we've been exchanging this weekend are concerned, youre in way over your head. you dont even understand the term regional.

You're not familiar with UGK if you think they weren't regional by choice. All of these groups you're claiming to be regional were on TV. Them being signed to Jive doesn't mean that UGK wasn't regional by choice. They weren't out there catering to an audience outside of The South. Pimp C made it a point that the music that UGK made was "country rap tunes" and at points kind of separated what UGK did from Hip Hop because The South wasn't getting respect. In response to the South not getting the respect that Pimp C felt it should, he pretty much :pacspit: at anyone talking down on Southern music.

And again, you don't know the meaning of regional. Artists as big as Mase and Foxy Brown were at the time aren't reaching out to collaborate with regional artists.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You're not familiar with UGK if you think they weren't regional by choice. All of these groups you're claiming to be regional were on TV. Them being signed to Jive doesn't mean that UGK wasn't regional by choice. They weren't out there catering to an audience outside of The South. Pimp C made it a point that the music that UGK made was "country rap tunes" and at points kind of separated what UGK did from Hip Hop because The South wasn't getting respect. In response to the South not getting the respect that Pimp C felt it should, he pretty much :pacspit: at anyone talking down on Southern music.

And again, you don't know the meaning of regional. Artists as big as Mase and Foxy Brown were at the time aren't reaching out to collaborate with regional artists.

stop being a sucka.
and stop believing the bullchit that these rappers say in interviews to make themselves look thurl.

nobody is regional by choice. there are artists who are comfortable and content with being regional but nobody gets into this chit with being regionally popular as their main goal. if pimp c wanted to stay regional, he wouldnt have whined and complained the way he did for years. he wouldnt have signed with jive records either. at best, he wouldve signed to an indie.

regional artists collab with national and other regional artists from other parts of the country all the time. hell, theres artists that arent even popular LOCALLY that do records with big name rappers. lol. smarten up already.

and pimp c used to talk alot of bullchit. you up here referencing his BET rants. he was mad at rap city because HIS videos werent poppin. not because they werent showing love to the south. they were the main vehicle that highlighted the south back in the '90s. he used to play the south card for public sympathy. you lil dudes watch his videos in retrospect after his unfortunate death, and drool over that dumb chit. i respect UGK for sticking to the script and not catering to other coasts, but that doesnt mean that they wouldve blew up if they tried to cater. pimp c's style doesnt even translate well enough for them to even attempt to cater to the outside. and just because they did country rap tunes, it doesnt mean that theyre meant to be regional. i mean, we're in a dam outkast thread for crying out loud. it doesnt get much more country than them, and they were never regional at any point.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
stop being a sucka.
and stop believing the bullchit that these rappers say in interviews to make themselves look thurl.

nobody is regional by choice. there are artists who are comfortable and content with being regional but nobody gets into this chit with being regionally popular as their main goal. if pimp c wanted to stay regional, he wouldnt have whined and complained the way he did for years. he wouldnt have signed with jive records either. at best, he wouldve signed to an indie.

regional artists collab with national and other regional artists from other parts of the country all the time. hell, theres artists that arent even popular LOCALLY that do records with big name rappers. lol. smarten up already.

and pimp c used to talk alot of bullchit. you up here referencing his BET rants. he was mad at rap city because HIS videos werent poppin. not because they werent showing love to the south. they were the main vehicle that highlighted the south back in the '90s. he used to play the south card for public sympathy. you lil dudes watch his videos in retrospect after his unfortunate death, and drool over that dumb chit. i respect UGK for sticking to the script and not catering to other coasts, but that doesnt mean that they wouldve blew up if they tried to cater. pimp c's style doesnt even translate well enough for them to even attempt to cater to the outside. and just because they did country rap tunes, it doesnt mean that theyre meant to be regional. i mean, we're in a dam outkast thread for crying out loud. it doesnt get much more country than them, and they were never regional at any point.

See this is your issue. Pimp C's statements didn't come from some interview. These are statements he's made on songs. Him saying:

And this ain't no muthafukkin' hip hop records, fukk ass nikka;
These country rap tunes
So, you could separate us from the rest..

Sounds like an artist that was perfectly fine with being regional. That's his words at the end of "Let Me See It". "Quit Hatin' The South" and "Belts To Match" are other songs where he's speaking on the same thing at the end of the song.

Now you're calling someone dumb, but you're the most flip fopping, schizophrenic poster on The Coli. First, you criticize posters by assuming they get all their information about Hip Hop from the television and media, yet here you are allowing what was played on BET to dictate the popularity of an artist. Then to top it off, you're talking about popularity. This is coming from someone who claims to be "a culture guy".

Regional artists and national artists collaborating is the norm now. In the 90's, that wasn't the case. You couldn't just e-mail a verse. It wasn't that simple. See you'd know that if you really were a culture guy.

He didn't play the South card for sympathy. He didn't care about people outside of The South liking UGK. He made it a point in pointing that out on several records. The fact that you think "country rap tunes" means sounding country speaks of your ignorance. "Country rap tunes" didn't refer to Southern rap as a whole, it referred specifically to what UGK was doing. Unlike many groups out at the time, UGK didn't care if people didn't consider what they did as Hip Hop, so he came up with "Country Rap Tunes" to describe their music.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:heh: this is cute.

@JustCKing youre a nice guy, but this has reached a dead end breh. its like im talking to a wall.

to be real & cut to the chase, the problem is you have ZERO hip-hop acumen and you lack street smarts.

btw, i have some magic beans for sale.