Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I tried getting into them but couldn't

Even as a kid I didn't care for them , I honestly had no idea they was so popular , same with Jay Z I only knew him from the Rush Hour soundtrack

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
how you gon' answer every damn response for 70 pages :mjlol:

easy.

because its my thread and im supposed to.
im not one of those lames that bait a disussion that does numbers without adding to it.

plus, im not a simpleton. and most of these dudes are childs play. which side are you on?:sas1:

@Wacky D got the all time record for words usage in a single thread. And i only looked at the first and last page..

:merchant:

He serious about this outkast bidness

How do you out bar @Art Barr :ohhh:

LOL

but nah, i dont care about outkast. im serious about this hip-hop.

shoutout to @Art Barr. i take that as a compliment.

we old school posters. we get this chit in for real cuzzo. people coming in here, thinking they can just throw chit at the wall like "TADDAH!!!". but that chitty-chit aint flying over here.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
And while we're at it. It's laughable to call No Limit and CMR ground breaking in regard to "breaking" Southern Hip Hop, when DF had this before No Limit and CMR blew up:

:mjlol:

so because they made a video called "dirty south", theyre the ones that broke ground?

this is what im talking about man. you have no sense of perspective on anything. even the most common knowledge of things.

i see you made a long-winded post before this. im scared to read it, let alone be forced to respond to it. i can only imagine the f*ckery.:mindblown:

Dungeon Family were more viable in The South than No Limit and CMR. Pimp C asked Gipp (of Goodie Mob) if he could borrow his flow for his verse on "Big Pimpin". Master P bit TRU's "Hoody Hoo" from Kast. ATL trap rappers got their style from Cool Breeze. Kast were in rotation before many knew what a No Limit Records was. Master P was still on the West Coast making West Coast music back when Kast blew up. CMR wasn't even on the radar.

In terms of longevity, No Limit was pretty much finished by 2001, Dungeon Family still had acts that were going strong. CMR was pretty much broken up at that point. Lil' Wayne (who even cites Andre 3000 and Cee Lo Green as influences) changed his style and gave them a second wind with the Carter series, his mixtapes, and Young Money.

:deadmanny:

WELCOME TO THE COLI LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!!! the place where the rappers that really ran chit are brushed off in hindsight as fads, while the middle of the road rappers that people really didnt care about like that are revised into the history books as groundbreaking goats. WELCOME TO THE INTERNET!!!!!!

if dungeon family was more viable than no limit & cash money, then why didnt they blow the south up into what it became? they had a 3-year head start and the biggest machine in black music constantly pushing them. the south made no progression whatsoever when they were the main southern crew on TV. the vast majority of their fans dont even like southern hip-hop.:laugh: the south was still in the same position that rap-a-lot left it at until master p came thru. you dudes can rewrite all the history that you want.

lol. who cares if pimp c borrowed big gipp's flow? that record wouldve been just as big if pimp c wasnt even on it.
hoody hoo isnt what made that TRU song popular. they couldve used a different hook and it wouldve had the same results. come on man. get with the chits.
the homie cool breeze was one of the fore-fathers of trap, but hes far from being the guy that most trap rappers got their style from. cut it out man.

what dungeon family acts were still going strong in 2001?:heh:

now youre trying to credit andre & cee-lo for lil wayne? wayne got most his style from major figgas, dipset, & jay-z. f*ckin gillie da kid wrote the majority of his signature breakthrough album. you up here talking about andre & cee-lo. the influence they had on wayne is the stuff the he gets clowned for.

and wayne didnt give cash money a second wind. he was carrying the big tymers' luggage for years after the hot boys broke up. the big tymers were the stars of that label while wayne was floppin left & right. they even had to bring juvenile back - or made it look like they brought him back when he fulfilled his contract. whatever that situation was.

Future not a completely different rapper and it's not Kast fans that bring him up. Future fans bring up that point to legitimize Future. There's songs from Future where sounds like Gipp from Goodie Mob.

youre too caught up in the internet. future fans use the dungeon family to legitimize future on these forums, but nobody cares about that chit in real life.

future rapped completely differently back then and his name was MEATBALL.. and most people dont even know he was with them. dungeon family wasnt even that popular, and he was in one of their c-team groups. maybe even d-team.:laugh: rocko is the guy who was his launching pad down south. only on the internet do yall keep bringing up that low-level joe ass group that he was in. you dudes are so despereate to make outkast's legacy into something more, its hillarious.

LOL at you talking about The Source being Kast fanatics and then bring up Benzino. Benzino didn't block anything. In fact, he was at the helm when The Source gave Kast five mics in the 90s. A far different Source that gave Kanye West five mics in 2010..

benzino wasnt hands on with everything. he wasnt dictating mics. but word was that he stepped in and blocked that 5 mic rating for SPCM. and he allegedly thought outkast was bullchit - one of the reasons they got booed at the source, not just cuz theyre from the south. but the TV aint gonna tell you all that.

In regard to Eminem, if you claim that people hold Andre 3000 in high regard because of that line, it's contradictory and hypocritical not to say the same about Jada and some of the other MC's he mentioned. In terms of most people who listen to Jada not listening to Eminem, Jadakiss didn't get that memo. Eminem is on a Jadakiss album on a song called "Welcome to D-Block". Why are you throwing Eminem on a song that bares the name of your crew if your core listeners aren't fans? Furthermore, Eminem even produced the song.

I'm not the one out of touch. You're the one who formulates outlandish and ludicrous statements from inside of a bubble.

i dont even know what eminem line youre talking about in regards to andre, jada, redman, kurupt and them. so i dont know how im being hypocritical about anything. LOL. you drunk man?

all i know is eminem has nothing to do with people putting jadakiss in their top 5s. thats the only comment i made about that chit.

he threw eminem on that album in hopes of boosting his sales - which is one of the reasons why jada never made a classic LP by himself. always chasing the crossover.

barely anybody even likes that song, and NOBODY likes that beat eminem did. LOL. youre so out of touch, its hillarious. but yet, you try to tell me that im the one in a bubble.

listen man, i like you. youre a nice guy and stuff. i think we should just leave it here, beause the next step is gonna be disrespectful posting on both ends, and i wouldnt feel right going thru that with you.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

so because they made a video called "dirty south", theyre the ones that broke ground?

this is what im talking about man. you have no sense of perspective on anything. even the most common knowledge of things.

i see you made a long-winded post before this. im scared to read it, let alone be forced to respond to it. i can only imagine the f*ckery.:mindblown:

:deadmanny:

WELCOME TO THE COLI LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!!! the place where the rappers that really ran chit are brushed off in hindsight as fads, while the middle of the road rappers that people really didnt care about like that are revised into the history books as groundbreaking goats. WELCOME TO THE INTERNET!!!!!!

if dungeon family was more viable than no limit & cash money, then why didnt they blow the south up into what it became? they had a 3-year head start and the biggest machine in black music constantly pushing them. the south made no progression whatsoever when they were the main southern crew on TV. the vast majority of their fans dont even like southern hip-hop.:laugh: the south was still in the same position that rap-a-lot left it at until master p came thru. you dudes can rewrite all the history that you want.

lol. who cares if pimp c borrowed big gipp's flow? that record wouldve been just as big if pimp c wasnt even on it.
hoody hoo isnt what made that TRU song popular. they couldve used a different hook and it wouldve had the same results. come on man. get with the chits.
the homie cool breeze was one of the fore-fathers of trap, but hes far from being the guy that most trap rappers got their style from. cut it out man.

what dungeon family acts were still going strong in 2001?:heh:

now youre trying to credit andre & cee-lo for lil wayne? wayne got most his style from major figgas, dipset, & jay-z. f*ckin gillie da kid wrote the majority of his signature breakthrough album. you up here talking about andre & cee-lo. the influence they had on wayne is the stuff the he gets clowned for.

and wayne didnt give cash money a second wind. he was carrying the big tymers' luggage for years after the hot boys broke up. the big tymers were the stars of that label while wayne was floppin left & right. they even had to bring juvenile back - or made it look like they brought him back when he fulfilled his contract. whatever that situation was.

youre too caught up in the internet. future fans use the dungeon family to legitimize future on these forums, but nobody cares about that chit in real life.

future rapped completely differently back then and his name was MEATBALL.. and most people dont even know he was with them. dungeon family wasnt even that popular, and he was in one of their c-team groups. maybe even d-team.:laugh: rocko is the guy who was his launching pad down south. only on the internet do yall keep bringing up that low-level joe ass group that he was in. you dudes are so despereate to make outkast's legacy into something more, its hillarious.

benzino wasnt hands on with everything. he wasnt dictating mics. but word was that he stepped in and blocked that 5 mic rating for SPCM. and he allegedly thought outkast was bullchit - one of the reasons they got booed at the source, not just cuz theyre from the south. but the TV aint gonna tell you all that.

i dont even know what eminem line youre talking about in regards to andre, jada, redman, kurupt and them. so i dont know how im being hypocritical about anything. LOL. you drunk man?

all i know is eminem has nothing to do with people putting jadakiss in their top 5s. thats the only comment i made about that chit.

he threw eminem on that album in hopes of boosting his sales - which is one of the reasons why jada never made a classic LP by himself. always chasing the crossover.

barely anybody even likes that song, and NOBODY likes that beat eminem did. LOL. youre so out of touch, its hillarious. but yet, you try to tell me that im the one in a bubble.

listen man, i like you. youre a nice guy and stuff. i think we should just leave it here, beause the next step is gonna be disrespectful posting on both ends, and i wouldnt feel right going thru that with you.

It wasn't just because they made a song called Dirty South. It's because they coined something that became synonymous with The South. On top of that, it's a song that influenced many rappers that came after. "Bumping Goodie Mob Soul Food number fo, Other rappers' old dudes told dudes I'ma pro"--- T.I., "Top Back".

Wayne himself has stated Andre 3000 and Cee Lo were influential on his style. That's not me making up stuff for the sake of making it up. Wayne gave CMR a second wind. When Juve, B.G., and Turk bounced, Wayne gradually became the biggest artist in Hip Hop. Due to that success, you had Young Money (an extension of CMR) taking off.

Whether "Big Pimpin" would've been successful without Pimp C isn't the point (his verse is still the most sampled and bitten part of the song though). The fact is, of all rappers, he personally asked Gipp if he could borrow his flow. That's a fact. Why didn't he borrow P or Juvenile's flow?

Why are you arguing perspective, when you don't have one? The premise of this thread is you attempting to debunk an opinion. If someone holds OutKast as an elite group, who are you to say they are not? You hide behind this Hip Hop head facade to pass off your own opinion as the opinion of an entire group. The only one who lacks perspective is you.

You're critical of how I post, yet you still respond to it.

Welcome to The Coli where delusional posters will pass off one album wonders as groups who ran something.

Future is still Dungeon Family whether he's Meatball, Pepperoni, or Present, or whatever name he wants to call himself.
:laff: No Limit and CMR did not blow The South up. Southern rappers were successful before No Limit and CMR were even thought of. Dungeon Family was a big deal before they even came up. When No Limit came out, they had a two year window of success and people moved on to CMR.

Benzino blocking SPCM from getting 5 mics is irrelevant , when he was at the helm when they gave Aquemini 5 mics.

If yout don't know what Eminem line I'm talking about, why are you even discussing it. You responded to something that I posted in response to someone else. That's why you're lost.

LOL @ putting Eminem on an album to boost sales. No rapper has ever sold more records by putting Eminem on their album. Dre's 2001 sold more copies than SSLP (arguably Em benefited more from being on his album than vice versa), Jay Z's previous albums sold more than the ones with Em features and production. Same goes for T.I. and Nas.

I could care less, who likes or doesn't like "Welcome to D Block". The fact is Jada placed Eminem on a crew song, not a single as if intended for his core fan base.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I
You're critical of how I post, yet you still respond to it..

of course.

- youre a good guy or girl, or whatever. i wouldnt feel right giving you the curve.
- its my thread. im the host. i have no choice.
- i love to argue.
- i respect the fact that you stayed to fight, instead of throwing insults or negs & running.

and yea, i hope youre a female cuz im finna get all up in that ass. pause for the cause.

Welcome to The Coli where delusional posters will pass off one album wonders as groups who ran something.

dont try to reverse my lines & throw em back at me. you not wavy. it wont work for you.

who are these one-album wonders that youre referring to?:mjlol:

youre exposing the hell out of yourself right now b.

It wasn't just because they made a song called Dirty South. It's because they coined something that became synonymous with The South. On top of that, it's a song that influenced many rappers that came after. "Bumping Goodie Mob Soul Food number fo, Other rappers' old dudes told dudes I'ma pro"--- T.I., "Top Back".

Whether "Big Pimpin" would've been successful without Pimp C isn't the point (his verse is still the most sampled and bitten part of the song though). The fact is, of all rappers, he personally asked Gipp if he could borrow his flow. That's a fact. Why didn't he borrow P or Juvenile's flow?

are you serious with this chit breh?

so because they coined a phrase, theyre responsible for blowing the south up?

do you even know what youre saying right now?

dont even get me started on the big pimpin logic. how old are you breh?

Wayne himself has stated Andre 3000 and Cee Lo were influential on his style. That's not me making up stuff for the sake of making it up. Wayne gave CMR a second wind. When Juve, B.G., and Turk bounced, Wayne gradually became the biggest artist in Hip Hop. Due to that success, you had Young Money (an extension of CMR) taking off.

they were influential but they were clearly not the main influences - who he doesnt want to mention.

stop taking these lil interviews at face value. especially when its dudes with skeletons in their closet.

Why are you arguing perspective, when you don't have one? The premise of this thread is you attempting to debunk an opinion. If someone holds OutKast as an elite group, who are you to say they are not? You hide behind this Hip Hop head facade to pass off your own opinion as the opinion of an entire group. The only one who lacks perspective is you..

opinions are like a$$holes. everybody has one.

that doesnt mean that every opinion is to be respected.

when you make bold statements, you have to be able to back em up. you cant just say some chit like "camp lo is the greatest group of all-time and youre a delusional hater if you disagree".

i remember when dudes would get roughed up for saying some silly chit if they had the nerve to grand-stand while doing it.
this whole "welcome all" chit that yall are on is why hip-hop died.

Future is still Dungeon Family whether he's Meatball, Pepperoni, or Present, or whatever name he wants to call himself.
:laff: No Limit and CMR did not blow The South up. Southern rappers were successful before No Limit and CMR were even thought of. Dungeon Family was a big deal before they even came up. When No Limit came out, they had a two year window of success and people moved on to CMR..

why is future still dungeon family? because grouping him in with them supports your agenda? why cant future still be rocko? hes the one that got future over the hump. you aint even acknowledging him.:whistle:

lol @ no limit having a 2 year window of success. you are SO from the boonies.

yes no limit blew the south up. yea there were artists who had singular success, but the coast as a whole was not a factor until no limit. im not even talking about CMR. im talking about no limit. they clearly opened the floodgates.

dungeon family didnt do anything to advance the south at all. outkast didnt open up any doors for anybody but the goodie mob.

do you understand what im saying now? theres a big dam difference between having singular success as opposed to opening up doors for an entire region. luke & j,prince made strides and opened doors for master p. then P came thru and opened up the floodgates. and a huge influx of southern acts & labels followed behind no limit.

if you cant grasp this concept, then you shouldnt be arguing.

If yout don't know what Eminem line I'm talking about, why are you even discussing it. You responded to something that I posted in response to someone else. That's why you're lost.

LOL @ putting Eminem on an album to boost sales. No rapper has ever sold more records by putting Eminem on their album. Dre's 2001 sold more copies than SSLP (arguably Em benefited more from being on his album than vice versa), Jay Z's previous albums sold more than the ones with Em features and production. Same goes for T.I. and Nas.

I could care less, who likes or doesn't like "Welcome to D Block". The fact is Jada placed Eminem on a crew song, not a single as if intended for his core fan base.

muhf*kka i never said that i was discussing the line. what the hell dont you understand?:mindblown:

i was discussing you comment. ALL I SAID was that eminem has jack chit to do with people putting jadakiss in their top 5s.

ridiculous chit like this is why i said we need to end this argument, because its on the border of getting ugly & disrespectful and i dont want to go that route with you.

and then you go on talking about some dr dre album sales and all this other irrelevant chit. SMARTEN UP SON.

btw, you do know that the eminem feature was advertised right? it doesnt have to be a single.

Benzino blocking SPCM from getting 5 mics is irrelevant , when he was at the helm when they gave Aquemini 5 mics.

whats your point?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
This might be the dumbest thread in the history of the internet.

no but this is the dumbest post and dumbest screen name that ive seen in this thread.

kick rocks f*ckboy.

im bout to start treating some of you dudes like high school. get the f*ck away from me.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
of course.

- youre a good guy or girl, or whatever. i wouldnt feel right giving you the curve.
- its my thread. im the host. i have no choice.
- i love to argue.
- i respect the fact that you stayed to fight, instead of throwing insults or negs & running.

and yea, i hope youre a female cuz im finna get all up in that ass. pause for the cause.

dont try to reverse my lines & throw em back at me. you not wavy. it wont work for you.

who are these one-album wonders that youre referring to?:mjlol:

youre exposing the hell out of yourself right now b.

are you serious with this chit breh?

so because they coined a phrase, theyre responsible for blowing the south up?

do you even know what youre saying right now?

dont even get me started on the big pimpin logic. how old are you breh?

they were influential but they were clearly not the main influences - who he doesnt want to mention.

stop taking these lil interviews at face value. especially when its dudes with skeletons in their closet.

opinions are like a$$holes. everybody has one.

that doesnt mean that every opinion is to be respected.

when you make bold statements, you have to be able to back em up. you cant just say some chit like "camp lo is the greatest group of all-time and youre a delusional hater if you disagree".

i remember when dudes would get roughed up for saying some silly chit if they had the nerve to grand-stand while doing it.
this whole "welcome all" chit that yall are on is why hip-hop died.

why is future still dungeon family? because grouping him in with them supports your agenda? why cant future still be rocko? hes the one that got future over the hump. you aint even acknowledging him.:whistle:

lol @ no limit having a 2 year window of success. you are SO from the boonies.

yes no limit blew the south up. yea there were artists who had singular success, but the coast as a whole was not a factor until no limit. im not even talking about CMR. im talking about no limit. they clearly opened the floodgates.

dungeon family didnt do anything to advance the south at all. outkast didnt open up any doors for anybody but the goodie mob.

do you understand what im saying now? theres a big dam difference between having singular success as opposed to opening up doors for an entire region. luke & j,prince made strides and opened doors for master p. then P came thru and opened up the floodgates. and a huge influx of southern acts & labels followed behind no limit.

if you cant grasp this concept, then you shouldnt be arguing.

muhf*kka i never said that i was discussing the line. what the hell dont you understand?:mindblown:

i was discussing you comment. ALL I SAID was that eminem has jack chit to do with people putting jadakiss in their top 5s.

ridiculous chit like this is why i said we need to end this argument, because its on the border of getting ugly & disrespectful and i dont want to go that route with you.

and then you go on talking about some dr dre album sales and all this other irrelevant chit. SMARTEN UP SON.

btw, you do know that the eminem feature was advertised right? it doesnt have to be a single.

whats your point?

More delusions of grandeur from a poster who thinks all of his opinions are fact. The biggest issue with you is that you don't respect opinions. That's not to say that you have to agree with all opinions, but to be dismissive of any opinion that doesn't agree with you is crazy. If someone says that OutKast is a GOAT contender, that's an opinion, but you're arguing against it as if it's a widely held fact. What's funny is that "GOAT contender" is all subjective and people who apply such to music will all have differing criteria.

One-album wonder is a group or artist who dropped one album or one important album in era. For example, The Fugees is a group that I refer to as a one album wonder. Why? They dropped one of the biggest acclaimed albums of the 90's (to some, ever) and dipped.

They didn't just coin a phrase. People started referring to "The South" as "The Dirty South" after that. Not only that, again, that song INFLUENCED OTHER RAPPERS like T.I. and trap rappers that came after.

If a rapper says out of his mouth who his influences are, it's >>>>>> you and I sitting here speculating about who their influences are. You can't dismiss it simply because you don't agree with it.

Get started on "Big Pimpin" even though I wasn't talking about the song itself. I simply pointed out that Pimp C borrowed the flow of a DF member to point out that DF had influence.

Yes, bold statements should be backed up. Consider taking your own advice. What's crazy is when people do substantiate their statements with facts, you dismiss them.

No Limit was huge from '97-'99. Tru 2 Da Game is when No Limit really took off. Of course, "Bout It" was huge, but it wasn't until Tru 2 Da Game that you could really say that everything that No Limit touched from that point up until Only God Can Judge Me mattered. 1999 was when No Limit began to taper off. I know because I was a fan.

In regard to Future, there's this interview:

No Limit didn't blow the South up. You're even arguing against yourself by even bringing up CMR because they came after No Limit. How could CMR blow up the South if No Limit did it first? You're not up on Southern music if you hold this belief. Why? Because you can't listen to Master P's "Swamp nikka" and claim he blew up the South when you hear him shout out Rap A Lot and Suave House. These labels pre-date No Limit. Eightball & MJG (Suave House) were making waves before No Limit. Those Pen & Pixel covers were spawned from Ball & G's third album. P bit "Hoody Hoo" from Kast. Mystikal was a name BEFORE No Limit. "Here I Go" was a hit song. He became bigger with No Limit, but he also gave the label credibilty because he was actually in the military. No Limit didn't open the floodgates for anyone who wasn't signed to the label.

Dungeon Family didn't do anything to advance The South? You haven't heard their music if you believe that. You got T.I. out here trying to compare his albums to Aquemini and using Goodie Mob as touchstone. You have rappers like Nas and Jay Z who acknowledge how OutKast advanced Hip Hop.

In regard to Eminem and Top 5's, you are discussing it because you brought up nobody having Jadakiss in their top 5 because of Eminem. When I mentioned Jada, I was initilly addressing someone else. The person I was addressing said noone thought of Andre as a Top 5 MC until Eminem said it. When Em mentioned Andre, Jada and several other MC's, it was on his song, "Til I Collapse". You'd know that if you weren't busy responding and multi-quoting every post in this thread.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
no but this is the dumbest post and dumbest screen name that ive seen in this thread.

kick rocks f*ckboy.

im bout to start treating some of you dudes like high school. get the f*ck away from me.

You feel better?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
No Limit was huge from '97-'99. Tru 2 Da Game is when No Limit really took off. Of course, "Bout It" was huge, but it wasn't until Tru 2 Da Game that you could really say that everything that No Limit touched from that point up until Only God Can Judge Me mattered. 1999 was when No Limit began to taper off. I know because I was a fan.

No Limit didn't blow the South up. You're even arguing against yourself by even bringing up CMR because they came after No Limit. How could CMR blow up the South if No Limit did it first? You're not up on Southern music if you hold this belief. Why? Because you can't listen to Master P's "Swamp nikka" and claim he blew up the South when you hear him shout out Rap A Lot and Suave House. These labels pre-date No Limit. Eightball & MJG (Suave House) were making waves before No Limit. Those Pen & Pixel covers were spawned from Ball & G's third album. P bit "Hoody Hoo" from Kast. Mystikal was a name BEFORE No Limit. "Here I Go" was a hit song. He became bigger with No Limit, but he also gave the label credibilty because he was actually in the military. No Limit didn't open the floodgates for anyone who wasn't signed to the label.

Dungeon Family didn't do anything to advance The South? You haven't heard their music if you believe that. You got T.I. out here trying to compare his albums to Aquemini and using Goodie Mob as touchstone. You have rappers like Nas and Jay Z who acknowledge how OutKast advanced Hip Hop.

no limit was huge from '96-00. and they were popular before that on a non-mainstream level, and they had popular stuff out after that.

i never said cash money blew the south up. but they played the biggest role after no limit in expanding it. thats all im saying.

hey dikkhead, i acknowledged rap-a-lot all thru this thread already.
i liked suave house but they were regional. they didnt make any strides.in terms of blowing up the south. THATS WHAT YOU DUDES DONT UNDERSTAND. people like suave house and this UGK name-dropping you were doing. they were great for down south but they didnt move the needle.

yes i was a big mystikal fan before no limit, and he made noise nationally before master p actually. but he didnt become an impact player until he joined the tank. most people dont even remember the run he had with "mind of mystikal".

LOL @ no limit not opening the floodgates for anyone not signed to their label. youre a joke.

and this whole attempt to compare dungeon family to no limit and cash money is ridiculous. its like trying to put flipmode & terror squad on the same pedestal as ruff ryders just because busta & fat joe have lingered around longer.

no dungeon family didnt do anything to advance the south. do you know what it means to advance a region? you have to move the needle and create interest in other artistss, and basically cause the public to tap into said region. that didnt happen until no limit. you up here trying to credit dungeon family for that chit, when the vast majority of their fans outside of the south DONT EVEN LISTEN TO SOUTHERN HIP-HOP.

More delusions of grandeur from a poster who thinks all of his opinions are fact. The biggest issue with you is that you don't respect opinions. That's not to say that you have to agree with all opinions, but to be dismissive of any opinion that doesn't agree with you is crazy. If someone says that OutKast is a GOAT contender, that's an opinion, but you're arguing against it as if it's a widely held fact. What's funny is that "GOAT contender" is all subjective and people who apply such to music will all have differing criteria.

i respect plenty of opinions on here. and theres plenty of opinions that are meant to be rejected as well.
when it comes to you, it depends on the topic. youre not a cultural guy or gal. so i know what context to put your opinions in. not saying that i dont respect your opinions but i know who you are and who you arent.

as for the opinions that i flat-out dont respect; people love to make bold statements with no content and nothing to back it up. so no, i dont respect it. and i dont respect the idea of outkast being a goat contender. they simply dont come close to filling that criteria, i dont care if dj kool herc and dj hollywood unite to call them the goat group. they clearly dont have the resume to be included in such a conversation. and youre doing a terrible job of arguing on their behalf.

One-album wonder is a group or artist who dropped one album or one important album in era. For example, The Fugees is a group that I refer to as a one album wonder. Why? They dropped one of the biggest acclaimed albums of the 90's (to some, ever) and dipped.

:comeon:

i know what a dam one-album wonder is.

im asking you who are these artists that youre referring to. youre continuously throwing the term one-album wonder out there but youre not naming any names.

stop p*ssy-footin around and just state who youre talking about already, so you can further expose yourself.

They didn't just coin a phrase. People started referring to "The South" as "The Dirty South" after that. Not only that, again, that song INFLUENCED OTHER RAPPERS like T.I. and trap rappers that came after.[/MEDIA]

AND I ASK AGAIN, so because they created a term that people use, that means theyre credited for blowing the south up? are you f*ckin serious right now?

T.I, came out darn near a decade later. stop acting like he got his buzz up off of some ancient goodie mob song that nobody remembers but their fans.

If a rapper says out of his mouth who his influences are, it's >>>>>> you and I sitting here speculating about who their influences are. You can't dismiss it simply because you don't agree with it.

Get started on "Big Pimpin" even though I wasn't talking about the song itself. I simply pointed out that Pimp C borrowed the flow of a DF member to point out that DF had influence.

Yes, bold statements should be backed up. Consider taking your own advice. What's crazy is when people do substantiate their statements with facts, you dismiss them..

we all know about wayne and his ghostwriters and why he'll never admit the real biggest influence on his style.
BE SMART MAN.

i said what i said about big pimpin, so that you can understand how miniscule your big pimpin comment was.
i see that im going over your head ALOT.

i do back up my statements and i prop up anybody that does the same, even if im not in overall agreement with them. im one of the few people that actually mans up and does that chit on here.
and no, you dont do that. you base your statements off of googling numbers and smoke-n-mirror quotes. you have no perspective on anything ever. its not your lane. you have no background in this and youre not a critical thinker anyway. i bet you'd put together a great book report tho.

In regard to Future, there's this interview:

:russell:

we already know this. WHATS YOUR POINT?

this is what im talking about man. you just google up random chit with no bearing.

Last edited:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
kast 1 of the most ground breakin' duos of album time; made classic albums and songs, trail blazed for the south in the 90's and into the 2000s and this is how they get treated now? this thread all wrong and disrespectful. how you shyt on kast like that? nikka in here doggin' them like they smilez and southstar or some shyt. man, get the fukk outta here with this bullshyt ass trollin'. shyt is wrong and disrespectful as hell :camby:

what the fukk is happenin' to the coli, bruhs? :what:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no limit was huge from '96-00. and they were popular before that on a non-mainstream level, and they had popular stuff out after that.

i never said cash money blew the south up. but they played the biggest role after no limit in expanding it. thats all im saying.

hey dikkhead, i acknowledged rap-a-lot all thru this thread already.
i liked suave house but they were regional. they didnt make any strides.in terms of blowing up the south. THATS WHAT YOU DUDES DONT UNDERSTAND. people like suave house and this UGK name-dropping you were doing. they were great for down south but they didnt move the needle.

yes i was a big mystikal fan before no limit, and he made noise nationally before master p actually. but he didnt become an impact player until he joined the tank. most people dont even remember the run he had with "mind of mystikal".

LOL @ no limit not opening the floodgates for anyone not signed to their label. youre a joke.

and this whole attempt to compare dungeon family to no limit and cash money is ridiculous. its like trying to put flipmode & terror squad on the same pedestal as ruff ryders just because busta & fat joe have lingered around longer.

no dungeon family didnt do anything to advance the south. do you know what it means to advance a region? you have to move the needle and create interest in other artistss, and basically cause the public to tap into said region. that didnt happen until no limit. you up here trying to credit dungeon family for that chit, when the vast majority of their fans outside of the south DONT EVEN LISTEN TO SOUTHERN HIP-HOP.

i respect plenty of opinions on here. and theres plenty of opinions that are meant to be rejected as well.
when it comes to you, it depends on the topic. youre not a cultural guy or gal. so i know what context to put your opinions in. not saying that i dont respect your opinions but i know who you are and who you arent.

as for the opinions that i flat-out dont respect; people love to make bold statements with no content and nothing to back it up. so no, i dont respect it. and i dont respect the idea of outkast being a goat contender. they simply dont come close to filling that criteria, i dont care if dj kool herc and dj hollywood unite to call them the goat group. they clearly dont have the resume to be included in such a conversation. and youre doing a terrible job of arguing on their behalf.

:comeon:

i know what a dam one-album wonder is.

im asking you who are these artists that youre referring to. youre continuously throwing the term one-album wonder out there but youre not naming any names.

stop p*ssy-footin around and just state who youre talking about already, so you can further expose yourself.

AND I ASK AGAIN, so because they created a term that people use, that means theyre credited for blowing the south up? are you f*ckin serious right now?

T.I, came out darn near a decade later. stop acting like he got his buzz up off of some ancient goodie mob song that nobody remembers but their fans.

we all know about wayne and his ghostwriters and why he'll never admit the real biggest influence on his style.
BE SMART MAN.

i said what i said about big pimpin, so that you can understand how miniscule your big pimpin comment was.
i see that im going over your head ALOT.

i do back up my statements and i prop up anybody that does the same, even if im not in overall agreement with them. im one of the few people that actually mans up and does that chit on here.
and no, you dont do that. you base your statements off of googling numbers and smoke-n-mirror quotes. you have no perspective on anything ever. its not your lane. you have no background in this and youre not a critical thinker anyway. i bet you'd put together a great book report tho.

:russell:

we already know this. WHATS YOUR POINT?

this is what im talking about man. you just google up random chit with no bearing.

No Limit was not huge in '96. Out of everything they dropped in 1996, it was only Ice Cream Man that made noise. Nothing else from the Tank even came close. It wasn't until Tru 2 Da Game that No Limit really became a force. I'm sure people knew records like Kane & Abel's "Gangstafied", but it wasn't on the level of "Bout It", "Break Em Off Somethin", "I Always Feel Like" and "No Limit Soldiers". In 2000, No Limit was really on it's last legs. Many of the key members were gone including the production team. Goodfellas and Ghetto Postage was the last semblance of success from No Limit.

If Suave House was regional, then No Limit was regional. Suave House had Rakim rhyming on their production. Mase, Mobb Deep, Krayzie Bone, and Foxy Brown featured Eightball & MJG (or sometimes just Eightball on their albums).

No Limit didn't open the floodgates for anyone outside of the label.

LOL @ the Flimpmode analogy. It doesn't even make sense. It's more like comparing Wu Tang (a crew) to Ruff Ryders (label and a crew) which is what No Limit and CMR were.

Dungeon Family did advance the South. You're playing dumb for the sake of playing dumb. If I recall correctly, I remember you agreeing with someone that T.I. lifted his style from Cool Breeze. Breeze debuted on "Dirty South" the same song T.I. referenced on "Top Back".

How do you know what the majority of OutKast fans listen to? You've admitted that you're not even up on the group like that.

You're not a cultural guy. You're a fraud and a poser who likes to claim he's culture guy just to look credible. State your opinion and be yourself. You're playing yourself.