Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Look Keith did not father And style lol. Like there is absolutely no relation

breh...Andre didnt just wake up and change his whole style overnight to the point where it had no correlation to anything else going on in his region...

Cam wore pink, but it was still hoodish in terms of the Dna of new york cats...From the timbs to the jeans etc..

When Cash Money hit with tees,rees,and girbauds, it was still in correlation with what was happening in their region..

3 6 Mafia had their unique style, but the DNA was still there..

You dont go completely left field overnight...To the point where nothing in that style has any DNA with the region you come from...

In no way did i say outkast was "wack"...

i said influence wise, its not there...

And every singer from Usher to Chris brown to any D-list singer tries to be Michael Jackson on stage..Bobby Brown not on these nikkas radars...:mjlol:...

Daps
:yeshrug:

If you look at the Atl sound in the last 15 years...it really dosent have a trace of outkast in it...

They do have alot of fans and they have their place, but their DNA as far as influence dosent connect..
Future
Young Thug
B.o.B
2 Chainz
Killer Mike
Janelle Monae
Rich Homie Quan
Migos

Acts right off the top of my head (there's some I've missed) - who've either said directly they're influenced by Outkast or have traces of their shyt in their music. And that's only from Georgia - the biggest artist in the game for the last few years (hell, the TWO biggest artists) have Outkast running right through their music. Either you're not paying attention or you're lost as to what their sound really is, because you can't pinpoint it like you would Wu-Tang or Mobb Deep.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Well its easier to aim to be like Bobby Brown than Michael Jackson...

Andre 3K has inspired every elite mc post kast in the game. Obviously most rappers ain't up for that challenge so they take inspiration and model themselves after something more achievable... Like cash money, etc and people in that vein :mjpls:

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

:banderas::banderas::banderas:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this guy always lives hip-hop thru media & charts,

and no, the source was not NY bias. they were biased towards certain styles & sub-genres.

outkast came thru carrying on that native tongue tradition. thats why they always get the looks & ratings that they get.

I don't live through Hip Hop via media and charts. If I'm referencing a specific time period, I like having the data from that time period to back it up. To say Kast wasn't a tier 1 group in the 90's is revisionist. Who really was ranking groups into tiers in the 90's? Few 90's groups period were looked as GOAT contenders in the 90's. Could you honestly put a 90's group on the same level as an NWA (yeah they only had two albums and really one with all the members, but the impact and influence makes them significant), Run DMC, Public Enemy, and BDP?

By the time The Source gave Kast 5 mics, it was for Aquemini which sounded nothing like Native Tongues. I mean, you could say maybe "Rosa Parks" or the title track with "Da Art of Storytellin' Pt. 1" sounding like something out of the Native Tongues.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well im asking you now.:sas1:

its not even the south doing that.

its these internet & rap-journalist types.

when i lived down south, the only time i got to talk about outkast was when i turned my computer on.:pachaha:

their sound was more southern than no limit & cash money.

why werent the dungeon family as popular, influential or groundbreaking as those camps?

:popcorn:

Nothing about CMR or No Limit was as groundbreaking as Dungeon Family. You're basically comparing a fad (No Limit and 90's CMR) to a crew with actual longevity. You do realize that Future is Dungeon Family.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never heard anybody refer to 3k as an elite MC before Em did it. Now we're in the era of southern revisionism and they're trying to write him in as a legit GOAT contender :comeon:

YOU never heard anyone refer to 3K as an elite MC before Em did it. Just remember to give Em credit for making people put Kurupt, Jada, and Redman in that elite class too.

DJDONTNOBODYPAYME

- 8ball Investments™ CEO -
Daps
Reppin
Myself
Coli been slippin for the past week. Just random reach threads about anything :mjlol:

I really do hope that these are just Young Green Gumps. Because if these are your staff writers then :banderas:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
They were not a top teir group??? Bruh TEACHERS USED TO LEAVE SCHOOL come back AND PLAY IT WHILE WE DID CLASS WORK... MORE THAN ONE... lmao...

I really can't believe its 21 pages even debating this

lol.

this guy never realizes that hes the biggest Atlanta homer on this site.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
One of the WOAT threads in internet history.

posts like this just make you dudes look like silly dikkriders.

if this thread is so bad, then you should be able to kill it with content.

real content. not long-winded posts where youre pulling chit out of your ass either. that chit holds less weight than a smiley post.

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
please enjoy this 1 star

kast got 4 borderline 5 classics...most consistent and original group ever

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
posts like this just make you dudes look like silly dikkriders.

if this thread is so bad, then you should be able to kill it with content.

real content. not long-winded posts where youre pulling chit out of your ass either. that chit holds less weight than a smiley post.
pretty sure i remmember you years ago making awful threads on sohh also

keep tradition alive

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
pretty sure i remmember you years ago making awful threads on sohh also

keep tradition alive

pretty sure i never heard of your no-name ass.

keep bangin.

Last edited: